List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine having Caddy instead of Hopper. This is what trading out picks looks like for injury-prone players
I'm hearin ya. Imagine having Dion Prestia when we could've had Jack Scrimshaw.

Mate, get over it, move on ffs. I'm totally done with these recrimination posts about Taranto, Hopper, etc.

Imagine having Caddy instead of Hopper. This is what trading out picks looks like for injury-prone players
Nate has two goals to his career ... kicked against WC ... lol ... might have a career

Will probably join us as a free agent in 2032 when Essendon still hasn't won a final and Hopper is retired a Richmond premiership player

We really should chase Chad Warner to add the speed and run to go with Taranto and Hopper's grunt rather than taking a midfielder that will reach his peak after these two are done.

Pick 2 and Vlastuin for Pick 18 and Warner looks fair and win-win for both sides

Nate has two goals to his career ... kicked against WC ... lol ... might have a career

Will probably join us as a free agent in 2032 when Essendon still hasn't won a final and Hopper is retired a Richmond premiership player

We really should chase Chad Warner to add the speed and run to go with Taranto and Hopper's grunt rather than taking a midfielder that will reach his peak after these two are done.

Pick 2 and Vlastuin for Pick 18 and Warner looks fair and win-win for both sides
Rather be chasing Reid tbh if rumours are true and he wants back to Vic. Box seat. Manager will be looking at Dusty as an example of the kind of money a superstar can make them with a black and yellow guernsey on, that's half the battle.

Rather be chasing Reid tbh if rumours are true and he wants back to Vic. Box seat. Manager will be looking at Dusty as an example of the kind of money a superstar can make them with a black and yellow guernsey on, that's half the battle.
Rumours aren't true just wishful thinking. We are no chance.

We wouldnt be getting a pick back in this scenario.

What would you have to give up for Reid ...

Pick 2, Baker and Broad ... (and West Coast supporters would still burn the club down) ... would have to include Bolton ... and probably our 2025 pick.

Those three players and pick 2 and 3 would make WCE competitive next year ...

If they were sending their second round picks back .... maybe ... still a big risk ... Reid has the potential to be better than Dusty ... or could break a leg and be the next Nathan Brown ..

and Shai is still only 25 ... his next 4 years will be his best ... has the physical talents to explode like Dusty from 17-20

But absolutely ... if you can put Harley Reid with Taranto and Hopper ... you do that everyday of the week ... and 5 times on Sunday

And with Baker and Bolton both meeting with Clarke and the WCE during the bye I'd hope Blair Hartley was around at Mr and Mrs Reid house in the weekend with a lot more to offer than a couple of bricks with their name on it.

Would love to think that he took Ralph Carr with him ... that bloke loves a golden goose

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

??? HTF did the club not nab Durham when he was under their nose ?
I’d love someone to argue that he is not currently better than Taranto and/or Hopper and won’t be in the future .
He was under their nose and had shown good form in the matches he played but unfortunately we didn’t have the necessary picks available in the MSD

??? HTF did the club not nab Durham when he was under their nose ?
I’d love someone to argue that he is not currently better than Taranto and/or Hopper and won’t be in the future .
Because we were up top and Essendon were shit and got first access in the MSD

If Bolton wants out and is happy at Freo I’d be asking for

Their 12,13 & 15 in Exchange for Bolton and our 3rd pick
If we lost Bolton to Freo, I'd want 12, future 1st, and Treacy.

Maybe not but we could say Gday to to the Gold Coast and get 8,10 and another pick.

Genuine hypotheticals here.

Just looking at some talent this year I would love us to have some top 20 picks.
Doubtful. GC will be wanting to move UP, not down. They want to be picking before someone bids on Lombard, so moving out from 8 & 10 means nothing to them.

What would you have to give up for Reid ...

Pick 2, Baker and Broad ... (and West Coast supporters would still burn the club down) ... would have to include Bolton ... and probably our 2025 pick.

Those three players and pick 2 and 3 would make WCE competitive next year ...

If they were sending their second round picks back .... maybe ... still a big risk ... Reid has the potential to be better than Dusty ... or could break a leg and be the next Nathan Brown ..

and Shai is still only 25 ... his next 4 years will be his best ... has the physical talents to explode like Dusty from 17-20

But absolutely ... if you can put Harley Reid with Taranto and Hopper ... you do that everyday of the week ... and 5 times on Sunday

And with Baker and Bolton both meeting with Clarke and the WCE during the bye I'd hope Blair Hartley was around at Mr and Mrs Reid house in the weekend with a lot more to offer than a couple of bricks with their name on it.

Would love to think that he took Ralph Carr with him ... that bloke loves a golden goose
What would we have to give up for Reid?? Few digital grandstand bricks to start with....

No chance they are parting ways with Treacy now he’s showing some seriously good signs.

Sam Sturt might be keen for a fresh start. Would be a nice 3rd tall forward option if he gets his body right.
Sturt's an honest player, but I don't want someone like him if we're losing Bolton.

If they want Bolton, they have to give up something big. Treacy is something big.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back