List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be people think if we did a trade of

1, 21, 35 & 39 to the Suns for 7, 8, 20 & 27

Suns would get ahead of a Lombard bid and would be able to match with the points left over from their other picks.

We'd get 2 cracks at the top 10 kids and minimum of 4 picks in the first 2 rounds before any other trades were done.

Suns would get ahead of a Lombard bid and would be able to match with the points left over from their other picks.

We'd get 2 cracks at the top 10 kids and minimum of 4 picks in the first 2 rounds before any other trades were done.
First pick back needs to be top 4 for me.

We'd end up with #9 as our first pick in that scenario because of Ashcroft/Lombard, which is too far to drop back from #1.

dropping back too far!

Im Not No Way GIF

For people that know more about how it works then me.

What is the plan regarding swapping our later picks with Carlton or Brisbane? Has been mentioned in the media and online a fair bit over the last few months.

Keep 1 we need to get something in between
1 and 21
This, must find a way to get another top 10 pick IMO. We could literally set up the next 10 year midfield. Think the next Butters and Rozee from one draft.

FOS and Lalor
Smith and Lalor

The above combo's are pretty sexy.

What is the plan regarding swapping our later picks with Carlton or Brisbane? Has been mentioned in the media and online a fair bit over the last few months.

It is why we kept pushing our pick back last draft when we took McAuliffe. Extra points as we knew a couple of clubs would need to get more points and we could rise up the draft. Now we are in the hands of Laura. God help us.

This, must find a way to get another top 10 pick IMO. We could literally set up the next 10 year midfield. Think the next Butters and Rozee from one draft.

FOS and Lalor
Smith and Lalor

The above combo's are pretty sexy.

Would need two top 6 picks I reckon. Can’t see it happening.

But I’d take a FOS/Lalor/Smith/Draper/Smilie and Reid combo for sure!

It is why we kept pushing our pick back last draft when we took McAuliffe. Extra points as we knew a couple of clubs would need to get more points and we could rise up the draft. Now we are in the hands of Laura. God help us.
Don't go there mate her weekly umpire segment got cut by the 🎪 to precious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of pick swaps and maybe that works.
Looking at ways to get a nice draft hand together without completely losing the plot and trading out everyone.

If we can be smart with our approach there is no reason we can't end up with something like what I've proposed.

To be honest, I'd only do the first suggestion if I knew that the 2nd part was lined up as well.

If not then I'd take pick 1 to the draft and take either Draper or Smith as mentioned last night and hope that we're able to trade into a position to get the other as well, but I think that's a bridge too far.

Effectively last year Richmond and Carlton specifically made plans in their trading and drafting strategies around the heap of academy and Father sons this year. We specifically decided that we would stockpile 2024 picks at the cost of going back in the draft and taking two players in the 40 - 50 pick range. Carlton on the other hand hedged their bets because at the time it seemed like only 1 of the Camporile boys would be in the 15-25 pick range but now it seems that both are shooting up the order.

We are now in the hands of the AFL because they are looking at changing the Academy and Father Son rules and implementing it in this draft instead of next year which would be the fair thing to do (as teams plan ahead on a 2 year basis). The plan would be that the Point paying picks only go to 53ish (previously went into the 60s and 70s) and to match you have to use 1 pick from the round that the bid comes in (e.g. If a Father-son is bid on in the first round then your first round pick must be used as part of the matching process).

This basically renders all the extra picks we have taken as moot as there is no reason for a Carlton or Brisbane to want to trade if those rules come in. Additionally, we couldn't bundle them up for next year either as that problem is still there. Essentially, If the AFL goes through with this change this year we are essentially a Hedge Fund that held a majority position in the insurance company for the World Trade Centre as well as having a major position in Boeing and the airlines on 9/11.

Edwards, Cotchin then Martin were all taken years apart.
I dont expect us to solve our issues in 1 draft.
Below was our List build picture at the Start of 2017. They have sorted the players as per the players first draft (i.e. Lambert in 2009 when he was drafted in 14/15)
1721008162235.png

That would essentially be:
1, 35, 39
for
7, 8, 27

Don't hate it but as others have said I think we could do better

Keep 1 we need to get something in between
1 and 21
Yep think we can get 2 picks in the teens - baker will and combining our late picks for
Another in the teens will be perfect.

We can then grab a mid with pick 1, another mid or Kako with one of the teens picks and one of the talls with the other teens pick

Good strong draft hall

Last edited:
weaknesses?

Not agility thats for sure

Pace ? 1st 5 steps not express, but when he gets going, hard to stop

I dont think he has weaknesses, inside outside midfielder who kicks goals, whats not to like?
Are u able to show us his u18s stats as the greatest ever mids mainly all have incredible goals per match averages ,
With official elite statistics at 20 dis and 1 goal per game.(mid forwards).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back