Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree we must go scorched earth on the list and this is ground zero which should have been 2 years ago .

Got to have a clear vision of what sort team we want to build for the future and it should not be based on what other sides are doing now.

Bigger stronger faster should be the theme imo .

This draft is full of small bodied mids which we don't want regardless of their talent just cannot see a midfield stacked with little piss ants being dominant.in the future

Smiley is the only option as our first pick and our biggest need which we have many .

All our key players must be strong marks and have attributes like balta Miller Lefau or just don't recruit them .

I hope no picks are wasted on slow players ever again.
Respectfully u stated,
CANT SEE A MIDFIELD OF STACKED PISSANTS BEING DOMINANT.

THE BEST MIDFIELD/ FORWARDS IN HISTORY ARE MAINLY PISS ANTS.
GARRY WILSON
KEVIN BARTLETT'
ROBERT FLOWER
BOOMER HARVEY
BOB SKILTON
JIM KRAKOUER
ROD ASHMAN
JOHN PLATTEN
WAYNE JOHNSON

THEIR RECORDS WOULD HAVE U SHOOTING BRICKS,SUPER ELITE.

Watching our team this year there is just not much talent on the list - on the youngsters I reckon Gibcus, Brown and McAuliffe will be above average players - most of the rest are maybes - Sonsie, Banks, Clarke, Campbell, Smith. If we think the draft is as deep as the talk, then need to trade 2 of Baker, Bolton and Rioli as our only players with real currency, take later picks for Graham and Dusty; then pick trade like mad to load up inside the top 25. Waste of time keeping McIntosh, Pickett, Cumberland and don’t think either of Coulthard or Green will be there, maybe rookie Green.

Watching our team this year there is just not much talent on the list - on the youngsters I reckon Gibcus, Brown and McAuliffe will be above average players - most of the rest are maybes - Sonsie, Banks, Clarke, Campbell, Smith. If we think the draft is as deep as the talk, then need to trade 2 of Baker, Bolton and Rioli as our only players with real currency, take later picks for Graham and Dusty; then pick trade like mad to load up inside the top 25. Waste of time keeping McIntosh, Pickett, Cumberland and don’t think either of Coulthard or Green will be there, maybe rookie Green.
I think if you trade 2 of those 3 guys with currency KMac and Pickett will be needed for leadership/experience.

Isaac Kako 10-20
Murphy Reid 8-25
Bo Allen 10-25
Harvey Langford 15-40
Angus Clarke 20-50

Respectfully u stated,

GARRY WILSON
KEVIN BARTLETT'
ROBERT FLOWER
BOOMER HARVEY
BOB SKILTON
JIM KRAKOUER
ROD ASHMAN
JOHN PLATTEN
WAYNE JOHNSON

No need to yell but i reckon you are living in the past there and id take cripps Bont Day Green over any of them the future is bigger stronger faster mids .

The Game is different now to the dark ages your basing that logic on

If we truly rate this years draft why not trade our future second or first for another pick this year

Absolutely no way we should be considering trading our future 1st. It'll likely be pick 1 and won't get valued as high given the uncertainty that it could also be 1-5. Clubs pay an absolute premium for pick 1 and each year their is always players who become the clear standout

As much as I want FOS, I think Toce will go Smillie unless FOS goes bananas before end of season.
His size makes him very tempting, although both Tarranto and Hopper are over 6ft comfortably, not like we're a mosquito fleet in there. That vid pretty much echoed my thoughts, could be the next Tom Green or could just be a man child amongst children. Big call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to have a draft year like port did when they traded up aggressively to get Rozee, Buttters & Duursma.

Ideally we land 3 picks in top 15 with 2 of those being in the top 10.

Given we've currently got pick 1,21,36,39,41,54,57,67 and 69 we're in a good spot to trade up and bundle picks but we should also face reality we're likely to lose 1 or 2 of Baker, Rioli, Graham or potentially Bolton to make it happen

Respectfully u stated,

GARRY WILSON
KEVIN BARTLETT'
ROBERT FLOWER
BOOMER HARVEY
BOB SKILTON
JIM KRAKOUER
ROD ASHMAN
JOHN PLATTEN
WAYNE JOHNSON

Anyone from this century?

I honestly am amazed at the Dusty like traits of Lalor

would hate to see that and in 3 years time the kid becomes a dominant bull and was taken at pick #3 by the eagles
why couldnt Liam Baker be a free agent this year

We have to find a way to land another top 10 pick and another pick in the teens. These kind of opportunities are rare, you have to take them.

2 x elite mids
1 x KPF with massive upside potential

All things considered Finn played pretty well in his first game back from a long injury layoff. He was so underdone that you risk salmonella poisoning just from watching this video. His usually crisp sidestep was limp, and he was caught a number of times with the footy... but as the contest went on he got better and flashed a few moments of elite talent.

All things considered Finn played pretty well in his first game back from a long injury layoff. He was so underdone that you risk salmonella poisoning just from watching this video. His usually crisp sidestep was limp, and he was caught a number of times with the footy... but as the contest went on he got better and flashed a few moments of elite talent.

I hope we don't waste our first pick on this guy going by this vid

Trade period / National Draft 2024

Back