List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker is playing with a mode of protection to the body.
Can't blame him and it is in the best interests of himself, the upcoming trade period and richmond.
So is Short
But he’s just a little bitch

Wish he was being traded too, couldn’t have been poorer with his performance and his leadership

Mitch Cleary reckons JGTI is worth $650-700k per year as a free agent and that Eagles have some interest.

That'd probably get us a band 3 compo.
That would be up there with one of the dumbest list management decisions. Saints like. Go Matty Clarke we love you long time broooo

Mitch Cleary reckons JGTI is worth $650-700k per year as a free agent and that Eagles have some interest.

That'd probably get us a band 3 compo.
Surely they can bump it up to a cheeky 800

The age group I'm talking about is the foundation of the side that provides the leadership and experience as we bring the younger players through.

We wouldn't necessarily be playing them all in the senior side but would have them spread across both sides. It helps avoid us ending up like North.
Ahhhh, If that is the case then yeah it would be good to have that 24 - 28 core to build the younger players around. The problem I see is that we don't want to have that core be too large and filled with inexperience (which can be argued it is currently). I would also want to fill that core with solid citizens as well. Maybe older players who may not be world beaters on the field but drive standards off the field. Still think that the recruitment of Ben Cousins was fantastic for this because you can say what you will about his adventures away from the club, that dude always was jacked and on field provided a lot of coaching and guidance to our young brigade.

With our list culls I really think that we should be looking at the players that are in the 21 - 24 bracket and that have less than 50 games and really make that determination on their ability. Real "gun to your head and your family" type thinking in the process as well.

christ..if a player of Graham's ilk can have a value of that $..
whole world is turned up side down.
Band 3 compo= all good..please make this happen
Remember 600 - 750 is essentially the old 500 to 600 contracts. Also clubs pay extra because of the no need to waste draft picks.

Remember 600 - 750 is essentially the old 500 to 600 contracts. Also clubs pay extra because of the no need to waste draft picks.
Anything involving actual money is too much for Jack these days. WC are insane but great for us

That would be up there with one of the dumbest list management decisions. Saints like. Go Matty Clarke we love you long time broooo
Let Him Cook.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images

"No-one left , no-one wanted trade in their late picks, they got one good player who was poached by Tasmania two years later and the club was eventually relocated to Darwin some years after that, their dynasty but a distant and faded memory..."
we laugh but imagine if this transpires. we've all locked in an imaginary draft haul of top end talent. kick starts the rebuild and we bounce back that much faster but all it takes is for oppo clubs to cool on our players and to **** us over with those late picks we horded and we're st kilda, stuck in shitsville.

Warner would cost them their 3 x 2023 rd 1 picks at least and a near $1.5m contract.

Bolton might cost similar or a bit more in picks, but we would likely pay half his salary for 4 years, so they are something like $8-900k better off for cap space by getting Bolton compared to Warner.

Bolton is a classic flag play for them. If they get Warner they lose all the key picks anyway and players start getting squeezed out before they have even won anything.
WTF would we pay half of Bolton's salary? To do that I'd want a top-3 pick, their first next year and a second-rounder. In fact, that's what I'd want for him anyway. They want him, they can pay him, and pay for him.

We should keep him anyway.

• Bolton + Baker + 21 to Fremantle in exchange for picks 9, 13 and 15.
Jesus Christ. That is awful.

I really hope we can turn our later draft picks into something good. We can maybe even turn our 2nd round pick into future 2nd and 3rds for next year.

WTF would we pay half of Bolton's salary? To do that I'd want a top-3 pick, their first next year and a second-rounder. In fact, that's what I'd want for him anyway. They want him, they can pay him, and pay for him.

We should keep him anyway.

It is all explained earlier in the discussion.

If we are trading these well paid guys out, then obviously it leaves us with a pile of cap space. It makes perfect sense to me to use part of that cap space to get extra value in picks.

Nobody is going to moan about Bolton staying at the club on his current deal. He is worth that and more. But if you get an offer you can't refuse, take it. And if we were offered 7 & 14 for Bolton in a straight swap, but 7, 10 & 14 if we pay some salary, then pay the salary, take the extra pick. At the point we are releasing our best, most valuable and highest paid player then we are rebuilding. So you find every way you can within reason to get picks. Especially when there seems to be a draft full of talent throughout the first round and beyond. Cats paid about $1.6m in salary to get pick 7. So even $400k of Bolton's salary for 4 years should get us an extra pick. And it helps Fremantle. Which hinders any of our main rivals who may be contending.

So if we are going that way, I am all for it. But of course you are not doing anything without getting good value in return, especially when we have the whip hand.

I really hope we can turn our later draft picks into something good. We can maybe even turn our 2nd round pick into future 2nd and 3rds for next year.
I reckon our 2nd if it's first pick of night 2 will become a F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back