List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost contested ball by 38 and clearances by 23. Areas we’ve been pretty good in all year.

Of course highly contested midfielders good in clearances would’ve helped us.

Norm Smith and Barassi could’ve been coaching us … no team can compete losing CP by 38 and clearances by 23. That’s as bad as it gets in both those stats…. we did well to lose by 39. Normally that discrepancy would see a 15-goal flogging.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Correct , I knew losing TT and Ross meant 45-50p were out the door replaced with squat , don’t know how the bookies had us as favs

The only win-win Scenario i could think with trading Lynch would be with melbourne

In : Jefferson
Out : Lynch

Save $1mil in cap space
benefit for Melbourne they may steal another 1 maybe 2 flags with
Lynch , Lever , May , Petracca , Oliver , Gawn , Pickett

Only if Jefferson is a sure thing, which no one knows at this point.

A first rounder for a bloke will be 32, with question marks over his body and won't be around next time we challenge for the 8? Makes complete sense to me.
He could play for 3 more years or more for all we know, pick 20 ish could never play a game.

Here we go again with the Bolton trade talk again... after a loss
If we trade him we might not get a player as good, even with multiple high picks.

Do you know rare those player are?

I would never willingly trade Shai…unless he desperately wants to go

Players of his ability are rare…even if we get 2 first rounders…what would that give us…good players but no match winners winners most likely

Shai is a freak and is getting better and better

You’d def get a top 25 pic for lynch from say a Coll or Melb don’t kid yourself , when he’s fit he’s as good a FF in the comp , pick 21 is worth that risk . Then we pass onto gws for Josh fahey
Fahey?
That's all we need is another hbf.

You’d def get a top 25 pic for lynch from say a Coll or Melb don’t kid yourself , when he’s fit he’s as good a FF in the comp , pick 21 is worth that risk . Then we pass onto gws for Josh fahey
Given his injury history the last 2 years and age as well as contract value, we'd only get that if we picked up a big chunk of his salary IMO. Neither of those clubs are going to trade a good pick for a short term rental.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What??? We were absolutely slaughtered in contested ball and clearances. Happens to be the strength of TT and Hopper. Of course they would have helped
No way yeo would have rag dolled Hopper
Don't think people still understand that we would be blown off the park in the midfield if we didn't recruit them , Eagles have given us a taste of what's to come without them 2 in the middle

I think today's game not only highlighted the importance of TT and Hopper in this team, but also the importance of keeping your senior leaders even if you're going through a rebuild.

WCE don't win the game if they decided to trade out players like McGovern, Barrass, Yeo and Kelly (as multiple people have suggested over the past couple of seasons), and it was the senior players in Waterman, Darling and Cripps who were rag-dolling us in the attack once WCE won the ball out of the middle.

Contrast that with North who have gone full youth, and there is no leadership, structure, accountability or standards even with Clarko in charge there. North fans want their "senior" players in MacDonald, Corr, Fisher etc. all out of the team if social media is anything to go by.

One or two for the right deal? Sure. But to say we accept every half decent offer we get for an older player is ludicrous.
Throw in the Hawks who have gone down a similar path, they have shown us how not to do it.

Fair call. I’m obviously delighted we kept pick 1 last year and took Harley but this year (my opinion not necessarily other BF posters at this early stage) I feel like we should split it for multiple 1Rs. Was just looking at ways we could do that and proposed a trade with Tigers, Suns, Freo and us. Thought it was a win for everyone and resulted in you guys with the number 1 pick (24 hours ago) but sounds like you would rather deal with GCS or Freo directly and grab a couple of mid/late 1Rs for one of those players?
Personally it's a no from my end. We can't afford to be trading those kinds of players away as they are hard to replace on & off the field.

Personally it's a no from my end. We can't afford to be trading those kinds of players away as they are hard to replace on & off the field.
Cheers mate tough one for you guys with so many flag stars leaving you still need leadership on (and off) field in addition to bringing in the next generation. Easier to compare actual players than picks. Bolton and Baker for Harley Reid is probably more easily assessed than those players for “pick 1” for example. Will be an interesting watch from an outsider’s perspective to see how the Tigers shape their list before Tassie come in.

I think this is a interesting year.

What the f... is going on at the Bulldogs???

North is a mess

We are ravaged with injury.

Interesting options at the end possibly, lot of clubs thinking of doing this and that possibly

Some of the players must be looking sideways at other clubs. I am bemused by some talking down the Bulldogs situation. David King on First Crack is funny talking about selling off Bailey Dale, Bailey Smith, Daniel, English and others as if other clubs will stump up what Bulldogs might desire and they do some kind of rebuild with Darcy emerging as well as Sanders?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back