Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they seem to be just doing things to show that they are "THE BOSSES". they found nothing wrong with the deal for buddy back then, so why drop this now when teams might have had deals lined up with the Swans to trade for players and or picks !!!they are penalising the other teams as well with this decision. too many rules at the last minute these days and most of them SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Means Sydney are vulnerable. About time.

Whiley and jaksch... 2 blokes that couldnt get a run in a wooden spoon side... pick 60 odd should be enuff going on the jeffy deal.
that "wooden spoon side" as you called it, is chock-a-block full of kids that are multiple choices for the same position. Whether it is kpp/mids or flankers etc and they are in a similar age bracket, so it is difficult for all of them to get a regular game. This means that some of them only get a game when there are injuries to their so called "best" players and the others have to bide their time, and that is why some want to return to their home states. This does not mean they are no good, it means they are just held back in their development. This wooden spoon team (which they were not this year) are building up a great list and are only down the bottom because their kids are developing, and once these "kids" become seasoned then look out !!! This is the time to get these players before GWS sees how good they can be, because they will tie them to longer contracts once they know who the gold nuggets really are. The other clubs......(like us).......just have to hope that we can actually pick up some gems while they are still reaching their full potential..........we have to hope that our recruitment guys can see that potential in them now. ;)

Whiley has only ever been a tagging mid wonder why we would be keen, hoping he turns out like the other finley boys :D

If we are after something extra in the 7 for Jaksch, Whiley and 19 deal I wouldn't mind if we tried to somehow get James Stewart to the club.

I've only seen him play a couple of games on TV, but while raw he seems to have all the attributes, and he could develop with Giles to give us a very strong big man core going forward.

Plus imagine the looks on the pies faces when he became a star for us :cry:
mentioned this a few times but reckon gws will keep him as they rate him highly

Sorry for the intrusion guy but really think that Carlton way too eager to "Buy" Jacksh and kind of reminds me a little like the Hampson trade last year where we had made up our minds and were going to get him and paid overs.

O'Rourke was a #2 and went to the hawks for #19 a 17 place downgrade on his draft position
Jacksh was #12 & #28 alone should be reasonable market value for him, perhaps he is worth a little more maybe around #21/#22 but giving up a prized pick #7 no matter what comes back is a big price to pay. Pick #19 is a good pick but doesnt really get you the Elite type of player #7 will

Another thing to consider is that Jacksh really only had 2 maybe 3 suitors StKilda,Doggies,Blues and he has selected the Blues but I dont really see Stkilda bending over backwards to get him specially with their high 2nd round selection which looks to be about his value & The Doggies that are Desperate for talls should be itching to get Jacksh involved in the Griffen deal if he was a great KPP surely they could have him with #4+#19+Jacksh which is pretty much the same outcome for GWS

Regarding Whiley,I know that Miles has worked out well for the tigers but have you guys noticed that there really isnt many clubs after him and he is after all just a Rookie selection from a diluted draft that hasnt really shown much at AFL Level -He is as another poster mentioned a #60-#80 type selection and shouldn't be looked at as much of an incentive to get the deal over the line.

#28 or walk away should be the line of thinking from Carlton
Want a job as our list manager?

Cheers. I'm only going by the phantoms, which suggest this isn't a fantastic year for rucks.

No worries! Well i haven't seen many of them, but Pittonet impressed me and my father when we went to the Metro v Country match in Geelong. Very good tap work to the advantage of his mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE_GUN speaketh thy thruth

Ask THE_GUN to thoroughly explain as to why Durdin will be a better player than Jaksch.
Ask THE_GUN also who we intend taking at #19 and what type of player that will be.
Don't forget to ask THE_GUN to tell us all about Whiley and why we may have interest in him. What do we see?

I, too would sooner we picked up Jaskch for peanuts but any reasoning that starts of by using the O'Rourke example of, #2=#19, hence #12 should=#28 is awfully simplistic and extended out would have us calling Watts a better player than Beams because he was picked up 28 spots earlier.

I'm neither here nor there on the outcome, because frankly I haven't the inside knowledge Rogers and company have.
Given that Rogers said, it would have to be something special to prise #7 out of our hands, we'll have to see just how special that is to be.

Disappointment is inevitable regardless of the result.

Is it though?

Nobody would be complaining if pick 7 wasn't on the table, or if we had asked for higher ranked player than Whiley.

I'll be livid if we give up pick 7 in this deal unless a much higher rated player is included in the deal.

aye, and we may have to wait 2-3 years before calling the trade a sucess or failure

Not even necessarily that long as Jaksch and Whiley have been in the system for a couple of years already.

If all these guys tick off all the qualities we want from players and the sum of the three players is better for the CFC than for the player we believe we'd get at pick number 7, then why not?

How do we even know that Boyd & Treloar have made overtures to make it to Carlton next year?
O.K. that's a reach but list management isn't just about the now...........you have to know the future.

Is it though?

Nobody would be complaining if pick 7 wasn't on the table, or if we had asked for higher ranked player than Whiley.

Perhaps not, but doubt that would be the case. We've all seen how powerful a public forum can get.

How can anyone honestly be disappointed in one result? We should wait to see the sum of the parts before making too many hero calls.

True, but we do encourage everyone to have a say or an opinion (rightly or wrongly). In front of a computer screen (or mobile device) makes it too easy these days.

Last edited:
Must say as much as I like Rogers' candour, I'm not exactly sure why he needed to state this.

Anyone?
Anyone got Rogers number as I am keen to invite him to my weekly poker game? I reckon if he got dealt pocket aces he would be so excited he would drop the cards.

You say this kind of thing after you seal the deal. At this rate we are going to give up pick 7 and 28 for Jaksch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back