Nardz

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NUFC
possibility? we havent been getting out of him what we should be, and he would offer value to other clubs, perhaps we can get something good for him....

i just think his last 2 seasons have been rather poor. Perhaps both he and the club would advantage from this? maybe he can be reunited with his brother for one last season ;)

We probably cant afford to let him go just yet, as Cam Cloke is not ready to fill the whole in our team that Rocca will leave. Its more his presence than his ability to turn his game that is important to us. I would like to see Rocca play closer to goal and have tarrant the option across half forward.

why would u wana trade our best CHF?
its the key position on the field and we have no1 else to play there as it showed in last years grand final
we should be looking to offload
Cole-too inconsistant and wenever he gets the ball its ussaly a turnover
obree-he is a good player but we have too many players who play the way he does
dont trade our leaders or our key players they will always do the job we only have to look at the fringe players to either drastically improve there skills or trade them for players collingwood belives that we can make important first team players

symo said:
why would u wana trade our best CHF?
its the key position on the field and we have no1 else to play there as it showed in last years grand final
we should be looking to offload
Cole-too inconsistant and wenever he gets the ball its ussaly a turnover
obree-he is a good player but we have too many players who play the way he does
dont trade our leaders or our key players they will always do the job we only have to look at the fringe players to either drastically improve there skills or trade them for players collingwood belives that we can make important first team players

just think about what we could get for him?

regarding cole, i think we should keep him for another season or 2, shows great potential, just crumbles once he passes that half way line
obree; wouldnt be too upset to see him go....

NaDeR said:
just think about what we could get for him?

regarding cole, i think we should keep him for another season or 2, shows great potential, just crumbles once he passes that half way line
obree; wouldnt be too upset to see him go....

the only way we could trade rocca was for another dominante CHF or a CHB but with cole he has had a few years at the club but all he does is make easy mistakes, we could get a key player for him because he has so much potential but if he is to stay at collingwood we need our top coaches to work with him threw pre season to improve his desician making

I would only trade Rocca if we get Judd.
Richard Cole will be a great player, he is learning his craft in the backline until he is able to go on the wing. Richard Cole has improved his kicking immensly to the point that he is now a great kick. He has always been a good kick, but his kicking style needed tweaking as he always put it to far over his targets head or too short, other times he would get too much hangtime on kicks across the ground which are dangerous.
He is a naturaly creative player who is always looking to set up play and is perhaps a bit too ambitious at times and gets caught trying to play on.
He is a great young player and along with Didak will shape our midfield in years to come.

The players I would look to trade are:
Ryan Lonie: Has market value but has let us down immensly in the last 2 years. Would appeal to other clubs for his class and mix of size and speed. Is a very good kick too. Not a player we really need. It would be better to give a 1st or 2nd year player Lonie's spot.

Shane O'Bree: Also has market value as his best is pretty good and does acquire healthy stats pretty regualrly. We have too many midfielders and a medium paced inconsistant player with not many outstanding qualities is not the type we need. Could appeal to teams looking to add to midfield depth.

Simon Prestigiacomo: This is a big call but if we are to develop young key backs in Maxwell, J.Cloke and Walker why not offload our most heralded stopping defender while his market value is still intact. Clement and Wakelin would still be there to help out the youngsters. If Wakelin retires at the end of next year, which he could, it would be better to have J.Cloke, Walker or Maxwell with a year's worth of rotating at full back/chb than to shove them into the fray with out the experience. Would only trade Presti if we got some quality though as he is still relatively young.

jabso said:
I would only trade Rocca if we get Judd.
Richard Cole will be a great player, he is learning his craft in the backline until he is able to go on the wing. Richard Cole has improved his kicking immensly to the point that he is now a great kick. He has always been a good kick, but his kicking style needed tweaking as he always put it to far over his targets head or too short, other times he would get too much hangtime on kicks across the ground which are dangerous.
He is a naturaly creative player who is always looking to set up play and is perhaps a bit too ambitious at times and gets caught trying to play on.
He is a great young player and along with Didak will shape our midfield in years to come.

cole has the potential to be a star
for him to acheive is full potential he has to get taught descion making
i belive he goes on his gut instinct wich is good but sometimes he rushes wen he has time so he needs to be tought how to manage his time with the ball and were to kick it

I don't think his decision making is bad. It's just sporadic. Sometimes he does rush his moves or unsensibly play on, however at other times his decision making is great.
I think what made his decisions look so bad particualarly in the earlier part of the season was just his kicking but now he has improved tremendously.

jabso said:
I don't think his decision making is bad. It's just sporadic. Sometimes he does rush his moves or unsensibly play on, however at other times his decision making is great.
I think what made his decisions look so bad particualarly in the earlier part of the season was just his kicking but now he has improved tremendously.

ye i guess

obviously your a fan of cole
im not a massive fan

we could argue this for ages lol

just lets hope watever descion is made improves the collingwood footy club

i am a proud collingwood surporter and i wouldnt trade big anth for anything, hes a leader of the collingwood football club that we love, and who ever said we should think about it is a ******** head

rocca is a useless sack of ********e. too slow and inconsistent his stamina has always been a big problem plus hes a damn choker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jollygood said:
rocca is a useless sack of ********e. too slow and inconsistent his stamina has always been a big problem plus hes a damn choker

Apart from the fact that you are a tool, Pebs is actually a big game performer (when he is not injured or suspended) Any time someone says that, my mind wanders back to the 2002 grand final and the stellar performance he put in, kicked 4 out of 9 and was the only true focal point on the ground (sitting in the goal square getting frees dont count).

He must stay, for many reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

trade rocca?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back