Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonty Faull does nothing for me really i see a bit of Jon Butcher about him. Lalor on the other hand looks really good.

Throw a blanket over Lalor, FOS, Jagga, Draper, Gross, Urquart, Reid, Smillie. Now the lad to watch out for is TOBIE TRAVAGLIA he is a gun and plays gun minutes in the guts for Coates League !

Mate who would you like to see us take and why? Genuine question.
1. Finn O'Sullivan. Best player in the draft. Elite in nearly every area of the game: smarts, toughness, skills, anticipation, marking, leap, leadership. The next Trent Cotchin if we draft him.
2. Bo Allan. 191cm, fast, aggressive midfielder who is new to the position and has plenty of improvement left. Strong overhead and a 70-metre player.
3. Tom Sims, aka Tom Lynch, Jr. Vice hands, great agility, accurate kick.

Give me those three now and I'm happy.

I'd love to get our hands on Taj Hotton and Murphy Reid but that's being greedy. It'll only be one of those two or Allan, and even then we'll be lucky. I like Lalor and appreciate he was underdone but some worrying signs re his speed and running ability. If we can score a second top-10 pick it's one of those or Sid Draper, a hard-running mid with burst power, or Jagga, or even Langford provided he tests okay for speed. I'd be happy with any of them as long as we get Finn first.

I like Xavier Lindsay and would be rapt if he slips to the second round. Smart, skillful midfielder who can play wing or halfback as well. I like Armstrong, Kako, Gross, Urquhart, Dodson (will go top-10 methinks), Nicholls, Shanahan, the Whitlocks, Charleson, Berry, Champion, Gerreyn, Ough, Travaglia, Tauru, Bowman, Herbert and others from the second round on.

There are plenty of players to like in this draft. I currently love five.

1. Finn O'Sullivan. Best player in the draft. Elite in nearly every area of the game: smarts, toughness, skills, anticipation, marking, leap, leadership. The next Trent Cotchin if we draft him.
2. Bo Allan. 191cm, fast, aggressive midfielder who is new to the position and has plenty of improvement left. Strong overhead and a 70-metre player.

I'd love to get our hands on Taj Hotton and Murphy Reid but that's being greedy. It'll only be one of those two or Allan, and even then we'll be lucky. I like Lalor and appreciate he was underdone but some worrying signs re his speed and running ability. If we can score a second top-10 pick it's one of those or Sid Draper, a hard-running mid with burst power, or Jagga, or even Langford provided he tests okay for speed. I'd be happy with any of them as long as we get Finn first.

I like Xavier Lindsay and would be rapt if he slips to the second round. Smart, skillful midfielder who can play wing or halfback as well. I like Armstrong, Kako, Gross, Urquhart, Dodson (will go top-10 methinks), Nicholls, Shanahan, the Whitlocks, Charleson, Berry, Champion, Gerreyn, Ough, Travaglia, Tauru, Bowman, Herbert and others from the second round on.

Thanks mate, those top 3 listed read perfectly for what we need.

Who do we need to trade or what do you think it takes to get those 3? Is it realistic or a dream scenario?

Thanks mate, those top 3 listed read perfectly for what we need.

Who do we need to trade or what do you think it takes to get those 3? Is it realistic or a dream scenario?
We need to finish last to be sure of getting FOS.

Allan will push into the top-10 I reckon, so we need to target one of those GC picks. Sims, it depends how he finishes the year. If he has a strong game against Vic Country and keeps killing in the Coates League he could get up there too. At the moment he's probably anywhere from 15-30 given how even it is.

If we can get one of the GC picks and one or both of the Brisbane and Carlton picks we're in a good spot. FOS plus 3 or 4 of the players I mentioned and I'll be very happy. FOS, Allan, Sims, and two of that second-round group I mentioned (Travaglia probs top-15 though) and I'll be ****ing rapt.

Great list. FoS and Allan the 2 we should be trying to grab. Allan has that burst from stoppage that makes players go from good to elite.

The only one I would scrub from your list is Shanahan.

