Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach_Required , you laugh, but you haven't had an original thought on a draftee yet, you are on FOS still based on other opinions of his form 12 months ago, so who is your current no1 laughy boy?

richoatthedisco , you disagree, so who is the current no 1 based on 2024 performances? Draper is currently, its not even a debate IMO.

I get FOS has been all the rage, but he hasnt fired a shot, so noone is risking pick 1 now.
What Tomnat said.

FOS has not been 'all the rage' like the latest TikTok dance. He's shown the ability to be the best player in the draft.

Another strong VFL performance by Jagga who's seemingly stepped up to the level and barely missed a beat. He wasn't quite as impressive as last week, seeming to be more rushed for time and as a result not having his entire game in top order, but even so, we shouldn't take for granted what Jagga Smith and Sid Draper have been doing in recent weeks at state league level. They've both set a bar that the others in the pool will struggle to reach.

Ray hall played 99 games …… does anyone know if he had any kids? Because if he did and they ended up going pick 1 in the draft that would cause us to have a melt down

You're putting too much emphasis on 2024 performances. Having good form in your draft year is important to a degree but for someone like FOS his performances in 2023 would have been enough to likely see him go second behind Reid had he been eligible. Recruiters already no what he can do and of all the players in the draft he has the least to prove when it comes to performing.

To say its not even a debate is a ridiculous call. Lombard and Jagga Smith have both performed well at VFL level whilst being better at the champs than Draper. Smilie and Langford have a number of performances on the board at u18 level and for the AFL academy. While Levi Ashcroft doesn't play a bad game and would have 10 times the hype if he wasn't tied to Brisbane.
Mate you dont draft a no 1 pick based on his form at 16 years of age, he hasnt played a good game in 2024, and I am not saying he wont, but right now, there is no way he is no 1.

Half the other players you mention are not even available, so of course they are not mentioned as our no 1 pick.

Jagga is a gun, but we have sene he lacks serious hurt factor, Smillie hasnt played well when it really matters either.

I am not saying Draper will be no 1 but right now, on form, its up to others to close that gap.

What Tomnat said.

FOS has not been 'all the rage' like the latest TikTok dance. He's shown the ability to be the best player in the draft.
Sonsie showed he had the ability to be one of the best to, a year too early, and lok how that turned out.

At age 16, it matters little, if at age 17/18 you dont play up to the level.

Yeah I'm all for Draper tbh.
If this is him 'underdone' imagine what he would be like fully fit &
Another strong VFL performance by Jagga who's seemingly stepped up to the level and barely missed a beat. He wasn't quite as impressive as last week, seeming to be more rushed for time and as a result not having his entire game in top order, but even so, we shouldn't take for granted what Jagga Smith and Sid Draper have been doing in recent weeks at state league level. They've both set a bar that the others in the pool will struggle to reach.

Great vision thanks mate. He is class act and displays great footy nous

We need good kicks of the ball.
Agreed, and we need ball carriers.
Xavier Lindsay, could be the best kick in the draft, booming left foot and great decision maker. Can play wing/mid/hb.
We all have our favs on here, he’s right up there for me, hope somehow he ends up in Y&B next year

Agreed, and we need ball carriers.
Xavier Lindsay, could be the best kick in the draft, booming left foot and great decision maker. Can play wing/mid/hb.
We all have our favs on here, he’s right up there for me, hope somehow he ends up in Y&B next year
Had 26 & 1.3 today.

Reminds me a lot of Gulden.

Mate you dont draft a no 1 pick based on his form at 16 years of age, he hasnt played a good game in 2024, and I am not saying he wont, but right now, there is no way he is no 1.

Half the other players you mention are not even available, so of course they are not mentioned as our no 1 pick.

Jagga is a gun, but we have sene he lacks serious hurt factor, Smillie hasnt played well when it really matters either.

I am not saying Draper will be no 1 but right now, on form, its up to others to close that gap.

No you draft based on what they have showed from U16's through to their last game of U18's with the view of how well that will translate. Which when fit FOS showed last year why he was the no.1 player in this draft and we can use those performances against the other draftees who have been able to get on the track and perform this year. Like the game below for example.

