Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Not completely sure on Compo rules, but considering that there are now 18 teams in the comp, wouldn't a middle of 1st rounder correspond to a pick round the 9/10/11 mark?

The one Geelong has is after it's first pick. In say 2014 when half Geelong's list has retired it could be anything up to pick no.2

Re: MaCaffer to Tigers for Graham + Pick

Bate & Warnock to Brisbane, Fevola to Fremantle, Clark to Melbourne.

Brisbane give: Fevola + Clark + 4th rounder
Brisbane get: Bate & Warnock + 2nd rounder + 3rd rounder

Fremantle give: 3rd Rounder
Fremantle get: Fevola

Melbourne give: Bate & Warnock + 2nd rounder
Melboune get: Clark + 4th rounder

Please change the team name under where it says 'yellow card' on your profile That is an embarrassing trade.

*ba-dum tish*!

Please change the team name under where it says 'yellow card' on your profile That is an embarrassing trade.

Are you kidding? We get Clark for Bate and Warnock, lose a second round pick and get a fourth round pick. Warnock wont get another game with Rivers, Garland and Frawley in the side, it's pretty much Bate and a second rounder for Clark (proven foward/ruck that can switch with Jamar) and a fourth rounder that could be anything. Id be happy.

Bahahaha! Cannot begin to explain what is wrong with that..

Melbourne highway robbery.. Pity Clark said its freo or bust:rolleyes:

Are you kidding? We get Clark for Bate and a 4th rounder for Warnock! How is that embarrassing!
Seriously? Your packaging up 2 spuds with a 2nd rounder in a shit draft and expect Clark & a pick? Bate and Warnock are worthless in a trade like this. Your using them as the main part of it. Unless u think pick 36 is the major part of a deal for a KPF/Ruck?

Seriously? Your packaging up 2 spuds with a 2nd rounder in a shit draft and expect Clark & a pick? Bate and Warnock are worthless in a trade like this. Your using them as the main part of it. Unless u think pick 36 is the major part of a deal for a KPF/Ruck?

?? That second rounder could be anything mate, even in a weak draft. Gems pop out of anywhere. Brisbane get another defender and a stronger bodied H/F / Midfielder and a selection. We get Clark and a fourth round pick in a 'weak' draft.

?? That second rounder could be anything mate, even in a weak draft. Gems pop out of anywhere. Brisbane get another defender and a stronger bodied H/F / Midfielder and a selection. We get Clark and a fourth round pick in a 'weak' draft.

Still ignoring the bleeding obvious huh?:rolleyes:

Of course you're happy, that trade offer was a steaming pile of shit, and a heavily weighted one at that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well then fill us in champ, we certainly wont be trading Bate for pick 39 like you mob offered up, we know if we offload him we want something decent.

It's effectively Bate + 2nd rounder for Clark ..

Brisbane knocked back #16 and #20 for him, why would they take that shit?

Oh and I think you're refusing to accept Clark has said its Fremantle or bust... He rejected Melbourne the other day. Melbourne fired their shot

But wait, demondavey wants to offer up a list clogger who cannot get a game for Melbourne, for him.. Deal:rolleyes::eek:

And like I said before, glad our offer was rejected.. Guy is a spud.. To suggest he is worth a 1st rounder is more than laughable.. You can keep your shit thanks:thumbsu:

Clark is Freo bound in my opinion, no matter what.

What about this Caddy trade?

Essendon get: Caddy, 32
GC Suns get: Dempsey, 19

Dempsey is originally a Queensland boy and would really love the oppourtunity to be in his home state again. Caddy helps the Bombers' midfield, while 18 could gat a decent type of player the Suns need.

It's effectively Bate + 2nd rounder for Clark ..

Brisbane knocked back #16 and #20 for him, why would they take that shit?

