Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No way the club will accept Baker for a pick in the teens alone.

Not when he is contracted, west coast is sniffing around and making their cross town rivals accountable, and freo are reportedly prepared to walk over "broken glass" to get him.

They have 3 first rounders, currently something like 12, 14 and 18, and a tasty looking second at 31.

Based on where Collingwood will finish and freo dropping away a little, that will be something like picks 10, 16, 18 and 28.

I'd expect something like picks 10 and 28, or 16 and 18 would get it done. It's fair all round and it marginally outpoint what West Coast could offer.
He’s not contracted

I doubt we'll see another Harley Reid for awhile as he's just one out of the box. This guy will make the Daicos brothers look like Siamese twins. He's absolutely breathtaking and going to be super elite and with him the Eagles will be challenging in the next two years.
Yep very dusty like , WC are very lucky , will be interesting if he sticks as he will likely take a team a long way provided he stays fit

Cumberland was delisted at the end of 2021, therefore he qualifies as an unrestricted free agent

FWIW this isn't my work, I've copied it from the D&T board and the information comes from Footywire so may not be 100% accurate regarding free agency status
He was reinstated and never nominated for the draft. Therefore, not an unrestricted free agent

Footywire is incorrect as the AFL doesn't have him on the list of unrestricted free agents, see the link that was posted.

Picks based on live ladder projection https://www.liveladders.com/

2,22,26 (Freo),40,41(WC),44(Freo),58, 67 (Pies), 70 (Port)

Picks 40,41,44,58,67,70 - 1481 points could get a late first rounder

This would give us 4 picks inside the top 26. Plus what ever picks we got from trades and free agents.

Hope we don't end up with a rubbish first rounder when lynch Balta come back
And we win a few meaningless games
I want another Harley Reid to walk through the door.

From the sounds of it, doesn't seem like there's a Harley Reid-type player in this year's draft?

To put it into context, Cal Twomey believed that Reid could've gone at pick 1 in 2022 (a year before Reid's draft) if he was eligible, where Cadman, Ashcroft and Sheezel were the top 3 picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate these seasons where i feel like I'm barracking for and against the team every game. Before the game, I convince myself that it'll be best if we lose for the draft picks but once the game is on, I'm all in hoping we win. At the end of the game, I'm back to being conflicted. I just want us to be successful but fight myself over whether its success in the moment or success for the unpredictable future that's more important. I hate these seasons...

Hope we don't end up with a rubbish first rounder when lynch Balta come back
And we win a few meaningless games
I want another Harley Reid to walk through the door.
Its taken 14yrs for the next Dusty too appear.
No chance the next Reid is only 12mnths way.

I hate these seasons where i feel like I'm barracking for and against the team every game. Before the game, I convince myself that it'll be best if we lose for the draft picks but once the game is on, I'm all in hoping we win. At the end of the game, I'm back to being conflicted. I just want us to be successful but fight myself over whether its success in the moment or success for the unpredictable future that's more important. I hate these seasons...

I am so conflicted this year.

Fortunately I've got so much on right now that I a paying much less attention to the footy. Be crap if we were winning.

But I want good picks, and lots of them. But I don't want to lose game or players.

Reckon this is the year to play the kids (win less games) and let a few players go - picks. Last chance to trade picks for points under the current regime.

Very True but we are already 6 games in so 25% of the way. Will be all over before we know it lol

Unfortunately, I can see Carlton winning it, they have everything going for them atm, feels like Collingwood last season.

I'm personally still barracking for us to win, but only if the win comes from the younger players stepping up to the plate and rising to the next level. Right now, the end the focus should be the long/medium term.

Regardless we have a horror run with injury at the moment and I can't see us winning more than 6-7 games for the season which I think will net us a pick 4-5.

I do think we need to hit the draft hard for the next year or two, while retaining enough experience to set the example to the younger players.

Edit: As mentioned in the above post that this is the last year to take advantage of trading up with points in the draft before the AFL makes changes, also Tasmania will be compromising the draft in '26 or '27 So we want to make sure we have to bulk of the youth on our list before that.

Wouldn't mind TT at the tigs if he got his act together.

Rhyan Mansell was at North's NGA with him, so could hopefully have some sway.

Feeling Silly Season 3 GIF by Living Single

Mansell is his cousin ya clown

Another excellent Colts performance from Kayle Gerreyn. He dominated his opponents in the ruck all day providing hit outs to advantage his teammates or often just grabbing the ball and driving it forwards himself. He even showed some of his potential as a key forward, chipping in with two goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back