List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why drafting talls can absolutely reek

In recruiting circles he always had this in his CV.

Nothing wrong with drafting talls, the age old trick is pick one with competitiveness built in naturally.

There’s four or five in this draft within the first two rounds that fit my mold.

We should ask the eagles for two second round picks for baker. If that’s say 22 this year and 24 next year that’s a good result.
think we all want a better offer..
but the reality might be this could well be it from the eagles
*understand few highly value Baker and would scoff at that offer- but I would accept ( if baker agrees to depart)

think we all want a better offer..
but the reality might be this could well be it from the eagles
*understand few highly value Baker and would scoff at that offer- but I would accept ( if baker agrees to depart)
Would upset quite a few. Would upset Eagles fans too

Bit of a small trade update from Tiger71 on the Tigercast tonight.
  • Maintains Dusty will either stay or retire and believes Ox was outright lying or just regurgitating what other journalists have said.
  • Still believes Baker will stay even though the popular belief is that he will leave. He even double checked with his sauce and they are still firm that he will stay unless something changes. The reason he hasn't signed yet is because we typically do a lot of our big business toward the end of the year.
  • The need for key forward depth is evident and we are looking into it.
  • (Personally hate this one) Graham might stay, was previously sure he was going but thinks Yze is trying to convince him to stay.
  • Bolton and Rioli staying
  • Here's the big one... I don't want to put words in his mouth but by the way he worded it, it sounds like we have more than a base level interest in LDU.
In my opinion, I'm excited by the LDU talk because he is the type of midfielder we are lacking. Big bodied and dynamic.

• Maintains Dusty will either stay or retire and believes Ox was outright lying or just regurgitating what other journalists have said.
  • Still believes Baker will stay even though the popular belief is that he will leave. He even double checked with his sauce and they are still firm that he will stay unless something changes. The reason he hasn't signed yet is because we typically do a lot of our big business toward the end of the year.
  • (Personally hate this one) Graham might stay, was previously sure he was going but thinks Yze is trying to convince him to stay.
  • Here's the big one... I don't want to put words in his mouth but by the way he worded it, it sounds like we have more than a base level interest in LDU.
In my opinion, I'm excited by the LDU talk because he is the type of midfielder we are lacking. Big bodied and dynamic.
Love Tiger71

Can you imagine in a year we can absolutely set the list up for the next generation of success, we are wanting to keep everyone?

Club is cooked if any of that happens.

absolutely over cooked
trying to convince Graham to stay - God help us all....
Bolton/baker all staying - please tige's don't miss this opportunity to move players on.
Club will also trade down our pick 1 with Freo for their first 2 first rounders to get Lalor and that young forward twin kpp.

🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Tiger71

Can you imagine in a year we can absolutely set the list up for the next generation of success, we are wanting to keep everyone?
Club is cooked if any of that happens.
absolutely over cooked
trying to convince Graham to stay - God help us all....
Bolton/baker all staying - please tige's don't miss this opportunity to move players on.
I agree with the prevailing sentiment. I've always maintained that Baker must be traded. Right now is the peak of his value with the added bonus of two clubs likely going to be in a bidding war.

I agree with the prevailing sentiment. I've always maintained that Baker must be traded. Right now is the peak of his value with the added bonus of two clubs likely going to be in a bidding war.
There is no bidding war !
Both teams have made him an offer and he will most likely select the eagles
There is only 1 team we will be dealing with and need to make the most of the trade

Matty Clarke will have to cough up

We also have to make up for that future first we gave up for Hopper. We could have had Curtin or Caddy. It's quite the miss hit, so this year's trade outs have to compensate for that bad decision.

That’s not how it works … you can’t select whomever looks like the best forward in the draft and assume we would’ve picked them. Remember, Geelong had the pick and traded it to the Bombers … who selected Caddy. This is despite having Tomhawk almost cooked and Jezza 30+.

So not sure why Cats didn’t rate Caddy. Maybe we didn’t rate him either. We will
never know who we would’ve picked, so don’t lose sleep over us not selecting a random player we didn’t have a pick to select them with.