Oh and I think you're refusing to accept Clark has said its Fremantle or bust... He rejected Melbourne the other day. Melbourne fired their shot

But wait, demondavey wants to offer up a list clogger who cannot get a game for Melbourne, for him.. Deal:rolleyes::eek:

And like I said before, glad our offer was rejected.. Guy is a spud.. To suggest he is worth a 1st rounder is more than laughable.. You can keep your shit thanks:thumbsu:

Ah get stuffed mate. I haven't been paying a hell of a lot of attention cause i have been interstate all week. Not in Brisbane mind you ;)

So suffice to say i am just having a bit of a laugh, and goosing about a bit. Trying to throw a bit in there to keep blokes like you thinking :rolleyes:

Brisbane would get two players and two selections though? Is Bate REALLY that bad? And Warnock has certainly shown he can play as a defender, he is no Matthew Scarlett but he aint all washed up? Two picks?? For a guy who might just walk into the preseason draft??

Maybe i just reckon the ruck duo of Clark and Jamar would rival Cox and Nic Nat!!!!!!!! BLINKERS!!!!

Don't take it so seriously sunshine ;)

Clark is Freo bound in my opinion, no matter what.

What about this Caddy trade?

Essendon get: Caddy, 32
GC Suns get: Dempsey, 19

Dempsey is originally a Queensland boy and would really love the oppourtunity to be in his home state again. Caddy helps the Bombers' midfield, while 18 could gat a decent type of player the Suns need.
So virtually a straight swap between Caddy and Dempsey with a 10 pick upgrade in the 20s of a weakish draft.

Take away the 32 and it's closer to the mark although would only work if Caddy nominates Essendon imo.

So virtually a straight swap between Caddy and Dempsey with a 10 pick upgrade in the 20s of a weakish draft.

Take away the 32 and it's closer to the mark although would only work if Caddy nominates Essendon imo.

Obviously you don't rate Dempsey. :thumbsdown:

Just becuase someone has an 'okay' year doesn't mean they aren't that good anymore, but you're right, maybe take away the 32.

Ah get stuffed mate. I haven't been paying a hell of a lot of attention cause i have been interstate all week. Not in Brisbane mind you ;)

So suffice to say i am just having a bit of a laugh, and goosing about a bit. Trying to throw a bit in there to keep blokes like you thinking :rolleyes:

Brisbane would get two players and two selections though? Is Bate REALLY that bad? And Warnock has certainly shown he can play as a defender, he is no Matthew Scarlett but he aint all washed up? Two picks?? For a guy who might just walk into the preseason draft??

Maybe i just reckon the ruck duo of Clark and Jamar would rival Cox and Nic Nat!!!!!!!! BLINKERS!!!!

Don't take it so seriously sunshine ;)

Clark is Freo bound, no matter what. He even said yesterday, it's Freo or bust, when rejecting Melbourne's best offer:

[URL="http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/125117/default.aspx[/URL]

Warnock for Brisbane's 4th rounder seems ok (if I read your original post correctly)

But that Bate deal is a fair wank.. And why was Freo involved exactly? Getting Fevola (who as I said is extremely unlikely to be traded for) and helping Melbourne get a player they want desperately.

All this, in addition to the fact Freo offered picks 16 and 20 and were rejected. Your offer is far beneath that.

Obviously you don't rate Dempsey. :thumbsdown:

Just becuase someone has an 'okay' year doesn't mean they aren't that good anymore, but you're right, maybe take away the 32.
Im an essendon supporter and I agree
Take away the 32
Add Jenkins, Dempsey and 19
or 19, Dempsey and Brisbanes Compo pick as discussed already
Give brisbane Lonergan and 41
Just some ideas
And would only work if he nominated Essendon
Now that other clubs now we are after him I hope they dont try and get him
But Id give it a 1/10 chance of happening

How about Lucas, Bower and 22 for Caddy and GC's third rounder (49?50?).

Caddy's just what Carlton need in the middle, a big bustling clearance mid. Happily give up quality mid (Lucas), risky but talented KPP (Bower) and low first(22) for a guy like that. Something tells me that a Richmond etc. would trump it though. GC deserves more than Carlton can offer TBH (A top ten pick) and what we do have, while equivalent together may not be the most attractive package

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back