List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Picks always drop. That's become the norm. This year looks less than recent years.

Carlton not being willing to trade 12, but offering future first and second for 13 shows how they rate this draft.

Sydney's first round pick and 22, which is an end of first round pick, may very well get you two kids that would be rated very firmly in the first round in most draft years.

If the draft is as deep as they say and outside say the top half dozen pretty even for the next 15 to 20 then Sydney's offer makes less sense. You do that type of deal when the draft pool is shallow.

I'd rather hold the picks they have than do a 2 for 1 exchange with GC.

It all gets done and the hold up is around who out of Collingwood and Port gets 23. If it’s Port we get Lord and if it’s us we throw in 36. That could be wildly wrong, but it’ll get done.
Agree, it's going to get done. Down to haggling over the final pick or two, it won't blow up over that.

It won’t be done until final day as both sides won’t Budge before that
Wont happen final day as that would be too late in case the deal fell through and Port had to try and deal with North or Carlton at the last minute.

If it doesn’t happen by Monday, Port will stop dealing with Collingwood and Collingwood will pull out of the race.

If the draft is as deep as they say and outside say the top half dozen pretty even for the next 15 to 20 then Sydney's offer makes less sense. You do that type of deal when the draft pool is shallow.

I'd rather hold the picks they have than do a 2 for 1 exchange with GC.
They'll all rate the group differently. Sydney may rate the top dozen and then see a gap.

Wont happen final day as that would be too late in case the deal fell through and Port had to try and deal with North or Carlton at the last minute.

If it doesn’t happen by Monday, Port will stop dealing with Collingwood and Collingwood will pull out of the race.
I’m backing it in to be a final day trade. If he doesn’t get to Collingwood he won’t move.

Can everyone please hurry up? I’ve had my moisturizer and tissues ready for a couple of days now and I’m getting restless
Come back Tuesday afternoon and trade might actually happen

Still have Tuesday but I do agree IF trade not close by Tuesday Night that port talks to North or just say F••K You we keeping Houston

Picks always drop. That's become the norm. This year looks less than recent years.

Carlton not being willing to trade 12, but offering future first and second for 13 shows how they rate this draft.

Sydney's first round pick and 22, which is an end of first round pick, may very well get you two kids that would be rated very firmly in the first round in most draft years.
But Sydney offered both those picks for 13. Two "first round like picks" for one seems bad.

I don't believe Carlton were in the Houston deal and that they would have traded pick 12 if they were.

It doesn't matter how good a draft is, there's always a chance of whiffing. Very hard to make one pick as good as two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's good that we're trying to hold onto 23. People may view Noble and Richards as minor pieces, but Noble was solidly in our best 23 and I reckon Richards would likely be in 2025 as well. It's another young player leaving after their first contract, we don't want to allow that to happen without pressing for value.
also both players that have genuine leg-speed

My bet is Monday next week. We forget that the Pies media team need to be in on the news early as they need prepare content on the player to have out on the day the trade goes through.

It’ll get done well before we know it.
Need someone at AIA Center to see IF he Turns Up

The hate Gery Lyon has for us is unreal.

When Houston initially wanted to come and play for Melbourne, I don't recall him saying "Port owe Houston nothing, send him to the club that can offer the most"

In fact when Houston wanted to get to Carlton there were no comments along those lines.

It's only when we are the front runners, do we now hear , Port need to get the best deal and that is Kangaroos or Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back