Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011 Trade Predictions - Part II

I think Darren Jolly might be finished and if so Collingwood should chase Hamish McIntosh. What would North be lookng for? Tyson Goldsack plus something? Sharrod Wellingham?

Didn't looked finished in the QF when he more than held his own when the game was hot and was a major contributor as to why we were all over WCE in the second quarter.

He has another 2 years to run on his contract and is only 30. Ruckmen normally age very well.

As for McIntosh, we would not be interested. Would cost too much either way and we would not be willing to part with guys like Wellingham.

Jolly will be fine for another couple of years and we have adequate back up in the mean time with Wood who ain't a star but he is serviceable until Jarrod Witts (who is rated very highly) develops to take over from Jolly.

Re: 2011 Trade Prediction's

Unsure which thread to post this in. I posted the same thing over on the Blues board (rumour thread) as discussion, as it does most years, has descended into an all day discussion on Brendan Goddard. I was trying to find a reasonable trade for St. Kilda which wont happen in a direct trade with Carlton but rather an overall trade involving a number of teams.

A fellow poster suggested that I throw this up on the trade board to see what the reaction is.

To Adelaide: Jordan Russell
To St. Kilda from Carlton via Adelaide: Jack Gunston

Why for Adelaide? Russell's age puts him right into Adelaide's young leadership group. At this point of his career he's a much surer thing than what draft pick(s) they could pick up this year would be. At his best he is a potential All-Australian squad selection.

Why for St. Kilda? They need another key position forward. Nick Riewoldt is getting no younger and Justin Koschitzke has proven to be inept at holding down a key position for them and that is highly unlikely to change going forward. The Saints get a young gun in Gunston who can grow into being their #1 key forward without the pressure of having to be IT from day one.

To Fremantle: Paul Bower
To St. Kilda from Carlton via Fremantle: Dockers compensation pick for Rhys Palmer

Why for Fremantle? WA boy returns home. Injury prone but perhaps being home and in a warmer climate would help him with those soft tissue injuries. They appear keen.

To Port Adelaide: Shaun Hampson
To St. Kilda from Carlton via Port Adelaide: 2nd round pick
To Carlton from Port Adelaide: Nick Salter

Why for Port Adelaide? In need of a ruck man. Offered pick #9 to the Blues a couple of seasons ago for Hampson. Has developed rather nicely this year although injuries killed his senior team season. Would be a quality player for the Power.

Why for Carlton? Salter has proven himself time and again in the SANFL competition as a quality goal kicking forward. However, has almost always been played in defense when given opportunity in the Power team. He could be a good addition to our forward line.

To St. Kilda: Carlton's first round pick (#25)
To Carlton: Brendan Goddard

Total to St. Kilda: Jack Gunston, Carlton's first round pick, Docker's compo pick (Palmer), Port's second round pick

To Carlton: Brendan Goddard and Nick Salter
From Carlton: Jordan Russell, Shaun Hampson, Paul Bower, our first

That's what I would view as a realistic offer to get Brendan to Carlton.

Personally, I feel that Carlton doesn't have a big chance at netting Goddard in trade. I believe that St. Kilda will likely either keep him and let him go to GWS for the money in return for tier one concessions and bottom out the following season and get two of the top four picks in the draft for finishing bottom three (say #3 (their own pick) and #4 (the pick immediately following theirs compensation) or trade him elsewhere if they can't get him to sign an extension. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Geelong try and trump Carlton's offer (they have to have some cap room available now that they've lost Ablett and have a number of highly paid veterans retiring) or even GWS offer something like the mini draft pick for Jags and their ninth pick or GCS offering pick #4 and Josh Toy. So before posting please try and remember that this suggestion was only a hypothetical in seeing what it would take to get BG to the Blues.
If you want Goddard you'll have to give up some real quality, not 3 borderline 22 players and a pick in the 20s in a very weak compromised draft

If the Bombers are so keen on Shane Savage, they can give up Tayte Pears, which would be a win, win for both clubs.

Maybe this could be a possibility but, talls are worth more than smalls, Pears was pick 23 as a 17 yr old, so would of been top 10 normally, where as Savage was what pick 75?
I think Ess would want an upgraded pick also, at the very minimum.

If the Bombers are so keen on Shane Savage, they can give up Tayte Pears, which would be a win, win for both clubs.

"Tell em they're dreamin'"

Okay, I'll tell him.

You're dreaming.

Tayte with 2 legs would be worth a hell of a lot more than a good better who is made to look great in a great side.

Maybe this could be a possibility but, talls are worth more than smalls, Pears was pick 23 as a 17 yr old, so would of been top 10 normally, where as Savage was what pick 75?

So u would give WC a draft pick exchanging Pick 23 Pears for Pick 8 Oakley-Nicholls? :eek:

And LOL that he becomes a top 10 player for being 17. Put him in the 2008 draft instead where he was 18 he wouldn't be top 10.

Hawthorn won't give anything more than a straight swap, reality is Savage is a required player going forward, the Bombers would have to hand over someone of quality, for the Hawks to entertain such a trade.

Didn't looked finished in the QF when he more than held his own when the game was hot and was a major contributor as to why we were all over WCE in the second quarter.

He has another 2 years to run on his contract and is only 30. Ruckmen normally age very well.

As for McIntosh, we would not be interested. Would cost too much either way and we would not be willing to part with guys like Wellingham.

Jolly will be fine for another couple of years and we have adequate back up in the mean time with Wood who ain't a star but he is serviceable until Jarrod Witts (who is rated very highly) develops to take over from Jolly.

Actually bash and crash ruckmen like Jolly tend to go downhill very fast and with his current knee problems I would be astounded if Collingwood get 2 more seasons out of him.

Hawthorn won't give anything more than a straight swap, reality is Savage is a required player going forward, the Bombers would have to hand over someone of quality, for the Hawks to entertain such a trade.
I doubt Savage even wants to leave anyway but asking for pears is a bit cheeky

The old "he was a higher draft pick " ploy lol, what pick the player was has no relation to them 3 years down the track, go see your man Hird:eek:

Fact is, Sav has turned into a quality wing/fwd, he has great skills and is very quick, he's also averaged a goal a game and is the best kick on the run in our team. He has a huge future with the hawks and if not for injury he would have played the whole finals series.

If the dons want Sav, they need to give up quality and something that suits our needs, not some spud that barely gets a game in your team or a shitty pick in a shitty draft.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If these Sam Reid to GWS are true, and with the possibly of GWS possibly making up for only giving us the one combo (which I do think was right, it's just a rumour that's been thrown out)

Sam Reid and pick 17 to GWS in exchange for a single digit pick.

THEN

The single digit pick + Gilbee and/or Addison for Crouch/O'Merea?

If these Sam Reid to GWS are true, and with the possibly of GWS possibly making up for only giving us the one combo (which I do think was right, it's just a rumour that's been thrown out)

THEN

Cut out the first trade and it results in pick 17 + Sam Reid + Gilbee/Addison for Crouch or O'Meara. Somehow don't think so.

THEN

Dreaming.

if dayne beams gets dropped this week for the granny, he would have to be a big chance to head up home to the Gold Coast or Brisbane?

Yeah,it will be interesting to see, looking at Beams' body language after the game it didn't look great.

Who would you rather savage or pears?
Based on our needs Savage, last season we were crying out for a quick wingman with great skills and Sav has risen from no-where. He is a lock in our best 22(when fit) and will be taking over Chance Batemans position in the side. Don't get me wrong I would absolutely be wrapped with us having a go at pears, I just wouldn't wanna give up Sav for him.

I would much rather give up a pick and a player, someone of the likes of clinton young + a pick??

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back