Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The obsession in this thread with Lalor and Faull is truly bizarre.

Lalor has done nothing against the elite of his cohort and Faull isn’t even the clear standout when it comes to KPF.
Faull has just come back from injury missed almost all of this year. His output last year was excellent
Lalor also has just come back from injury has hard played this year
His output last year was very good 👍

A strong performance from Lalor who's still getting back to his best after his long injury layoff. He played through the midfield for most of the game with stints in the forward line and while he still lacks the tank to get to an many contests as you would like, he showed his ability to influence stoppage with his power and physicality. Up forward he was a dangerous marking target, and chipped in with three valuable goals.

Honestly reckon it'll be classic Richmond and we win a couple games to then stuff this up and end up with pick 3 instead of pick 1 for short term gain rather than long term gain. Ooze needs up to bottom out and tank so from then on it's only up from last place :cool:
Norf won’t have same priority as us ,highly likely they go trainor ,,,wc would def have same interests as us

A strong performance from Lalor who's still getting back to his best after his long injury layoff. He played through the midfield for most of the game with stints in the forward line and while he still lacks the tank to get to an many contests as you would like, he showed his ability to influence stoppage with his power and physicality. Up forward he was a dangerous marking target, and chipped in with three valuable goals.

images

We need to have a draft year like port did when they traded up aggressively to get Rozee, Buttters & Duursma.

Ideally we land 3 picks in top 15 with 2 of those being in the top 10.

Given we've currently got pick 1,21,36,39,41,54,57,67 and 69 we're in a good spot to trade up and bundle picks but we should also face reality we're likely to lose 1 or 2 of Baker, Rioli, Graham or potentially Bolton to make it happen
Perfect opportunity to split our first for two top 10 picks

The handball at 2:27 is elite.

Gets compared to Dusty but is more Cunnington with a damaging kick.

Picking number #1 makes me more nervous tbh
This is THE perfect draft to split the top pick and get two top 5 type players, spread the risk and almost guarantee you end up with two quality players. You can almost throw a blanket over the top 6-8 players and then again over the next dozen.

Plus then rationalising the other 8 picks we have down to another mid first rounder and a couple of decent seconds.

I hope we have our thinking caps on.

This is the big one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not on board with Splitting pick one unless one of the picks we split with is top 3. Which won’t be done in this draft.

To split 1 for 8 and 9 to me is absurd.

Just keep watching, the elite will seperate themselves from the pack soon enough and then you’ll want a number one pick to guarantee you get the stand out player.

Im not on board with Splitting pick one unless one of the picks we split with is top 3. Which won’t be done in this draft.

To split 1 for 8 and 9 to me is absurd.

Just keep watching, the elite will seperate themselves from the pack soon enough and then you’ll want a number one pick to guarantee you get the stand out player.
I'm saying be open to splitting it if the right deal is offered. You don't give it away for 8&9 !

But if you could get Murphy Reid and Sam Lalor instead of just Josh Smillie then it would be absurd not to consider that wouldn't you say ?

I'm saying be open to splitting it if the right deal is offered. You don't give it away for 8&9 !

But if you could get Murphy Reid and Sam Lalor instead of just Josh Smillie then it would be absurd not to consider that wouldn't you say ?

Absolutely. But we’d need Pick 3 and 5 or 4 and 6 for that to occur and I’m as all other clubs view this draft the same way, even at the top, I doubt they get it done.

Say WCE aquire Pick 5 to go along with Pick 3, would we be open to trade Baker and Pick One for Pick 3 and 5?

Maybe it's just me but it seems like the top 3, top 5, top 10 and top 20 are all still wide open and becoming more congested. It looks a juicy draft.

There's also some very good upside players going to fall outside the first round.

Whomever has the first pick in the second round this year is going to be Ina very good position on the second day. There will be some very good players ready to go.

Absolutely. But we’d need Pick 3 and 5 or 4 and 6 for that to occur and I’m as all other clubs view this draft the same way, even at the top, I doubt they get it done.

Say WCE aquire Pick 5 to go along with Pick 3, would we be open to trade Baker and Pick One for Pick 3 and 5?
It's going to be fascinating.

This draft sets the tone for years to come.

huge decision, but you would have to see the revelance in it.
we don't need 1 or 2 quality youth, we need multiple.
what ever we need to do to bring in (hopefully 4 picks inside top 25) I'm in.
do the deal Bob

Bob. Bob, Bob, Bob.

You are 100% right that Finn O'Cotchin is a special talent and the best player in the draft. He's ours unless we do something stupid like that.

Bob. Bob, Bob, Bob.

You are 100% right that Finn O'Cotchin is a special talent and the best player in the draft. He's ours unless we do something stupid like that.

You won’t find a bigger Finn fan than me.

As I said previously, people are talking about an even top level but there will be seperation towards the end of the year and my prediction is Finn will remind one and all exactly why he was considered the universal big name headed into this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back