Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll see about that and revisit it in October.

It's not about what he is worth in a pick sense. It's about his start factor and him leaving the club he loves on good terms and we being looked after. Win/win.

Dusty for 2 years puts bums on seats and a spotlight on Gold Coast - it's called marketing.

1 of their top picks at a minimum. Sure 2 x top 10 is over the top but we might be able to package a deal to get both picks.

Gold Coast will trade out of the draft.

Like I said - I look forward to October and revisiting this conversation.

he's an unrestricted free agent, they don't have to trade for him at all. at best we'll get a compo pick based on the contract offered, which surely won't net us more than a 3rd rounder

It's not about what he is worth in a pick sense. It's about his start factor and him leaving the club he loves on good terms and we being looked after. Win/win.

Dusty for 2 years puts bums on seats and a spotlight on Gold Coast - it's called marketing.

1 of their top picks at a minimum. Sure 2 x top 10 is over the top but we might be able to package a deal to get both picks.

Dude staaaawp this, other people can see it :(

A top 10 pick for Dusty?
Hide Reaction GIF by flor

Kako would be a great addition to our forwardline.

He’s physically ready to go, would play straight up.

could solve our small forward issues for the next 10 + years.

We need to add a couple of A grade mids though, so it could be one of those situations, where you go with the biggest list need.
Definitely mids first IMO, but given out plethora of picks, we might still be in a position to get him.

So if Dusty goes to GC we demand 8 & 10 and give back GC 36, 58, 68, 69 & 76 (about the same as pick 25)

They just want the points for academy players.

Then we parcel up 40, 41 & 54 (1061 points) for Carlton or Brisbane's 1st - say 16 (1067 points)
So they can do their father son thing.

And we go to the draft with 2, 8, 10, 16, 22.
3 mids (2 with speed) and 2 talls

We can't let the AFL decide the compo as they will bend us over as usual.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

We'll see brainiac.
Not sure if a compliment or attempt at a sledge.

You understand he is FA right? How that works? GC dont have to trade?
You also notice his 24 form?

Bro help me, help you. I am just trying to save you from yourself here.

Not sure if a compliment or attempt at a sledge.

You understand he is FA right? How that works? GC dont have to trade?
You also notice his 24 form?

Bro help me, help you. I am just trying to save you from yourself here.
Calm down brainiac

he's an unrestricted free agent, they don't have to trade for him at all. at best we'll get a compo pick based on the contract offered, which surely won't net us more than a 3rd rounder
You think Dusty would do that to RFC. Less than zero chance of that happening.

Like I said, if he goes we will be well looked after.

The people that think he'll go and we get pick 50 odd are off with the pixies

2 year contract at about 700K to 750K a year is my bet.

1719904318375.png

My guess it's an end of 2nd round or 3rd round pick, considering our position on the ladder it's probably around the pick 40 mark.

1st round pick is only given to players in the top 5% contract earners.

1719905689325.png

For us to get a start of 2nd round pick, I reckon Dusty's 2 year deal would have to be around the $800K mark or top 15% in the league.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He plays like Daicos without the hurt factor, kicking skills etc that make Daicos a good player. Someone needs to tell Jagga to play more direct and see if he can increase his hurt factor.
Can it wait until after the draft?

The guys that have barely played probably struggled going up to this level. If he's the one we want it's probably not a bad thing given we will need him to last to the 20's
Sims or Faull of the talls for me.

Putting aside what you think he's worth, talk me through the mechanics of us getting a "trade" return for Dusty as opposed to a compensation pick via FA?

View attachment 2036820

My guess it's an end of 2nd round or 3rd round pick, considering our position on the ladder it's probably around the pick 40 mark.

View attachment 2036854

For us to get a start of 2nd round pick, I reckon Dusty's 2 year deal would have to be around the $800K mark or top 15% in the league.
Rather not for Rioli to be traded, but if Rioli end up being traded maybe we can offer to also pay $100k of Riolis contract up Gold Coast bumps of Dusty's contract by $100k.

Last edited:
Putting aside what you think he's worth, talk me through the mechanics of us getting a "trade" return for Dusty as opposed to a compensation pick via FA?
Only way I can see us getting anything decent is if we do a Geelong in reverse.
And pay a very good % of his wage in exchange for pick x.

View attachment 2036820

View attachment 2036854

So band 1 is 900K + (Top 5%) . I can't see deals for Battle or Perryman getting anywhere near that.
Saints supporters still dreaming of an extra first rounder though

Last edited:
Back