List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope
Need quality and leadership to help develop the next wave elite talent or not

Look what happened to Trengrove and Scully at Melbourne when they got thrown to the wolves
Two extremely talented players had their careers ruined and it set Melbourne back 10 years

When we had a young Cotch, Lids and Dusty we had the likes of Tuck, Newman, Cogs ect protecting them until they were ready to physically take ownership of the midfield
we have other players for that or are they invisible?

Scully was overrated and Trengrove got injuried. Scully had all the talent in the world around him at GWS, he just was not as good as Dusty

we have other players for that or are they invisible?

Scully was overrated and Trengrove got injuried. Scully had all the talent in the world around him at GWS, he just was not as good as Dusty
Its about maturity and leadership who are these other players you are alluding to that will protect and guide?

Ross who is only starting to get a run in the midfield, Dow who still hasn’t entrenched himself in the 22 or 1st year Kmac2?

Its about maturity and leadership who are these other players you are alluding to that will protect and guide?

Ross who is only starting to get a run in the midfield, Dow who still hasn’t entrenched himself in the 22 or 1st year Kmac2?
kmac, Graham, Short, Vlastuin, Bolton and plenty of others. In a year or two they can look after themselves. They are not babies ffs. Look at Dusty, played day one did he not? Even a younger Brown and others can help them, they are not 12 year olds

kmac, Graham, Short, Vlastuin, Bolton and plenty of others. In a year or two they can look after themselves. They are not babies ffs. Look at Dusty, played day one did he not? Even a younger Brown and others can help them, they are not 12 year olds
The discussion is about the midfield and you only listed one player who plays full time mid in Graham

Dusty didn’t play substantial midfield minutes until like 2015

so what?? I said there are others.

What are you afraid of? Getting relegated??
No, exposing players that aren’t ready to playing full rotations in an AFL midfield before they are ready and without adequate support around them

Even the top ranked midfielders of the last few drafts didn’t play playing full time midfield minutes until about the 3rd year they had been in the system

JHF, Daicos, B Smith and even Ried barely entered the midfield for their first few years

It wasn’t even a mistake the expansion clubs made when they first entered the comp recruiting guys like Ward, Ablett, Cornes, Brown and Matera

No, exposing players that aren’t ready to playing full rotations in an AFL midfield before they are ready and without adequate support around them

Even the top ranked midfielders of the last few drafts didn’t play playing full time midfield minutes until about the 3rd year they had been in the system

JHF, Daicos, B Smith and even Ried barely entered the midfield for their first few years

It wasn’t even a mistake the expansion clubs made when they first entered the comp recruiting guys like Ward, Ablett, Cornes, Brown and Matera
they do not have to play full minutes, they can rotate, and others chip in

Are you afraid of RFC being a successful club?? Do you want RFC to wait another 30 years plus??

We have Dow, Ross and plenty of others that can help

Do you sleep with the light on?

Are you afraid of RFC being a successful club?? Do you want RFC to wait another 30 years plus??

Hopper & Taranto are precisely the types that are perfect to help because they have experience and leadership quality’s that guys like Ross and Dow don’t have

It’s the whole point of this initial conversation

Might want to ease on the rhetorical questions that have nothing to do with the discussion as well

I REALLY think we should move on Short. We just don't need him and he would get a decent pick or player from a side contending. We don't even get worse by letting him go, he's really just an icing on the cake type player.

If we can get a good draft pick OR a young fringe midfielder (think a Jye Caldwell type, young gun mid who can't get a game behind others at a top club), we should do it.

I REALLY think we should move on Short. We just don't need him and he would get a decent pick or player from a side contending. We don't even get worse by letting him go, he's really just an icing on the cake type player.

If we can get a good draft pick OR a young fringe midfielder (think a Jye Caldwell type, young gun mid who can't get a game behind others at a top club), we should do it.

The more the year goes on the more I feel Yze isn't the right guy. I was hoping he was when he took all our premiership photos from the walls, but he is trying to win games we really shouldnt even be bothered about now. It's the perfect time now to experiment, pump games into our younger guys. Cotton wool those who remain in our plans for next year but have had injury riddled season.

Can't help but feel the club is still clinging to our recent past and thinks the list is good enough. Wondering if that's the reason Newman wasn't picked as coach, he told the club we needed to follow Hawthorn's path and we didn't like to hear that. Probably why Newman decided to hang around, knew in a few years Yze will fall on his sword.

Totally agree, I said it last year and some agreed and some shot me down, in fact I might have even said it after the 2022 season when Rioli had been moved to half back because to me that is also where baker played his best footy so Short gave us capital to get a first round pick in. Trouble is now short has been exposed a bit in a poor side he really doesn’t have the same value. Maybe the gold coast is a good fit if Rioli has no interest in going there. I actually think he would also be a pretty good fit at Collingwood.

Hopper & Taranto are precisely the types that are perfect to help because they have experience and leadership quality’s that guys like Ross and Dow don’t have

It’s the whole point of this initial conversation

Might want to ease on the rhetorical questions that have nothing to do with the discussion as well

TT and Hopper aren’t 30yo and 31yo already.

If we draft well then when our new draftees are into their 3rd year and dominating, TT
and Hopper will be 29yo and 30yo and hopefully part of a dominant midfield and flag push.

Midfield from 2027:

New draftee in 3rd season
New draftee in 3rd season
New draftee in 2nd season (from 2025 draft)
McAuliffe in 4th season
Bolton at 28yo
Ross at 26yo
TT at 29yo
Hopper at 30yo

Then who knows in relation to Sonsie etc….

Most midfielders are at their peak from 25-32yo. There’s no reason TT and Hopper can’t be really important parts of our midfield for another 6-7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope
Need quality and leadership to help develop the next wave elite talent or not

Look what happened to Trengrove and Scully at Melbourne when they got thrown to the wolves
Two extremely talented players had their careers ruined and it set Melbourne back 10 years

When we had a young Cotch, Lids and Dusty we had the likes of Tuck, Newman, Cogs ect protecting them until they were ready to physically take ownership of the midfield
Will keep banging my GWS drum.

You are bang on. Quality and leadership like Ward, Davis, C.Kornes, Brogan, Power and McDonald. To put this list into perspective, they had 4 players who were captains or would become captains. Kornes, Power, Brogan and McDonald also all became coaches.

Sure Ward and Davis were 22 and 21 respectfully (Ward with 60 games experience and Davis with 18) but they showed leadership.

Will keep banging my GWS drum.

You are bang on. Quality and leadership like Ward, Davis, C.Kornes, Brogan, Power and McDonald. To put this list into perspective, they had 4 players who were captains or would become captains. Kornes, Power, Brogan and McDonald also all became coaches.

Sure Ward and Davis were 22 and 21 respectfully (Ward with 60 games experience and Davis with 18) but they showed leadership.
And Gold Coast took Ablett, who couldn't lead a bear to shit in the water, and Campbell Brown, a Grade-A goose.

Fluck me, why do I keep coming into these threads and reading this shite.
What's wrong with me!!!!!!
you-got.gif

This is all of us. Season is shot so the only things worth discussing are who to trade out for picks and who were going to get with those picks

That 70S Show Burn GIF by PeacockTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back