Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone got Rogers number as I am keen to invite him to my weekly poker game? I reckon if he got dealt pocket aces he would be so excited he would drop the cards.

You say this kind of thing after you seal the deal. At this rate we are going to give up pick 7 and 28 for Jaksch.

Haha or do the classic big 'sigh'....im all in. This ones my favourite.

Sorry for the intrusion guy but really think that Carlton way too eager to "Buy" Jacksh and kind of reminds me a little like the Hampson trade last year where we had made up our minds and were going to get him and paid overs.

O'Rourke was a #2 and went to the hawks for #19 a 17 place downgrade on his draft position
Jacksh was #12 & #28 alone should be reasonable market value for him, perhaps he is worth a little more maybe around #21/#22 but giving up a prized pick #7 no matter what comes back is a big price to pay. Pick #19 is a good pick but doesnt really get you the Elite type of player #7 will

Another thing to consider is that Jacksh really only had 2 maybe 3 suitors StKilda,Doggies,Blues and he has selected the Blues but I dont really see Stkilda bending over backwards to get him specially with their high 2nd round selection which looks to be about his value & The Doggies that are Desperate for talls should be itching to get Jacksh involved in the Griffen deal if he was a great KPP surely they could have him with #4+#19+Jacksh which is pretty much the same outcome for GWS

Regarding Whiley,I know that Miles has worked out well for the tigers but have you guys noticed that there really isnt many clubs after him and he is after all just a Rookie selection from a diluted draft that hasnt really shown much at AFL Level -He is as another poster mentioned a #60-#80 type selection and shouldn't be looked at as much of an incentive to get the deal over the line.

#28 or walk away should be the line of thinking from Carlton
Quoted for the truth. Jaksch has shown SFA at AFL level, other than a great goal against us. It should be #28 or nothing, let him to go the Saints in the preseason draft. Pick #7 will draft a potential gun this year, it should only be traded for Jaksch and an established, starting 22 player (Greene etc..)

Why is Griff worth both pick 4 and 7?
Would not pick 7 be sufficient?

Brisbane consider pick 5 and 20 something appropriate for Beams
Collingwood don't though.

Once contracted players start pushing clubs around, that just cheapens contracts so much. If players want to sign long contracts and get the financial stability, then be prepared to fulfill them. Free agency is now around so sign short contracts if you want flexibility to move clubs.

All well and good to say that you rated KJ at 5 in 2012 but what has he shown since then to justify it?

7 games for the worst team in the competition. A team that was crying out for key defenders. Look, I'm sure he has upside. Most players do. But his value can only have gone down since 2012. if not, more clubs would be chasing him. Huge money would be coming his way. But it isn't.

I think there is a lot of room here to question what we should be paying for him. The club has a tricky balancing act on its hands right now. Pick 7 is going to look like overs to most people. The backlash will be enormous if he doesn't perform well.

Collingwood don't though.

Once contracted players start pushing clubs around, that just cheapens contracts so much. If players want to sign long contracts and get the financial stability, then be prepared to fulfill them. Free agency is now around so sign short contracts if you want flexibility to move clubs.

Yes to fulfilling contracts and no to short term deals.. It's not true FA because you need to satisfy a certain number of years of service to qualify as FA, thus making signing short term contract moot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the intrusion guy but really think that Carlton way too eager to "Buy" Jacksh and kind of reminds me a little like the Hampson trade last year where we had made up our minds and were going to get him and paid overs.

O'Rourke was a #2 and went to the hawks for #19 a 17 place downgrade on his draft position
Jacksh was #12 & #28 alone should be reasonable market value for him, perhaps he is worth a little more maybe around #21/#22 but giving up a prized pick #7 no matter what comes back is a big price to pay. Pick #19 is a good pick but doesnt really get you the Elite type of player #7 will

Another thing to consider is that Jacksh really only had 2 maybe 3 suitors StKilda,Doggies,Blues and he has selected the Blues but I dont really see Stkilda bending over backwards to get him specially with their high 2nd round selection which looks to be about his value & The Doggies that are Desperate for talls should be itching to get Jacksh involved in the Griffen deal if he was a great KPP surely they could have him with #4+#19+Jacksh which is pretty much the same outcome for GWS

Regarding Whiley,I know that Miles has worked out well for the tigers but have you guys noticed that there really isnt many clubs after him and he is after all just a Rookie selection from a diluted draft that hasnt really shown much at AFL Level -He is as another poster mentioned a #60-#80 type selection and shouldn't be looked at as much of an incentive to get the deal over the line.