A great team comprises 25+ great selections over a 6-8 year period from the national draft, rookie draft, MSD, PSD, trades and free agency …. don’t lose sleep over a few picks here or there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

after that GC game i reckon Dimma will want some leadership at HB to push players forward. Dimma needed to go down himself and do it.

Expect an offer for D Rioli

GC are #18 for winning contested ball in the forward 50 … Dusty is one of the greatest the game has ever seen at doing this. He’s past his best, but hearing this stat makes me realise he’d definitely be attractive to them. IMO Rioli and Martin make GC an immediate top-4 team, and Dimma will pay big chips to take the next step.

It’s really hard to see LDU leaving North just when they are finally likely to head north up the ladder and Tigers may be in a rebuild … unless he’s desperate for big crowds. He got there in 2018… really hard to see him going.

It’s not a bidding war where we get the best picks. Baker will choose his club and that club will get the deal done.

If he’s traded it’ll be pick 12-16. Could be Corey Ellis, Ben Lennon, Lachie O’Brien or some other useless spud. Could also be Cripps or Butters. So don’t think for a second not trading one of our best players who is only 26yo is somehow gonna be some form of major problem for our future.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again … there’s a reason teams don’t proactively trade out quality players…. ever.

Here’s why …. look at the percentage of players that reach each game milestone:

50-games: 31%. Yes, less than one in three players get to 50.

100: 18%

150: 9.1%

200: 4.5%

250: 1.9%

300: 0.67%

The average number of games played by a draftee from 11-20 is 118. The average number of Brownlow votes is 16.6.

For picks 11-20, only 38% play 140+ games. 47% do NOT get to 80-games. The average number of years taken to reach 50-games is 5-years.

Average number of picks needed between 11-20 to get an AA player is 5.7.

Average number of picks between 11-20 to get someone who plays under 10-games is 6.3.

So with a pick between 11-20 for Baker we are about the same odds of getting a sub 10-game player as we are someone who makes an AA team in their career. In average, we’d need 6 x picks between 11-20 to get 1 x AA player.

This is why quality players are not proactively traded out.

Now I’m of the opinion losing Baker for a quality pick is not a bad result. And retaining him is not a bad result either. But I’m more supportive of trading Rioli (if he wants to leave) who’s 15-months older, and someone we’d be more likely to get big overs in a trade as he’s contracted and GC have huge draft assets. For Baker we will get relative market value.

Last edited:
It’s not a bidding war where we get the best picks. Baker will choose his club and that club will get the deal done.

If he’s traded it’ll be pick 12-16. Could be Corey Ellis, Ben Lennon, Lachie O’Brien or some other useless spud. Could also be Cripps or Butters. So don’t think for a second not trading one of our best players who is only 26yo is somehow gonna be some form of major problem for our future.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again … there’s a reason teams don’t proactively trade out quality players…. ever.

Here’s why …. look at the percentage of players that reach each game milestone:

50-games: 31%. Yes, less than one in three players get to 50.

100: 18%

150: 9.1%

200: 4.5%

250: 1.9%

300: 0.67%

The average number of games played by a draftee from 11-20 is 118. The average number of Brownlow votes is 16.6.

For picks 11-20, only 38% play 140+ games. 47% do NOT get to 80-games. The average number of years taken to reach 50-games is 5-years.

Average number of picks needed between 11-20 to get an AA player is 5.7.

Average number of picks between 11-20 to get someone who plays under 10-games is 6.3.

So with a pick between 11-20 for Baker we are about the same odds of getting a sub 10-game player as we are someone who makes an AA team in their career. In average, we’d need 6 x picks between 11-20 to get 1 x AA player.

This is why quality players are not proactively traded out.

Now I’m of the opinion losing Baker for a quality pick is not a bad result. And retaining him is not a bad result either. But I’m more supportive of trading Rioli (if he wants to leave) who’s 15-months older, and someone we’d be more likely to get big overs in a trade as he’s contracted and GC have huge draft assets. For Baker we will get relative market value.

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

What a disgrace. We need to trade out all of them.

Will ‘star’ this and come back to it at the end of the trade period. I have a feeling there will be a few crosses next to it

The LDU chat is laughable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back