List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the idea of signing up/keeping some of the players a few seem quite keen to move on.

A core list of players with 100+ games under their belts is a solid foundationto build around over the next couple of years while we bring through the next generation without having to throw them to the wolves.

Martin*
Lynch
Broad
Vlastuin
Nankervis
Short
Hopper
D. Rioli
Baker
Taranto
Graham
Bolton
Balta

The above 13 contains 11 premiership winners and 2 who have played in Grand Finals as well.

Then you have the following group who are either starting establish themselves or are on the fringes waiting for their shot.

Ross
Koschitzke
Mansell
Ralphsmith
Miller
M. Rioli
Sonsie
Gibcus
Ryan
Clarke
Brown
Campbell
Banks
Lefau
McAuliffe
Bauer
Blight
Trezise
Smith
Fawcett
Gray
Hayes-Brown

That's 35 players I'd be happy to have on our list heading into 2025. A solid mix of experienced leadership and exciting young talent with an injection of quality kids to come in the draft.

For those wondering that would mean the changes at seasons end would be:

Grimes
Pickett
Naismith
Prestia
McIntosh
Young
Colina
Cumberland
Coulthard
Dow
Green

Still blowing up the list so to speak but we're doing so by moving on those at the end of their careers and those that haven't shown they are good enough to be part of our next era of success.

I don't mind the idea of signing up/keeping some of the players a few seem quite keen to move on.

A core list of players with 100+ games under their belts is a solid foundationto build around over the next couple of years while we bring through the next generation without having to throw them to the wolves.

Martin*
Lynch
Broad
Vlastuin
Nankervis
Short
Hopper
D. Rioli
Baker
Taranto
Graham
Bolton
Balta

The above 13 contains 11 premiership winners and 2 who have played in Grand Finals as well.

Then you have the following group who are either starting establish themselves or are on the fringes waiting for their shot.

Ross
Koschitzke
Mansell
Ralphsmith
Miller
M. Rioli
Sonsie
Gibcus
Ryan
Clarke
Brown
Campbell
Banks
Lefau
McAuliffe
Bauer
Blight
Trezise
Smith
Fawcett
Gray
Hayes-Brown

That's 35 players I'd be happy to have on our list heading into 2025. A solid mix of experienced leadership and exciting young talent with an injection of quality kids to come in the draft.

Grimes
Pickett
Naismith
Prestia
McIntosh
Young
Colina
Cumberland
Coulthard
Dow
Green

Still blowing up the list so to speak but we're doing so by moving on those at the end of their careers and those that haven't shown they are good enough to be part of our next era of success.
Given it is a good draft if we could get extra top 20 picks I'd be all for it. It would be like having 2 or 3 draft years in one which should speed up our way up

What I would do, I said it three months ago and got laughed at here.

Delistings
Dow
Sonsie
Colina
Cumberland

Retirements
Grimes (backline developmental coach?)
McIntosh

Trading
2024 - Baker to Freo for 11,13,16 (two of them)
2024 - Graham for a can of coca cola
2024 - Rioli for picks 8, 9 and 20. We give them let's say we get 13 from Freo, we give them 13 and 21.

Retain Bolton for one more year, trade end of 2025 if still discontent.

Draft
Pick 1, 8, 9, 20 and hopefully move up the Draft order with 36,39,41 etc and Nab another and rounded.

Our Team looking like this by mid point next year,

B: Vlastuin, Miller, Blight
HB: McAullife, Gibcus, Brown
C: Banks, Taranto, Ralphsmith
HF: Bolton, Lynch, Rioli Jnr
F: Dusty, Balta, Lefau (when he returns)
RR: Nank, Hopper, Pick 1 (Lalor)
IC/ Kozi, Broad, Prestia, Ross, Ryan (if we move to 5 and no sub)

Depth
Short
Pickett (get him to 100 games)

Prestia to have a part time season to help develop young kids and transition to coaching

B: Vlastuin, Miller, Blight
HB: McAullife, Gibcus, Brown
C: Banks, Taranto, Ralphsmith
HF: Bolton, Lynch, Rioli Jnr
F: Dusty, Balta, Lefau (when he returns)
RR: Nank, Hopper, Pick 1 (Lalor)
IC/ Kozi, Broad, Prestia, Ross, Ryan (if we move to 5 and no sub)
This team isn't helping your case in people laughing at you.

Given it is a good draft if we could get extra top 20 picks I'd be all for it. It would be like having 2 or 3 draft years in one which should speed up our way up
That's my feeling, its how you fast track a rebuild.

IMO we can get to more picks in the first 2 rounds without being reckless and putting ourselves in a worse position than what we've seen this year, when we had a lot of experience sitting in the stands.

Will ‘star’ this and come back to it at the end of the trade period. I have a feeling there will be a few crosses next to it

The LDU chat is laughable.
god help us if just half comes true...
it really is going to come down to how the club view's our list and where they view us going in the coming years
we truly have a golden opportunity to move some players on
what the club decides to do can mark a new era or see us swimming in darkness for years to come
please see the light and invest heavily in the next 3 years of the draft .. trade hard/ draft heavier!

it really is going to come down to how the club view's our list and where they view us going in the coming years
what the club decides to do can mark a new era or see us swimming in darkness for years to come
please see the light and invest heavily in the next 3 years of the draft .. trade hard/ draft heavier!
if LDU was a FA, hell yes, go hard, but he would cost plenty in a trade.