You weren't talking about our pick 1, you were talking about 2024 performances and I named 5 guys who have arguably performed better. Smilie has gone from being overrated to being underrated very quickly, his Coates league form was very good, he played well vs VFL sides for the AFL academy and while he is champs was underwhelming that in part had to do with the amount of hype he had in the lead up.

According to bigfooty draft expects this is a vey deep draft. Happy for Tiges to take 5/6 maybe even 7 picks. If we do 7, it's a hell of a lot of picks to take in one year but......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the mids for the first pick is fine as long as they can run fast. FOS 20m time is a little concerning. If Rioli is traded must use that pick onArmstrong if still available. His highlights have looked impressive and the forward line is the most in need

Draper is dynamic around the stoppage
Explosive pace is what he has and what we desperately need, would really love another
Pick between 1 and 21

Crows will be desperate to get local kid Draper. He’s exactly what they need for their midfield mix. At this stage Draper could go anywhere from 1 to 5. Crows look locked in to pick-4. They won’t risk that.

So #1 for #4 and Adelaide’s F1 (I think they’ll improve so have this at pick 8-14).

Unless of course we are definitely sold on a specific player we could miss at #4 - right now that appears unlikely and would be pure guesswork.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Coach_Required , you laugh, but you haven't had an original thought on a draftee yet, you are on FOS still based on other opinions of his form 12 months ago, so who is your current no1 laughy boy?

richoatthedisco , you disagree, so who is the current no 1 based on 2024 performances? Draper is currently, its not even a debate IMO.

I get FOS has been all the rage, but he hasnt fired a shot, so noone is risking pick 1 now.

You need to settle the **** down Morro

My laugh wasn't at your suggestion at all, it was more a laugh at how passionate some people here get over certain players we all know nothing about, so how about you get off your ****ing high horse for a moment.

Whether we pick Draper, FOS, Smith or Smillie TBH i don't really care, it's not my job as long as whoever the club picks, we choose wisely.

People who get all personal about other opinions need to consider whether the internet forums is for them. I don't need to read your comments if you're going to be like that, I don't know you and personally don't want to know you.

Last edited:
Crows will be desperate to get local kid Draper. He’s exactly what they need for their midfield mix. At this stage Draper could go anywhere from 1 to 5. Crows look locked in to pick-4. They won’t risk that.

So #1 for #4 and Adelaide’s F1 (I think they’ll improve so have this at pick 8-14).

Unless of course we are definitely sold on a specific player we could miss at #4 - right now that appears unlikely and would be pure guesswork.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Crows would be fun to deathride

My thoughts:

- Baker is already on the way out, so another 1st rounder will be good.

- Don’t think there would be any interest for Dow and Cumberland, but they need to go.

- Unpopular opinion, but I think we need to get rid of Bolton. Don’t think he has the attitude or qualities to be a leader through this rebuild we are going to have, and it shows on the field, especially when things go sideways..

- Wouldn’t mind trying to test the market on Short.

Our question is,

Should Jagga Smith be used by our first pick? He's training at the club, killed it in the VFL and is highly touted, but hasn't been floated as a potential pick 1. Do we throw pick 1 at him, or risk watching him taken from pick 6-10.

Another option would be a trade which gives us another pick.

There's a lot of curiosity in my eyes behind Jagga Smith. Think there's a high likelihood we take him with a first pick

I don’t know why people keep thinking we are going to get a first rounder for Baker.
He’s a 5”8 Rookie listed player who has to throw himself around just to be able to compete.
He’s good at that because he’s probably had to do it all his football life.
Because he’s 5”8 and not a super fast goal sneak.
🤷‍♂️

Predicted ladder positions from live ladder https://www.liveladders.com/
SYD
BRIS
FRE
WBD
CARL
GEEL
HAW
GWS
---------
PORT
ESS
MELB
COLL
GC
STK
ADE
WCE
RICH
NTH

RICH pick 2
GC picks 6, 10
FRE picks 7, 15, 16

Maybe WC will trade pick 3 to FRE for 7 & 15 and then trade 15 for Baker
Trade late picks to Brisbane for pick 17
Trade Rioli to GC for pick 6 & 20

Go the draft with 2,6,15,17, 20,21,22 (Graham compo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back