List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with your value assessments of the 4 bolded, maybe valuing Steele slightly less...dont see you getting a first rounder for him even a late one.

Think he is bang on with Steele if not slightly undervalued as he would be starting 22 anywhwre else. Just that we have a few freaks including Hopper now that are ahead of him

Common misconception is that we are desperate to reduce our list. We are already under the list cap.
Does it not reduce by two, and presumably we have to make room for Academy recruits? I'm all for building what we have, I get attached to our guys but get the club will do whats best for best for the club

O
Does it not reduce by two, and presumably we have to make room for Academy recruits? I'm all for building what we have, I get attached to our guys but get the club will do whats best for best for the club
Our maximum list size allowable reduces by 2 (from 46 in 2016 to 44 in 2017). We are currently under already for 2017 with 43, so conceptually we could even add one next year if we wanted.

O

Our maximum list size allowable reduces by 2 (from 46 in 2016 to 44 in 2017). We are currently under already for 2017 with 43, so conceptually we could even add one next year if we wanted.
Tks I missed our actual current list size as a factor. Guess some loss is inetitable to make room for recruits. Patful some chance and others will seek better opportunities to play AFL I guess. Good news for me, ok guys let's keep em all that want to stay then.

Last edited:
Realistically we may have to factor Reid coming back onto the list again based on his performance this year.

I wouldn't mind that tbh, he is an awesome influence on the younger players, during the NAB cup game in Canberra we sat next the bench and interchange, he was coaching as much as playing, and really seemed to have the young guys respect

Guys can you give me a update on Jarrod Pickett was told a month ago he would likely
ask for trade at end of year to go home to WA, as he wasn't particularly liking sydney and is struggling with his injury at the moment.
Apparantely he is also over weight at the moment because of the foot injury

Wce is desperate for a quality small forward what would Pickett cost ?

The draft this year is interesting as WA have a lot of draftable players this year and a heap of small forwards available.

So iam trying to get a idea would it be worth going for Pickett or drafting a good one this year?

Guys can you give me a update on Jarrod Pickett was told a month ago he would likely
ask for trade at end of year to go home to WA, as he wasn't particularly liking sydney and is struggling with his injury at the moment.

The draft this year is interesting as WA have a lot of draftable players this year and a heap of small forwards available.

So iam trying to get a idea would it be worth going for Pickett or drafting a good one this year?

Want him bundled with Cam McCarthy for two second rounders ?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-hypotheticals-opposition-posters-post-here.1130081/

WCE would probably do that, dont think McCarthy is interested in WCE though.

Iam hoping GWS can convince Pickett to see out his contract.

As the WA talent this year is the best for 10 years , if Pickett nominates it
means we almost have to trade for him this year, would prefer next year to do that.

Also foot injuries can plague a player for there career so would want a good medical done on him.
Thinking Shae Bolton is a very similar player, who I would love to pick up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

means we almost have to trade for him this year, would prefer next year to do that.

Also foot injuries can plague a player for there career so would want a good medical done on him.

Well, then he can sit on the couch for a year - he said he was homesick, so he can play in Perth :)

The proposal of two second rounders is laughable

Haven't heard anything about homesickness. Don't his parents live here now!?

He would have played this year but for injury

Hey guys,

Would the following be a fair trade?

StKilda's 2016 & 2017 1st round selections for Marchbank, Steele & your 2016 1st round + 2017 2nd round pick?

So roughly for you guys:

In:
2016 pick 8 (assuming we finish 11th)
2017 pick 11 (assuming we finish 8th)

Out:
Marchbank
Steele
2016 Pick 16 (assuming you finish about 3rd)
2017 pick 36 (assuming you finish top, because I think you will)

Hey guys,

Would the following be a fair trade?

StKilda's 2016 & 2017 1st round selections for Marchbank, Steele & your 2016 1st round + 2017 2nd round pick?

So roughly for you guys:

In:
2016 pick 8 (assuming we finish 11th)
2017 pick 11 (assuming we finish 8th)

Out:
Marchbank
Steele
2016 Pick 16 (assuming you finish about 3rd)
2017 pick 36 (assuming you finish top, because I think you will)

So Marchbank and Steele for a smallish pick upgrade this year and a slightly larger one next year?

Mmmmmmm......

Nope.

Thanks but no thanks.

I don't know why Steele's name keeps cropping up - guy used to be our mascot before we drafted him (and we might end up with his sister playing here as well - family club)

Ichabod Noodle (currently suspended) wanted me to let you know that he had a nice long chat with Jarrod's dad preseason. Mr Pickett sad he was "loving Sydney and looking forward to learning everything he could from Stevie J"

Obviously this was before the injury, but the whole "doesn't like Sydney" was, according to his Dad, rubbish.

He also has a year on his contract.

I'd bundle McCarthy and Pickett for Nic Nat. Straight swap.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back