We don't need 15-20 new 18yo's over the next 2-3 drafts. We need some future stars, especially dynamic midfielders amongst about 10-12 18yo's brought in over that period.

We don't need 15-20 new 18yo's over the next 2-3 drafts. We need some future stars, especially dynamic midfielders amongst about 10-12 18yo's brought in over that period.
i'm all for setting the list alight and basically starting over
if that means 15-20 new kids into the club over the next 3 years, so be it
because of our success, we have not been to the well of the draft for many years now and it shows on our list
were trash and need to turn over

You know this is our actual list yeah? Lol I didn't trade for Harley Reid or LDU. This is just who we got
Yeah but you have an inside midfielder as a half back with no running Half Back player at all.

No proper small defenders so any small forward is absolutely going to carve us up.

You have 4 talls running through the forward line (excluding Ryan)

Prestia still being in the team is wild. Would be better to fast track draftees and maybe put Sonsie in the rotations.

Dusty still in the side is a hindrance for our long term goals unless he can start to show some more. He has to play better than the sum of playing and developing a kid.

I understand it is trying to polish a turd but this team would have us investigated for match fixing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin*
Lynch
Broad
Vlastuin
Nankervis
Short
Hopper
D. Rioli
Baker
Taranto
Graham
Bolton
Balta

Ross
Koschitzke
Mansell
Ralphsmith
Miller
M. Rioli
Sonsie
Gibcus
Ryan
Clarke
Brown
Campbell
Banks
Lefau
McAuliffe
Bauer
Blight
Trezise
Smith
Fawcett
Gray
Hayes-Brown

Grimes
Pickett
Naismith
Prestia
McIntosh
Young
Colina
Cumberland
Coulthard
Dow
Green

I don't mind this.
But Tyler Young is still contracted, so would need to stay on the list unless traded?
Colina is a cat B,
Coulthard is a rookie,
So this frees up 8 primary list spots and 1 rookie spot - but our 2 MSD picks make 2 extra rookies.
Are we allowed 7 rookies + 1 Cat B ? If needs to be less, Bauer, Blight (I'm that confident in him), Trezise or Campbell upgraded to main list.
Seven spots in the national draft. Currently 7 picks in top 60, roughly:
If other clubs aren't cutting their lists as deeply as us, by taking a lot of picks to the draft it gives us better value in pick trading on the night.

My concern is that the club believes the injuries are the reason we're on the bottom and not the poor shape of the list.

I hope any attempts to bring in LDU are as a FA next year. Giving up picks to get him in early can only hurt our rebuild.
If we trade for LDU we will be in the wilderness until the current regime that think the list is good enough to top up is gone ☹️

In terms of trades I reckon one way or another our hand will be forced anyway. If we have guys who want out/want a fresh start/want to go home then we'll help facilitate that (as long as we get a fair price in return), but I don't think we'd be actively shopping the likes of Baker, Bolton and Rioli without them saying they'd like to go elsewhere.

If I was to guess, I'd say Baker will be the only guy who will go.

When do we think we'll start to get some confirmation on the status of Dusty, Baker, Rioli, Bolton etc?

Surely Dusty will have to announce shortly? If it's going to be a farewell from Richmond of any kind it would be good for the supporters to know so they can get along to watch his last handful of games (although everyone should be doing that anyway if they can)

think we all want a better offer..
but the reality might be this could well be it from the eagles
*understand few highly value Baker and would scoff at that offer- but I would accept ( if baker agrees to depart)
It depends on what kind of contract they offer him. If they offer him something like 5x$700k then they can't really turn around and say we don't value him as a first rounder.

Hey Tiges,

Just for what it's worth, ITK mail on the North Melb side of things is that LDU will be staying at North.

Media starting to also report he's likely staying.

Cheers mates :thumbsu:

1720397106197.png

Hey Tiges,

Just for what it's worth, ITK mail on the North Melb side of things is that LDU will be staying at North.

Media starting to also report he's likely staying.

Cheers mates :thumbsu:

View attachment 2042327
Thank god. Not that he's not a gun but we shouldn't be chasing contracted guns at this stage.

Also you'd have to question his brain if he chose to leave North now for us after already doing the hard yards 😂😂

Thank god. Not that he's not a gun but we shouldn't be chasing contracted guns at this stage.

Also you'd have to question his brain if he chose to leave North now for us after already doing the hard yards 😂😂

The other thing is that if LDU was going to leave and be traded, North wouldn't want draft picks in return. We'd want young gun players.

The other thing is that if LDU was going to leave and be traded, North wouldn't want draft picks in return. We'd want young gun players.
You can have all our young gun players. Deal.

Only condition is you gotta find them 😂😂

waldo GIF

Now that's more likely Gold Coast will finish lower than Brisbane and Carlton, what would it take for us to get our hands on one of their first rounders?
If Lombard went pick 5 for example, what would the benefit be for Gold Coast to trade out one of their high picks from a points perspective?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back