List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
louie getting replaced by the entire aerobics oz style cast from the 90s

this is going to be mint
remember effie she had no idea what she was doing but she filled out her 1 piece very nicely

At this stage I'd be doing the following -

Delist - Colina, Martin, Grimes, Naismith, McIntosh, Coulthard, Cumberland
Trade, F/A - Graham + one of Rioli and Baker
1-year deals for Prestia, Pickett, Gray, OHB, Blight, Dow, Green. Multi-year deals for the rest.
Agree. Think it will be Baker.

Rioli on top of Baker leaves us with too many picks this year imo. We'd need to push some of the 2nd rounders into next year (F1 picks) which is great for our long term rebuild and whilst we'd have some slightly better picks this year it would be a bitter pill to swallow losing Rioli and waiting a year for the picks to come through. Can't see the club doing that.

Agree. Think it will be Baker.

Rioli on top of Baker leaves us with too many picks this year imo. We'd need to push some of the 2nd rounders into next year (F1 picks) which is great for our long term rebuild and whilst we'd have some slightly better picks this year it would be a bitter pill to swallow losing Rioli and waiting a year for the picks to come through. Can't see the club doing that.
Me too, but I'd prefer it was Rioli. If both leave then yeah I agree, we'll move a couple into next year.

Why do you prefer Rioli? Currency or playing reasons?
Currency mostly, Suns will pay overs.

I like Dan, but he does play the easiest position on the field. If he left I'd just move Bakes back to half back. Baker obviously doesn't provide the run and carry to the level that Dan does, but he is elite for ground balls, leadership, all round tenacity and superior accountability. Kaleb Smith looks like a ready to go natural replacement too.

Currency mostly, Suns will pay overs.

I like Dan, but he does play the easiest position on the field. If he left I'd just move Bakes back to half back. Baker obviously doesn't provide the run and carry to the level that Dan does, but he is elite for ground balls, leadership, all round tenacity and superior accountability. Kaleb Smith looks like a ready to go natural replacement too.
Hopefully Smith shows enough to make us think he's a long term prospect between now and the end of season.

Williams is a dud

wouldn't trade any pick for him

Not a useful foward and a 3rd string ruck at best
IMG_3339.jpeg

Wonder if this guy would be a handy Naismith replacement? Looked decent at the Giants but battled for opportunity.

Wasn’t up against top ruck opposition on the weekend but that is a very big game. Shows huge appetite.
louie getting replaced by the entire aerobics oz style cast from the 90s

this is going to be mint

Yes, our 2025 plans in disarray due to an unfortunate loss.

IMG_3338.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1-year deals for Prestia, Pickett, Gray, OHB, Blight, Dow, Green. Multi-year deals for the rest.
Delist - Colina, Martin, Grimes, Naismith, McIntosh, Pickett, Cumberland, Dow and Prestia (appoint as a assistant coach if he wants it)

Trade, F/A - Graham + Baker
1-year deals for Coulthard, Gray, OHB, Blight, Green. Multi-year deals for the rest.

We are similar, but also quite different. I like the way Hawthorn have done it, so the changes I've made are more geared in that direction.

Prestia I think wins people over very quickly after they see how much better he makes our midfield. I get it, but we will likely be drafting in 2+ very good kids. I don't trust Prestia's body either.
Dow won't get games next year ahead of the kids we draft so I'm happy to let him go.
Pickett will be 33 by round 1 and is currently stuck on 90 games. I don't think we are in a position to offer a one year contract to a 33 year old in the hope they will scrape together enough games to reach 100 because his kids are looking like they might be good footballers.

Last edited:
Delist - Colina, Martin, Grimes, Naismith, McIntosh, Pickett, Cumberland, Dow and Prestia (appoint as a assistant coach if he wants it)

Trade, F/A - Graham + Baker
1-year deals for Coulthard, Gray, OHB, Blight, Green. Multi-year deals for the rest.

We are similar, but also quite different. I like the way Hawthorn have done it, so the changes I've made are more geared in that direction.

Prestia I think wins people over very quickly after they see how much better he makes our midfield. I get it, but we will likely be drafting in 2+ very good kids. I don't trust Prestia's body either.
Dow won't get games next year ahead of the kids we draft so I'm happy to let him go.
Pickett will be 33 by round 1 and is currently stuck on 90 games. I don't think we are in a position to offer a one year contract to a 33 year old in the hope they will scrape together enough games to reach 100 because his kids are looking like they might be good footballers.
We're not going to delist/trade 11 players in one go. It's too much.

We're not going to delist/trade 11 players in one go. It's too much.

Agree from that list I'd say we only delist 5 players

Most likely - Grimes, Naismith, Cumberland, Coulthard & Colina (his spot doesn't really count though) so maybe 1 more delisting/traded out.

Players like McIntosh, Pickett & Prestia will be given another 12 months.

Agree from that list I'd say we only delist 5 players

Most likely - Grimes, Naismith, Cumberland, Coulthard & Colina (his spot doesn't really count though) so maybe 1 more delisting/traded out.

Players like McIntosh, Pickett & Prestia will be given another 12 months.
I'll be seriously disappointed if we keep both McIntosh and Pickett around. One or the other IMO and I'd be holding onto Pickett.

I have a list...
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

I'll be seriously disappointed if we keep both McIntosh and Pickett around. One or the other IMO and I'd be holding onto Pickett.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I have them down as well, but I just can't see the club delisting them before others. Especially if Grimes retires, Dusty does leave and Baker heads home.

Long term deals as in at least 2y
Green
Blight
Gray

Expecting 7 list changes which would be 9 cuts.

5 ND, 1 trade/psd and 1 rook. We have to cull 2 extra to free up spots for Blight and Gray.

Haven't given much thought to who would be cut. I'd imagine it will start with Dusty, Grimes, one of the old ass wings, Naismith, Baker, Graham, Coulthard, Colina (unsure if he counts), Cumberland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back