Allan will push into the top-10 I reckon, so we need to target one of those GC picks. Sims, it depends how he finishes the year. If he has a strong game against Vic Country and keeps killing in the Coates League he could get up there too. At the moment he's probably anywhere from 15-30 given how even it is.

If we can get one of the GC picks and one or both of the Brisbane and Carlton picks we're in a good spot. FOS plus 3 or 4 of the players I mentioned and I'll be very happy. FOS, Allan, Sims, and two of that second-round group I mentioned (Travaglia probs top-15 though) and I'll be ****ing rapt.
Thanks mate.

The numbers don't jump off the page, but for me this was Trainor's best Champs performance to date. He was matched up on the dangerous Tyler Welsh, and kept him quiet for the first three quarters before conceding a couple of aerial contests late. We saw the kind of defender that he's likely to become at AFL level, someone that's capable of taking on those tricky forwards that push up high up the ground and into the midfield forcing matchup chaos like Jeremy Cameron and Jake Stringer. Trainor has the running power and ground level ability to thrive higher up the ground while still being strong enough in the air to deal with deeper contests and 1v1s.

Can we give North Short and in turn reserve FOS as our top pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if Dusty goes to GC we demand 8 & 10 and give back GC 36, 58, 68, 69 & 76 (about the same as pick 25)

They just want the points for academy players.

Then we parcel up 40, 41 & 54 (1061 points) for Carlton or Brisbane's 1st - say 16 (1067 points)
So they can do their father son thing.

And we go to the draft with 2, 8, 10, 16, 22.
3 mids (2 with speed) and 2 talls

We can't let the AFL decide the compo as they will bend us over as usual.

Been told the Bummers will use their first pick to grab Kako. Clearly rate him highly
Hopefully someone makes them earn it.

I assume they have to match the bid. So if a bid comes in prior to their r1 pick they’ll need to use other pick/s to make up the shortfall.

Well that’s my understanding, I could be wrong, the AFL rules aren’t the easiest to understand

Hopefully someone makes them earn it.

I assume they have to match the bid. So if a bid comes in prior to their r1 pick they’ll need to use other pick/s to make up the shortfall.

Well that’s my understanding, I could be wrong, the AFL rules aren’t the easiest to understand
If someone picks him before their 1st they currently have no right to match. Could change by next week given its the AFL

So if Dusty goes to GC we demand 8 & 10 and give back GC 36, 58, 68, 69 & 76 (about the same as pick 25)

They just want the points for academy players.

Then we parcel up 40, 41 & 54 (1061 points) for Carlton or Brisbane's 1st - say 16 (1067 points)
So they can do their father son thing.

And we go to the draft with 2, 8, 10, 16, 22.
3 mids (2 with speed) and 2 talls

We can't let the AFL decide the compo as they will bend us over as usual.
Dude WTF hahahaha

Dusty aint netting us a pick inside the top 50

I think Dusty needs to be careful here - leaving us does effect his legacy - not our appreciation, but you can't deny it will impact the legacy - and if goes to Suns for a year and stinks it up how does that help anything .... Thinking McGuane at Pies, Dougie Hawkins at Fitzroy, Dermie at Swans/Pies etc

The best small forward performance we've seen at the Champs so far. Kako seemed to be in every productive sequence in the front half for Metro, regularly providing the pivotal touch of class or burst of speed needed. He underlined his potential by snapping two excellent opportunist goals.

The best small forward performance we've seen at the Champs so far. Kako seemed to be in every productive sequence in the front half for Metro, regularly providing the pivotal touch of class or burst of speed needed. He underlined his potential by snapping two excellent opportunist goals.

I would absolutely love to see a Bolton and Kako linking up in the forward line.

Dude WTF hahahaha

Dusty aint netting us a pick inside the top 50
We'll see about that and revisit it in October.

It's not about what he is worth in a pick sense. It's about his start factor and him leaving the club he loves on good terms and we being looked after. Win/win.

Dusty for 2 years puts bums on seats and a spotlight on Gold Coast - it's called marketing.

1 of their top picks at a minimum. Sure 2 x top 10 is over the top but we might be able to package a deal to get both picks.

Gold Coast will trade out of the draft.

Like I said - I look forward to October and revisiting this conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back