List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm not necessarily saying that Tsatas and Phillips are the ones we should be going after, more just an observation that some folk on here seem to think it's either chase a top 10 player in the league or an upcoming one (Harley Reid for example), or no one at all.

Whether Hollands had a drug problem or not, it annoys me that other teams seem to do really favourable deals for themselves where as we never really seem to.

We got a net result of 2 x 2nd rounders for Soldo who isn’t a walk up start best-23, even at Port. We did ok there. We also got pick-21 for CCJ (with Tarrant and some other swaps) … we did ok there as well. Nank for 46. Caddy for 24 and a swap of 55 and 64 (we got Graham with 55, who may turn into pick 22:). Ty Vickery for a compo pick that got Shai Bolton. Deleido as a cooked 30yo we got a first and 3rd rounder. Lynch as a FA so got him for nothing.

We’ve done ok, but probably won’t pull off too many exciting trades until we are headed north on the ladder.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wonder if this creates a path for Baker to join the Eagles.

Word at West Coast is that Tom wants more money and another 2 years. His contract is modest and he could probably get another $200k pa given the premium on KPD and the fact his LT contract was signed with the Covid cuts still fresh and prior to the new CBA. West Coast typically do not include CBA % increases in the individual players contracts.

I am led to believe we want another pick around 10 -14 which Dogs and Hawks leading the race. That would be the Cats pick that they are likely to hand over to the Dogs for Smith and the Hawks R1.

In terms of Baker, the word is he wants to play for West Coast but we will only offer up a F2 pick or our R2 currently sitting at 22/23 with one of your latter picks around 40 coming back. Fremantle on the other hand see themselves in the now and would give up the lesser of the 3 R1 picks for him.

West Coast needs so much for the future that you are better off dealing with Freo who see themselves as ready to go. Hell, why let Bolton and Baker go to Freo for all 3 of the R1 picks this year. The draft this year is strong in the 10 to 20 mark and 5 picks inside 25 would be a turbo charge for you. The supporters should be comfortable sitting out a mini rebuild given the 3 recent flags.

Yeah but what you'll get for those 2 picks is arguably what you'll get for Baker as a standalone first. You wont get a pick under 10 in this draft for those picks, likely something in the teens which is what baker is worth anyway - so why convolute the process and risk not getting the deal done? Freo already have a pick that will do, i dont believe that its only west coast or bust for Baker. Pick 12-13 is fair

We could play hardball on Baker with WCE, if they dont offer a pick we are happy with sign him on a 1 year deal, they can take him for free next year and we get Band 1 compo which should be a top 3 pick next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back