List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Philips is a poor man’s Tom Scully (both 181cm). Given Philips is small, just not sure what we’re hoping he turns into? A depth midfielder? He’s too small for a modern day wingman. He’s not dynamic enough or have goal kicking in his repertoire to be a HFF. So we are relying on him becoming what to make the 3 x $400k and the trade worthwhile? A smaller but maybe slightly better version of Dow? A better version of Sonsie (both 181cm).

Let’s make sure anyone we bring into the club is young AND a walk up best-18 in 2025… otherwise we are just list clogging. (I’d make an exception if it was a punt with upside and filled a need… a developing ruck or KPF). We don’t need small, C-grade midfielders.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If last nights game wasn’t proof, we need to stop drafting short asses. The intercept marks around the ground are killing us, for some reason we can’t even spoil it anymore.

Hawks dropped sitters, that’s pretty much the only time we got the ball in a 1v1 on the wing.

If last nights game wasn’t proof, we need to stop drafting short asses. The intercept marks around the ground are killing us, for some reason we can’t even spoil it anymore.

Hawks dropped sitters, that’s pretty much the only time we got the ball in a 1v1 on the wing.

Matty Clarke loved the absolute small short people.

What a legacy he has left!

Chris Toce comes in and bang! Two KPP. **** your short people over in the West Clarkey!

Matty Clarke loved the absolute small short people.

What a legacy he has left!

Chris Toce comes in and bang! Two KPP. **** your short people over in the West Clarkey!
Yup,

Which is why we need to gut the list imo.

Grimes (retire), Cumbo (delist), Short (trade/retire), Prestia (retire, too injured), Baker (trade), Graham (trade), Naismith (retire), Mate Colina (delist), Macintosh (retire), Pickett (retire)

Either get 3 top 20 kids in the draft or 5 top 30.

Done.

Yup,

Grimes (retire), Cumbo (delist), Short (trade/retire), Prestia (retire, too injured), Baker (trade), Graham (trade), Naismith (retire), Mate Colina (delist), Macintosh (retire), Pickett (retire)

Done.
Dow should be first delisted.

Yup,

Done.
We need to keep Mac.

Yup,

Done.
We need to keep Baker

Grimes (retire), Prestia (retire), Short (trade), Naismith (delist), Coulthard (delist), Dow (delist), Graham (FA), Cumberland (delist) Pickett (retire).

That’s what I would do. Cut deep but keep our some core. Hoping Dusty stays for one more year but have some doubts. If we can keep Baker I definitely would. Short is expendable, hoping we get a decent pick back for Graham.

Our aerial ability has been shite for a couple of seasons , get blight into boost our stocks , the likes of cumbo who refuse to even compete don’t help

Last edited:
Grimes (retire), Prestia (retire), Short (trade), Naismith (delist), Coulthard (delist), Dow (delist), Graham (FA), Cumberland (delist) Pickett (retire).

That’s what I would do. Cut deep but keep our some core. Hoping Dusty stays for one more year but have some doubts. If we can keep Baker I definitely would. Short is expendable, hoping we get a decent pick back for Graham.
Fairly close but I can see us losing baker or rioli or both , just my spider senses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fairly close but I can see us losing baker or rioli or both , just my spider senses

Yeah I can see that. Last week I was firm on Baker leaving from a source but yesterday I was told there was a shift in this. Who knows, up in the air. Until he signs with us he is vulnerable to leave.

Rioli I can’t see it. Maybe that’s wishful thinking.

If they request to leave, we will get back a lot. Enough to almost rebuild the list.

2 first rounders
7ffda3ffa1c55d7fbf108db768b59f92.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back