List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draft changes will come in for 2025, it's just hot air from the AFL on this. All they will do is announce the new changes so all clubs head to trade week with full knowledge of the changes for 2025 and beyond. Nothing to worry about this year.
I like your optimism, but history says the AFL will take any opportunity they can to **** us.

I like your optimism, but history says the AFL will take any opportunity they can to **** us.
there would be no reason to rush these changes in if we hadn't practically announced our intentions to trade down this year. if this gets implemented it's the clearest sign yet that we are on the afl hitlist.

there would be no reason to rush these changes in if we hadn't practically announced our intentions to trade down this year. if this gets implemented it's the clearest sign yet that we are on the afl hitlist.
CFL
They do not want us up there again.
Any other club is fine though.

What a disgusting filthy corrupt League.

CFL
They do not want us up there again.
Any other club is fine though.

What a disgusting filthy corrupt League.
The thing is I agree there needs to be some changes. A club can win the premiership one year and get the top young talent in the next draft for a bunch of nothing picks. It's dumb and unbalanced. But like the Prez said lists aren't built on the fly they're plotted out years in advance. To drop a change like this without warning... The only possible reason they'd do that is to block an action they see coming up in this current draft.

The thing is I agree there needs to be some changes. A club can win the premiership one year and get the top young talent in the next draft for a bunch of nothing picks. It's dumb and unbalanced. But like the Prez said lists aren't built on the fly they're plotted out years in advance. To drop a change like this without warning... The only possible reason they'd do that is to block an action they see coming up in this current draft.
Probably block the blues x2 camporeales.

AFL had no issues with this rule when it was GWS, GC, Sydney taking advantage of this.

Conveniently, the AFL literally owns these clubs.

Draft changes will come in for 2025, it's just hot air from the AFL on this. All they will do is announce the new changes so all clubs head to trade week with full knowledge of the changes for 2025 and beyond. Nothing to worry about this year.
BS

If the supporters and clubs did nothing about this absolute lie from Laura Kane, the AFL would see it as acceptance and would push it through. We need to highlight their incompetence on this issue instead of thinking it won't happen.

Our well planned strategy is about to be completely ****ed by the AFL.

What a complete amateur organisation. Laura Kane with a big blight on her administration quite early on.

We talking about a person who banned whistling on the interchange bench ..... whistling .... do any clubs whistle from the bench in the AFL anymore?

She is a ****ing joke.

We talking about a person who banned whistling on the interchange bench ..... whistling .... do any clubs whistle from the bench in the AFL anymore?

She is a ****ing joke.
Didn't she drive the no weights displayed in player bios change? ****ing dumbest thing I've ever seen. Was there a survey done, any opinions gathered from players? Nah, Laura just projecting her own insecurities onto a bunch of uber fit blokes playing footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't she drive the no weights displayed in player bios change? ****ing dumbest thing I've ever seen. Was there a survey done, any opinions gathered from players? Nah, Laura just projecting her own insecurities onto a bunch of uber fit blokes playing footy.

She didn't want people to talk about her eating Maccas on the way home every night from CFL meetings.

She is a ****ing joke.
Thought you were joking lmao

BS

If the supporters and clubs did nothing about this absolute lie from Laura Kane, the AFL would see it as acceptance and would push it through. We need to highlight their incompetence on this issue instead of thinking it won't happen.
It's not BS, it's not going to happen this year.

We absolutely must tank the remainder of the year. There's blokes like Trezise, Banks, Bauer, Coulthard, Green, Smith that need to be given 4 or 5 senior opportunities to figure out who deserve another contract and who can delist/ trade. Don't tell me there's not 4 or 5 in the team who could be swapped out. Watching Watson spud it up today I remember seeing that Hawks were filthy finishing 3rd last and watching their pick blow out to pick 5. We need to finish dead motherless last and make our own fate. If North finish last and get pick 2 comp for Zurhaar I'll spew. We need to be pick 1 so we can dictate exactly who we want. The club needs to be ruthless and bid on Ashcroft and if Gold Coast do poach Rioli and aren't massively over generous, Bid on Lombard too. Wipe out points. I just looked at Freos draw I reckon they're guarantees 3 wins minimum maybe 5? Worst they can drop is 5 places lower to 13th?

That would give us picks:
2, 22, 28, 40, 41, 46, 58, 66, 71, 76, 94

Would prefer finish last and land:
1, 21, 28, 39, 41, 46, 57, 66, 71, 75, 93

I can't see the points system changing this year. Laura Kane has proven to be a buffoon, egotistical token hire. Her mouth moves faster than her brain. Saying clubs were told 12 months ago us pure fantasy. She's so dumb because clubs would have minutes from the meeting contradicting the garbage she spewed on the radio.

Richmond brilliantly kicked the can down the road landing Mcauliffe whilst gaining Freo's 2nd, 3rd and West Coasts 3rd. They never would've done that if it was flagged picks outside 40 have no points value. Same goes for several clubs like Blues, Bears and pretty soon theyll all collude to squash her nonsense. She's making Dillon look like a fool constantly. I'm betting she's moved sideways within 3 years and made to want to quit taking away her delusional fantasy about ever getting the top job with her.
The best part about finishing last apart from getting first pick..is we get first pick second round second day of the draft.if a really good player slides to that pick
The other 17 clubs will be bending over backwards to attain that pick, great bargaining spot to be in
And also maybe sneak a uncontracted player through pre season draft
I just did ladder predictictor and we finished 18th

It's not BS, it's not going to happen this year.

Hope your right but when Laura Kane sits in a commentary box on the weekend and is directly asked if this could be implemented this draft and if clubs knew it could, bold face lies and says they were.

I don't trust them at all.

Ralphy seems to think all are aware.

So, our club deliberately ignored it and planned that it wouldn't happen?

I don't believe it.

The AFL made comments about it possibly changing after the draft concluded, not while we were in the process of planning.

Ralphy seems to think all are aware.

Absolute horse crap.

Why would we have stockpiled 9 (NINE) draft picks by constantly moving back in the previous draft to stockpile more picks if that was the case ??

****ing revisionist history going on here !

Cheating bulshit campaigners !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back