List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

McCarthy and a second rounder for pick 18 is still pretty crap.
But what is he worth? Hasnt played in over a year. will get home anyway and freo will 100% low ball them because eventually he will get their. can go to the draft. retire then unretire ect. GWS are not in the spot to demand much and this is the best deal for them as freo won't get or give them a first rounder. Plus they also have a lot of picks to give to get that first round.

There's a dodgy article getting around that has the Saints as front runners for Jack Steele. I'm taking the article with a grain of salt however I'm still keen to ascertain his value according to fans that see him play every week.

Hey just thought id put a basis of a trade in here and see what you guys thought. where it could improve, is it favouring one club, where something could be taken away :)

Freo: McCarthy, Litherland and Hill
Hawks: B. Crouch 2016 and adel 2017 2nd
Gws: Hawks 2016(or)17 first
Adel: Freo 2016 first
The deal is much more reasonable (still unders for sunshine) if the GWS 2nd isn't included. Litherland is just steak knives and is overrated just because he's on an AFL list that has won 3 flags in a row.

But what is he worth? Hasnt played in over a year. will get home anyway and freo will 100% low ball them because eventually he will get their. can go to the draft. retire then unretire ect. GWS are not in the spot to demand much and this is the best deal for them as freo won't get or give them a first rounder. Plus they also have a lot of picks to give to get that first round.

You do realise he is contracted and can't play elsewhere next year unless GWS agree? Gives GWS a fair bit of power in dealings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a dodgy article getting around that has the Saints as front runners for Jack Steele. I'm taking the article with a grain of salt however I'm still keen to ascertain his value according to fans that see him play every week.

IF he wanted out I suspect the Giants would be eying off your 2017 first with either a swap of later picks or maybe a second rounder coming going back to the saints. Late first rounder is about the mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything you say is true. But bear in mind if we dont trade him we have to pay his contract within our cap next year. With no return
Unless Weagles show interest we may have to take a bad deal to end the whole sorry saga.[/QUOTE]

once his contract is up he can just go into the draft...
If he sits out another year, yep. After 2 years out of AFL and not getting any younger that wouldn't work for anyone. Not him, Freo or us because we would have to pay him under our cap next year.
We will trade him but the advantage of other clubs wont be an issue. His best interests and our cap will be.

once his contract is up he can just go into the draft...
... at the end of 2017, is JC100's point. Another year away, sure GWS don't get any return, but his career would probably be shot. Don't reckon he'll be able to just retire and unretire - after Mal Michael pulled that stunt reckon there would be a clause put into any 'retirement' release.

But I don't think it will come to that. The rationale behind GWS refusing to deal last year has changed and something will be worked out. At least one side will be unhappy; hopefully neither side is entirely happy (one thinks they paid too much, the other thinks they received too little). I wouldn't be surprised if the final result is a complex scenario involving picks and/or players and possibly multiple clubs similar to what you've suggested; but I just don't think it will involve Freo giving up their pick (probably #3) entirely.

CARL: 4 + 22 + 40 + 2017 2nd (4100 points)
GWS: Tomlinson, Stewart, Marchbank, Collingwood 2016 1st & GWS 2016 1st(2500 points)

Points Value it values GWS 3 at pick 7-8. I'm ready to be shot down on this but i'm curious on the thoughts of the GWS supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS: Tomlinson, Stewart, Marchbank, Collingwood 2016 1st & GWS 2016 1st(2500 points)

Points Value it values GWS 3 at pick 7-8. I'm ready to be shot down on this but i'm curious on the thoughts of the GWS supporters.
I don't think the bundle deal works here. Marchbank should be worth a first on his own. Tomlinson was allegedly offered a trade deal for pick 8 on his own last year. So I'm not sure how they work out to pick 7 or 8 together when they should get more in return separately. In addition pick 4 might come before any academy bids, so GWS could potentially be reducing the number of points they have for the kids.

If the rumors are correct and Marchbank is on the wish-list of several Melbourne clubs, the deal wouldn't happen. We'd be able to get a decent pick for Marchbank separately and it wouldn't cost us the picks we'd otherwise use for Macreadie and Perryman (or Setterfield).

