List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it has (if we believe anything) been knocked on the head but I would absolutely be trading Bolton.

I get it, I get it, please don't come at me and say we can't just get rid of everyone, but we're not getting rid of everyone, we'll still have plenty of senior players.

Bolton just looks disinterested far too often and fumbles the first touch too much. I think what we could get for him, likely a top 10 pick or two, would help us kick start our rebuild that much more.

Baker, Bolton, Dan Rioili, that leaves us with potentially 4 or 5 picks in the top 10, that's insane.

Another year or two near the bottom and we'll be very good in 4-5 years.

Bolton at his best won't be around for our next push either, so bugger it, I reckon we just cut our losses.

I know it has (if we believe anything) been knocked on the head but I would absolutely be trading Bolton.

I get it, I get it, please don't come at me and say we can't just get rid of everyone, but we're not getting rid of everyone, we'll still have plenty of senior players.

Bolton just looks disinterested far too often and fumbles the first touch too much. I think what we could get for him, likely a top 10 pick or two, would help us kick start our rebuild that much more.

Baker, Bolton, Dan Rioili, that leaves us with potentially 4 or 5 picks in the top 10, that's insane.

Bolton at his best won't be around for our next push either, so bugger it, I reckon we just cut our losses.
Lose Bolton and maybe Short and we could end up 1 top 10 and some backend seconds and thirds or even two 10 - 20 picks and some third rounders.

Would love that as a bounty for Yze's first year. We really need to get all the picks we can get before the Tassie team comes in.

What would be people think if we did a trade of

1, 21, 35 & 39 to the Suns for 7, 8, 20 & 27

Suns would get ahead of a Lombard bid and would be able to match with the points left over from their other picks.

We'd get 2 cracks at the top 10 kids and minimum of 4 picks in the first 2 rounds before any other trades were done.

nah we need more first rounders

Suns would get ahead of a Lombard bid and would be able to match with the points left over from their other picks.

We'd get 2 cracks at the top 10 kids and minimum of 4 picks in the first 2 rounds before any other trades were done.
Pick 1 alone would be worth 7 and 8 for Gold Coast this year with their academy player.

21 35 & 39 would be enough for about a pick between 16 - 18

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

Below was our List build picture at the Start of 2017. They have sorted the players as per the players first draft (i.e. Lambert in 2009 when he was drafted in 14/15)
View attachment 2048974

Doin Gods work! Just shows how you need to nail 1x top pick each draft and supplement with rookies/trades

Pick 1 alone would be worth 7 and 8 for Gold Coast this year with their academy player.

21 35 & 39 would be enough for about a pick between 16 - 18

Pick 1 + 21 would easily be enough for Gold Coast 7,8 and future 1st (~8-12)

We definitely need to let one of Baker, Rioli or Bolton go.

Baker has all the speculation but is a heart and sole type and onfield leader with his attack at the ball. Seems a big loss for a pick in the teens. If Steely keeps doing what he did this weekend though maybe we have a lookalike replacement.

Bolton nets us the biggest return. Absolutely a top 10 pick and something else to sweeten the deal. He gets people through the gates though and is hitting his prime now so it would need to be a big deal for us to consider.

Rioli is the one for me who I think can be traded out. He's one of the best HBFs in the league, run and drive with creativity- exactly what GCS need so again they'll overpay to get him in and we can also pay some wages to bump up his price given their cap squeeze. He can be replaced though and allows a top draftee to slot into a flank and get game time before moving to the mid.

The goal should be to have 3x top 15 picks and the only way we can achieve that is by letting one of them go.

Lose Bolton and maybe Short and we could end up 1 top 10 and some backend seconds and thirds or even two 10 - 20 picks and some third rounders.

Would love that as a bounty for Yze's first year. We really need to get all the picks we can get before the Tassie team comes in.
Be lucky to get a 5th rounder for short :think:

Keep shai
Trade baker rioli and short.
This and its not even close..

Half backs are so easily found.. Baker is the easiest to replace, also kinda looks checked out already from his last 2 games..

Rioli a but harder to replace as he really is a gun with all the skills but his value is huge and we will get overs from Suns.

Bolton is a match winner, will win our next Norm Smith. You don’t trade that sort of player unless he’s on crack and even still

I’m happy to trade Baker and Rioli if that nets us 2-3 picks in the top 15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half backs are so easily found.. Baker is the easiest to replace, also kinda looks checked out already from his last 2 games..

Rioli a but harder to replace as he really is a gun with all the skills but his value is huge and we will get overs from Suns.

Bolton is a match winner, will win our next Norm Smith. You don’t trade that sort of player unless he’s on crack and even still

Just Baker for mine but I also see the logic behind Rioli

Completely agree

This wouldnt surprise me but i just don't trust Kane at all.
Well it would be ignorant and damn stupid to not at least hear the offers

Just pray he knocks them back otherwise we take them to the cleaners

Freo will win the flag with Bolton so I reckon they unload the truck in a bid to get him

Last edited:
Can only see Baker leaving and even that's 50/50

All the other talk is just noise. Club has already shut down the Rioli and Bolton talks. Even if what Kane says is true, Shai is still contracted, and the club has already ruled it out.
you would be good in going into 25' with all
Bolton , Baker, Short, Rioli, Dusty, Graham still all on our list
meaning we made no trade's during the 24' period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back