This is kind of a free shot for detractors. You won't know until these guys make it or get delisted. People will look at #7 and revisit when he plays a good game. It will take years to find out the full effect. Even then you will have to guess who we would have taken at #7.

A few points here. You say you don't see St Kilda bending over backwards to take Jaksch but you concede their second rounder is closer to his value than ours. So they don't have to bend over do they? It's up to us to offer more to match them. Saints can also lay in wait in the PSD if we don't come to the party.

You also mention that he nominated Carlton, then suggest that if he was a good KPP, Doggies would be itching to have him involved in the Griffen deal. That first part makes the second part redundant.

Jaksch has just turned 20 and has two years in the system, coming in as a slightly build 194cm KPP who has grown to 196cm. What did you want him to show at this stage?

O'Rourke is not comparable to Jaksch. Mids come on faster and he hasn't come on. His form is no better than Jaksch and has probably been worse. As it stands O'Rourke's value is lower than Jaksch's. People are comparing apples with oranges. I'm hoping that as a former #12 draft pick, we can hold on to Lucas long enough so he can leave as a free agent and we can get #3 for him, like Frawley who was also a #12 pick.

Whiley was not a rookie. He is senior listed and he was an original zone selection so he was actually removed from the draft and one of the reasons the draft was diluted. He also remained on the list when Miles was delisted.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that our chances of getting Mitchell might have improved.

I'd approach Sydney and see if they are now interested in dropping his salary, for a second rounder so they can bring in an extra kid on lower dollars.

I thought exactly the same thing when the news came out about the Swans yesterday.

i wonder what the club have planned for 19?

Midfielder seems the only possibility, but it would be fascinating to know who they are looking at. Surely all the obvious candidates will be long gone. Could it be another hidden gem like Cripps? Maybe someone away from the spotlight a bit. They must be pretty confident if they are even considering it.

Excellent work as a desktop recruiter, but ORourke was probably closer to pick 10 in most peoples eyes a month before the draft (I was hopefully Carlton would pick him with 11). I think as the players develop we are starting to question some of SOS's selection. 3 for Ploughman a slow undersized CHB? 2 for ORourke?

The mighty Knightmare had Jaksch in the 20s so maybe we should be looking at trading pick 43*.

At the end of the day Rogers has to back his judgement in and not worry about what everyone else thinks.

It is funny how the phantom drafts change in October November even though the players haven't kicked a ball for 2 months. Just Group think in action.

i wonder what the club have planned for 19?

Midfielder seems the only possibility, but it would be fascinating to know who they are looking at. Surely all the obvious candidates will be long gone. Could it be another hidden gem like Cripps? Maybe someone away from the spotlight a bit. They must be pretty confident if they are even considering it.

Have no idea but you can start looking for a quick mid-fielder with good disposal for starters.

So we pay pick 7 for a guy we rate at 12-15?

interesting logic.

and #19 and maybe a bloke that would be rated top 20 if was a 2014 draft prospect.

These underdeveloped, "crap" players that you haven't heard of are worth far more than you think.

For #7 we get 3 top 20 rated players. 2 of them are ready to go, (yes some development required but they have the tools to play in the ones straight away).

No brainer. What's the hold up.

Compare the two.

yep then go look at Miles NEAFL 2013 compared to Whiley's 2014.
Then take a peek at Mitchell's NEAFL stats.

Many of us are happy to give up #7 if Tom Mitchell was part of the equation.

Whiley should be rated somewhere between Mitchell & Miles and a lot better than O'Rourke.

yep then go look at Miles NEAFL 2013 compared to Whiley's 2014.
Then take a peek at Mitchell's NEAFL stats.

Many of us are happy to give up #7 if Tom Mitchell was part of the equation.

Whiley should be rated somewhere between Mitchell & Miles and a lot better than O'Rourke.
But it's so much easier to follow the group think and just assume Whiley is no good because you don't know who he is :p

But it's so much easier to follow the group think and just assume Whiley is no good because you don't know who he is :p

Yet again we are in furious agreement. :)

These underdeveloped, "crap" players that you haven't heard of are worth far more than you think. Particularily the ones obscured by being zone selections as so not having the "profile" attached to a No 2 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back