List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lose D. Rioli and Liam Baker. Lot of talent there too but I see what you're saying. Or are we better off cutting Bolton loose (hell of a lot of talent there!) and keeping Rioli and Baker and getting a similar deal ?

Or keep all three, lose Graham to FA and just use the late pics to fatten our hand ?

#2 - Richmond
#8 - Gold Coast
#10 - Brisbane or #15 - Carlton
#22 - Richmond
#30ish - Richmond

This is a deep draft. Imagine keeping all our A grade talent and having 2 top 10 picks a pick between 10&15 say and another two inside about 30 !

Hmmm
How would we get 8 & 10? We don't have nearly that many points?

I reckon Brisbane probably ends up with a mid-teens pick anyway. I can easily see them getting to the second or third week of finals.
Yep and I think that's about what we will get with our points. (Assuming we hold our natural 2nd and whatever we get for Graham compo)

If suns are legitimately open to giving us 7/8 plus 20, and Rioli wants to go then we should do everything we can to squeeze them for 7 and 8 instead. Even if we have to give them a 2nd/3rd round pick this year and next year for their academy kids.
We know dimma has a habit of saying just flipping get it done so let’s make sure we come out smelling like roses

How would we get 8 & 10? We don't have nearly that many points?
No I'm saying we could get #8 and possibly #10 or #15 depending how the chips fall. We may end up being able to use picks from the next TWO ('25 & ' 26) to swap for picks and deals this year if we think, like it seems to be, '24 is a bumper draft.

It's all supposition and guess work in June.

That might be the final trade in this situation, but not where you start.
Ita negotiation, you don't start where you are hoping you start higher and see who blinks first.
Given Rioli is contracted long term we really don't have to blink.
There are also other option like paying part of Rioli's contract, use that and we might not have to give up 22, or use a later pick etc
If we paid his contract for two years they would give us the second pick because then they could load up on a FA and front end their contract.

We lose D. Rioli and Liam Baker. Lot of talent there too but I see what you're saying. Or are we better off cutting Bolton loose (hell of a lot of talent there!) and keeping Rioli and Baker and getting a similar deal ?

Or keep all three, lose Graham to FA and just use the late pics to fatten our hand ?

#2 - Richmond
#8 - Gold Coast
#10 - Brisbane or #15 - Carlton
#22 - Richmond
#30ish - Richmond

This is a deep draft. Imagine keeping all our A grade talent and having 2 top 10 picks a pick between 10&15 say and another two inside about 30 !

Hmmm
I’m still hopeful Bakes will stay

I’m still hopeful Bakes will stay
Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being talked about over here in Perth that the Eagles have met with both Baker and Bolton.. apparently pretty confident about getting Baker. I hope not. Would love him to be our next captain.

Some dude on you tube did a top 30 draft
Richmond 2,-- Jagger Smith
Richmond pick 9[ we traded with Suns)
Sam lalor
Pick 25- Toby trevaglia
Ditch Jagga for whoever was left out of FOS or Smillie and throw a partyyyy

Some dude on you tube did a top 30 draft
Richmond 2,-- Jagger Smith
Richmond pick 9[ we traded with Suns)
Sam lalor
Pick 25- Toby trevaglia
Lalor won't be there at 9, we really should have more than 3 in the top 25 and can't see us repeating the mistakes of '21 and not taking a kpf at some point with those early picks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back