Mega Thread Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we're a chance of getting Tippett from the Crows next year ? The Hun states that the Suns will most likely use their pick 4 for O'Meara from the GWS.

If so, we may be in with a chance.

Try to swing a 3 way deal involving Clark ? Or pick 16 & player to the Crows.

It's going to be an interesting Trade Week coming up!

I'd be very surprised if Tippett's going anywhere. Feels media-fabricated.

Yes possibly. There is going to be so much gossip, speculation, rumours floating around the next week or two.

I think that we should at least enquire about him...very strongly considering that he is a Qld boy.

Yes possibly. There is going to be so much gossip, speculation, rumours floating around the next week or two.

I think that we should at least enquire about him...very strongly considering that he is a Qld boy.

Genuine question: in our history how many 'Qld boys' have come 'home'?

The Murphy rejection wouldn't have been anywhere near as disappointing if the bloke we ended up taking that pick wasn't a lazy ingrate who threw it all away.

For the others who don't know who we're talking about, please reveal.

Ok, it's me who doesn't know.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Murphy rejection wouldn't have been anywhere near as disappointing if the bloke we ended up taking that pick wasn't a lazy ingrate who threw it all away.

We had some ordinary drafting, but that year was horrendous for us. From all ND, PSD & Rookie selections only Patfull and Stiller are still on the list.

For the others who don't know who we're talking about, please reveal.

Ok, it's me who doesn't know.....

rhan-420x0.jpg

In the words of Aerosmith- "Rhan away,Rhan away from the pain, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah". Oh well, at least Hawthorn were even stupider than us and picked him up even after seeing what a lazy **** he was

I'd be very surprised if Tippett's going anywhere. Feels media-fabricated.

Tippett is contracted until the end of 2012, but there appears to be some sort of feeling (quite possibly media driven) that the Crows may get more for him this year, if he decides he wants to go before his contract is finished.

I'd say its almost a certainty if Tippett were to become available, the Lions would make a play for his services. Dean Warren has already flagged that they would.

Tippett is contracted until the end of 2012, but there appears to be some sort of feeling (quite possibly media driven) that the Crows may get more for him this year, if he decides he wants to go before his contract is finished.

I'd say its almost a certainty if Tippett were to become available, the Lions would make a play for his services. Dean Warren has already flagged that they would.

Lets hope so Roy. He is the type of player we need. Would be interesting to see what they would seek draft pick/player wise ? Just hope that the Lions have learnt their lesson with the Braddy/Rischa fiasco.

Yeah, I'm aware of all that - it just has a media-fabricated feel to it. *shrug* Time will tell.

Would be interesting to see what they would seek draft pick/player wise ? Just hope that the Lions have learnt their lesson with the Braddy/Rischa fiasco.

They would be wanting Redden or Polec

I agree with Cotter...their starting point would certainly be those boys...I'd imagine we would flat out deny that request, offer something along the lines of one of Collier/Cornelius/Retzlaff and a pick and then a stalemate would ensue, probably resulting in no trade being done.

Not sure how serious people are in regards to Tippett and the interest in getting him to us, but if we were to have a crack this year would this be enough to get him. This is assuming we recieve the compo pick in the Mitch trade

Lions: Tippett & Pick 10
Crows: Pick 8 & Palmer Compo Pick

I assume they would want a player, probably a South Australian but I do not like the idea of giving up either Redden or Polec.

GC's pick 4 probably looks better to the Crows but if it comes to next year and they only recieve a second round pick tops then surely they have to look at everything.

Not sure how serious people are in regards to Tippett and the interest in getting him to us, but if we were to have a crack this year would this be enough to get him. This is assuming we recieve the compo pick in the Mitch trade

Lions: Tippett & Pick 10
Crows: Pick 8 & Palmer Compo Pick

Shit no. Terrible deal for the Crows. A very slight pick upgrade and an end of first round pick. Not even in the ballpark of a reasonable offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back