If the rumors are correct and Marchbank is on the wish-list of several Melbourne clubs, the deal wouldn't happen. We'd be able to get a decent pick for Marchbank separately and it wouldn't cost us the picks we'd otherwise use for Macreadie and Perryman (or Setterfield).

Try Tomlinson and Stewart for 2nd rounder this year and 2017 second rounder.

Or all three for this year's second rounder and next year's first (pick 4-12 ish).

Tomlinson & Stewart arent worth 2x2nd round picks, especially low 2nd rounders. I think Tomlinson is worth one, not Stewart

Tomlinson could be considered worth a late first rounder; Stewart is easily worth a late second rounder.
Both of them for 2x2nd round picks?
Easily.

Clubs were circling Stewart last year and no doubt are rapt that hes not a regular senior this year.
Interesting what happens if Mummy goes down in finals what Leon will do{dawson simpson would not surprise}The outcome could decide who other clubs chase if a surprise player has a big couple of games.

Clubs were circling Stewart last year and no doubt are rapt that hes not a regular senior this year.
Interesting what happens if Mummy goes down in finals what Leon will do{dawson simpson would not surprise}The outcome could decide who other clubs chase if a surprise player has a big couple of games.
Wouldn't they be questioning whether he's good enough to make it at Afl level when he hasn't dominated NEAFL?Not sure they would be rapt at all.They would be watching NEAFl games really unsure I think

You think Steele is worth more than a late first/early second? Ok... Also I did use that you c***.

You do realise we arent Fremantle, right ? And that using insults on other club's boards isnt encouraged ?

Here's a comparison of Jack Steele at the same age with an AFL player that is on the untradeable list at his club.

10 Games 24
8.1 Kicks Per Game 10.1
Handballs Per Game 6.1
15.5 Disposals Per Game 16.2
Marks Per Game 3.9
0.8 Goals Per Game 1.8
0.2 Behinds Per Game 1.3
Tackles Per Game 3.1
0 Hitouts Per Game 0
0.6 Frees For Per Game 0.7
Frees Against Per Game 0.5
5.4 Contested Possessions Per Game 7.0
Uncontested Possessions Per Game 9.0
11.4 Effective Disposals Per Game 9.8
73.5% Effective Disposals % Per Game 60.5%
1.6 Clangers Per Game 1.6
0.2 Contested Marks Per Game 0.8
0.4 Marks Inside 50 Per Game 1.7
Clearances Per Game 1.6
0.7 Rebound 50s Per Game 0.4
0.5 One Percenters Per Game 1.4
0 Bounces Per Game 0.1
73.5 Time On Ground % Per Game 91.6
71.6 AFL Fantasy Score Per Game 77.9
63.8 Supercoach Score Per Game 82.0

You do realise we arent Fremantle, right ? And that using insults on other club's boards isnt encouraged ?

Here's a comparison of Jack Steele at the same age with an AFL player that is on the untradeable list at his club.

10 Games 24
8.1 Kicks Per Game 10.1
Handballs Per Game 6.1
15.5 Disposals Per Game 16.2
Marks Per Game 3.9
0.8 Goals Per Game 1.8
0.2 Behinds Per Game 1.3
Tackles Per Game 3.1
0 Hitouts Per Game 0
0.6 Frees For Per Game 0.7
Frees Against Per Game 0.5
5.4 Contested Possessions Per Game 7.0
Uncontested Possessions Per Game 9.0
11.4 Effective Disposals Per Game 9.8
73.5% Effective Disposals % Per Game 60.5%
1.6 Clangers Per Game 1.6
0.2 Contested Marks Per Game 0.8
0.4 Marks Inside 50 Per Game 1.7
Clearances Per Game 1.6
0.7 Rebound 50s Per Game 0.4
0.5 One Percenters Per Game 1.4
0 Bounces Per Game 0.1
73.5 Time On Ground % Per Game 91.6
71.6 AFL Fantasy Score Per Game 77.9
63.8 Supercoach Score Per Game 82.0
Where exactly are you getting these 'untradable player' stats from?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back