Trade Rumour Discussion II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Australian is reporting that Buntine and Bugg from GWS will be up for trade.
Couple of interesting ones there.
Bugg has already proven he can play and Buntine was rated pretty highly though he seems to be struggling.
Clubs will really be weighing things up if names like this are up for trade.
Eg- are you better using a second round pick or trading a player for Bugg than spending an early pick on Adams?
Plot thickens of this is true.

A.Maric, Lonergan and arguably Petterd were failures. Although they didn't cost a second round pick.

I wouldn't consider Petterd a failure at all. Was brought in as a rookie and played 12 AFL games. Far from our worst IMO.

Couple of interesting ones there.
Bugg has already proven he can play and Buntine was rated pretty highly though he seems to be struggling.
Clubs will really be weighing things up if names like this are up for trade.
Eg- are you better using a second round pick or trading a player for Bugg than spending an early pick on Adams?
Plot thickens of this is true.
i think someone like Viv Michie should be on our radar if Adams doesn't get to us(more than likely).Cheaper but injury phrone version of Adams.

Still seen as a free agent pick up, that's why it would be better to trade pick 100+ with the Cats, like what we did with Sydney for Morton.

Nah he's delisted. Doesn't affect compo at all. And to avoid it we will just wait a month to sign him if need be once compo has been given out.

Nah he's delisted. Doesn't affect compo at all. And to avoid it we will just wait a month to sign him if need be once compo has been given out.

Do you think we will get anything for White/Mcguane. 2nd rounder?

Do you think we will get anything for White/Mcguane. 2nd rounder?

For White yes. If the rumour of 400k for McGuane is true then we will get pick 32 after our own 2nd rounder. Though call me skeptical :p

@Stevo7AFL: Shaun Hampson to Richmond will be one of first trades to drop today, within hours. Deal ... Tigers give up second round pick ... High 20s.

Stevo with the breaking news. :D Also early 30's soon lol

@Stevo7AFL: Shaun Hampson to Richmond will be one of first trades to drop today, within hours. Deal ... Tigers give up second round pick ... High 20s.
Uh Oh let the.......
2r4shfr.jpg

Im not to fussed. As usual will be under developed coming from that spud team and will turn 26 by the start of next season. Still young and will be a reasonable addition. Better than the likes of the big o and Derickx. And if we can get a high second rounder for McGuanr (which would surprise me) then its a win.

I have total faith in our trade and drafting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely they wouldn't trade Buntine. Was a toss up between him and wingard for fourth pick from memory. I also thought he resigned with them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Just goes to show as we very well know,Just because they go early doesn't mean they will turnout as expected.

**** it.
I'm all for it.
These blokes have been all over it in recent years and I just can't help but think that they have indentified him as a starting ruckman.
There is actually every chance that he could flourish if that's the case.
Certainly don't think they've taken him to play forward pocket.

absolutely shattered.
not that we're getting a back ruck/fwd but because its so early into the trading period. The likes of longer lycett and giles might be still available if we dont trade so early, all of which have shown more than hampson

absolutely shattered.
not that we're getting a back ruck/fwd but because its so early into the trading period. The likes of longer lycett and giles might be still available if we dont trade so early, all of which have shown more than hampson

I think I would rather Hampson than Giles and Lycett.

Hampson would only make sense as 1st ruck. Just don't want to give up pick 30 for a 3rd/4th string ruck.

Surely we are trading back into the 2nd round.

absolutely shattered.
I know what you're saying but these blokes are all over it.
They know what we have as currency and whate every players worth is,or what the asking price will be.
All of those 3 would require a higher pick. Ours is pick 11.
That or the second rounder and a very decent player.
Would you do that?
I like that it gets done early. Re focus on what else we need.
I love the people responsible for building our list. They are awesome at it I reckon.

Hampson would only make sense as 1st ruck. Just don't want to give up pick 30 for a 3rd/4th string ruck.

Surely we are trading back into the 2nd round.
I reckon he will be number one Ruck.
Also hopefully don't need to trade into second round if we get a compensation pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back