Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

How about Lucas, Bower and 22 for Caddy and GC's third rounder (49?50?).

Caddy's just what Carlton need in the middle, a big bustling clearance mid. Happily give up quality mid (Lucas), risky but talented KPP (Bower) and low first(22) for a guy like that. Something tells me that a Richmond etc. would trump it though. GC deserves more than Carlton can offer TBH (A top ten pick) and what we do have, while equivalent together may not be the most attractive package

Fair trade, but can't see Bower going to Gold Coast. If he's traded it will be to WA.

Fair trade, but can't see Bower going to Gold Coast. If he's traded it will be to WA.

Bower wants game time and opportunities. Apparently open to any new home provided he gets a run at Best 22.

Well that's the inside goss on the Carlton board anyway

Would this trade satisfy GC?

Carlton
Lucas, Bower + 44 > GC

GC
Caddy + 32 > Carlton

Caddy gets his wish to come home;
Carlton acquire a big bodied inside mid + additional list space;
GC gain a ready made defender and a potential 10 year player in Lucas.

Why put so much into getting Caddy? Better off making Lucas awesome and trying to pick a good kid at 20odd...

Lucas isn't a big-bustling mid who will allow guys like Gibbs, Yarran and Murphy to play outside for the majority of their careers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't you think Setanta is worth more than Bower? I do. Although I haven't seen much of either of them because neither got that many games this season.

Hell no.

Setanta is an honest trier and will clunk marks and hit the ball hard, but he isn't a superstar and would only be recruited as a stop gap.

Bower is a tall rebounding flanker who when fit boasted a serious ball-winning ability at an efficiency rate above 80% for disposals while providing good run and carry. Furthermore he can play tall when required, has deceptive strength and is much younger than O'halpin. U/18 AA CHB in 2005.

Fair enough. I think Setanta could be a pretty useful player personally, I think he plays both ends pretty well- but then again, I haven't been following him for 4/5 years like you and other Carlton fans have.

Fair enough. I think Setanta could be a pretty useful player personally, I think he plays both ends pretty well- but then again, I haven't been following him for 4/5 years like you and other Carlton fans have.

I agree. He is useful as he can be played in multiple positions (forward, ruck, defense). Every year he seems to be on the outer but after a few injuries he manages to get back into the team.
I rate him and would love for him to stay at Carlton, even if it is only for depth.

Issue is that O'halpin is more injury prone then Bower and 28. Third Rounder maybe if we're lucky. Pauly is much more valuable (I'd like to keep him, but think we might be better off trading him)

Setanta may be injury prone but all our KPPs - Jamison, Waite, Hampson, Kruezer, Warnock - are injury prone as well.

We need tall depth players, such as Setanta, because we can never seem to get all of these on the park at the same time. What we get for Setanta is not going to be much so I think we should keep him.
Keeping Setanta is better than getting a pick 50+

Put this in another thread but will add to:
WB receive Jake Carlisle or Cale Hooker
Essendon receive josh caddy
Gold coast receive a bulldogs comp pick and first round essendon pick
Reckon Carlisle would be the player Bulldogs may covet and I reckon worth the bulldogs pick- McCartney would know his potential
Gold coast get good picks and essendon get a very good midfield prospect
Joe daniher a fair replacement for Carlisle in 2013

Foj1

Seems to be an equitable trade.

I personally wouldn't do it because I don't rate Caddy as high as others - Would do it for Mckensie or Prestia.

Expect to get flamed.

Bulldogs compo a little high for Carlisle IMO. Not massively though, could work

Yeah, we wouldn't just give our compo pick for Carlisle. We would expect more.
The compo pick will be a top 10 pick for the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back