Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Baker worth around pick 10. WC doesn't have a pick around that mark. If he goes to WC the three trade scenarios I can see:

1/ If they finish 18th and we finish 15th/16th. Baker and our pick 3/4 for their pick 1 and pick 20.

2/ WC 2nd rnd pick this year and their 2nd rnd pick next year. We may throw in Freo's 3rd rnd pick as a sweetener.

3/ If WC recieve a 2nd rnd priority pick then their priority pick and 2nd rnd pick. We may throw in Freo's 3rd rnd pick as a sweetener.

Though it will be a lot easier if he chooses Freo as they will have the trade capital to make things easier. I think he may opt for Freo over WC if they offer similar money.

The way Eagles are playing these last 2 weeks they may see their future rd 1 pick as being around the right level for Baker.

I doubt we'll see another Harley Reid for awhile as he's just one out of the box. This guy will make the Daicos brothers look like Siamese twins. He's absolutely breathtaking and going to be super elite and with him the Eagles will be challenging in the next two years.

His stats may not pop off the page, but Langford was one of the Academy's best in this game. He competed well in the air and his possessions were assertive and damaging. He had one quarter in the middle in the third and his physicality played a key role in helping his team gain ascendancy in that period.

I doubt we'll see another Harley Reid for awhile as he's just one out of the box. This guy will make the Daicos brothers look like Siamese twins. He's absolutely breathtaking and going to be super elite and with him the Eagles will be challenging in the next two years.
Yep the kid is a machine and doesnt play for easy ball

The way Eagles are playing these last 2 weeks they may see their future rd 1 pick as being around the right level for Baker.
Yeah, the WC has been playing pretty good footy recently. May change the trading land scape. Will probably mean they won't get the priority pick and they may end up finishing something like 14~16 instead.

Not a chance the Eagles challenge in 2 years. McGovern, Yeo, Gaff, Sheed, Cripps, Darling amd Kelly will all be gone or cooked.

After last night's game, Baker no chance to want to be at Freo. They would have to give him some amazing pitch.
Future 1st with West Coast and probably have to give something back.
I reckon he is more chance staying now which is different to how I was thinking 1 week ago.

After last night's game, Baker no chance to want to be at Freo. They would have to give him some amazing pitch.
I reckon he is more chance staying now which is different to how I was thinking 1 week ago.
Would rather keep Baker than a Pick #15

No way the club will accept Baker for a pick in the teens alone.

Not when he is contracted, west coast is sniffing around and making their cross town rivals accountable, and freo are reportedly prepared to walk over "broken glass" to get him.

They have 3 first rounders, currently something like 12, 14 and 18, and a tasty looking second at 31.

Based on where Collingwood will finish and freo dropping away a little, that will be something like picks 10, 16, 18 and 28.

I'd expect something like picks 10 and 28, or 16 and 18 would get it done. It's fair all round and it marginally outpoint what West Coast could offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a chance the Eagles challenge in 2 years. McGovern, Yeo, Gaff, Sheed, Cripps, Darling amd Kelly will all be gone or cooked.
On the last two weeks ... they are a chance this year ... classic WCE - they roll it out after every premiership ...
tank GIF

Cumbo is not an unrestricted free agent

Cumberland was delisted at the end of 2021, therefore he qualifies as an unrestricted free agent

FWIW this isn't my work, I've copied it from the D&T board and the information comes from Footywire so may not be 100% accurate regarding free agency status

Last edited:
Also remember that if Freo are offering him 900k-1 mill as reported (and that's only now in april), we would be likely to get around an end of first round pick in compo if they were to offer the same amount in 2025 when he is a free agent.

For this reason, a single Freo pick in the mid to late teens this year is really of little incentive for us to trade him this year. And Freo aren't stupid, theyll know this.

The most important Trade and Draft period for the future of this club. I don't envy BH and the team.
I'm sure they'll pull it off though.
From everything i have read so far from people who know about this years draft and what they are saying is there is no clear #1-#5 top kids and its a very deep midfielders draft as well as being very even from 5-30

If that is truly the situation then perhaps we concentrate on having 6 picks inside 30 and not care too much about moving up to pcks 5-15 and what ever trades we get concentrate on maximizing value by taking 2025 picks as they are usually discounted

Based on one game? 🤣

Also remember that if Freo are offering him 900k-1 mill as reported (and that's only now in april), we would be likely to get around an end of first round pick in compo if they were to offer the same amount in 2025 when he is a free agent.

For this reason, a single Freo pick in the mid to late teens this year is really of little incentive for us to trade him this year. And Freo aren't stupid, theyll know this.
If you are trading out a player getting $900k+
YOU DEMAND A TOP 10 pick

Last edited:
He wasn't in the end. That's why he doesnt appear on the latest free agency list.

Listed on the Official AFL list

However there is this from the club website

So technically he was delisted, but then reinstated so I guess we need to wait until the AFL releases the official free agency bands list, which dictates if players are restricted or unrestricted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back