Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sloane declares internally that his preference is Essendon (say).

How would we feel about a 2018 fifth round pick for Francis, and a 2019 first round pick for Orazio and a 2018 second?

Plus we "agree" not to match?

Instead of having to give up their first and second for Sloane, Essendon get Sloane and a 2018 first for Orazio, Francis and a 2017 second?

And instead of getting a first and a second for Sloane - we get a compo first, a second, Orazio and Francis for a first round pick and Sloane? That'd be five picks in the first 28, plus Dahlhaus and the Essendon signings?
I like your thinking . Not sure it gets ticked off by the AFL/other clubs

You forgot to add draft sanctions to the In: list
Why? Which of the trades don't seem to be close to commercial value?

The AFL will just block it if they don't like it. They don't put sanctions against two clubs trying to make a trade. And since the Hawthorn and St Kilda pick trades, they don't even block trades anymore.

Why? Which of the trades don't seem to be close to commercial value?

The AFL will just block it if they don't like it. They don't put sanctions against two clubs trying to make a trade. And since the Hawthorn and St Kilda pick trades, they don't even block trades anymore.

It has to smell ultra fishy for the AFL to get involved and block a trade, as opposed to the trade just appearing a bit lopsided. Ie it has to look like there’s some under the table shit going on, otherwise it’s “play on”

Fair enough... Curious as to why? The very little I've seen of him has been impressive.
He’s in my DT so watch him closely. Just not good in the contest, lazy in defensive running and often flat footed. Not great speed.
Runs to position well because he has no one really playing on him.
He’s benefiting from Geelongs strong inside mids.

If Talia goes down how fragile does the backline look?
I think Tom Mc Donald would be a good get.
Would like to secure a player with a burst of speed that can break the lines in this trade period. If Milera or Galluci step up then not so much an issue.
Thoughts on Sloane for Pruess and swap of 1sts.

If Talia goes down how fragile does the backline look?
I think Tom Mc Donald would be a good get.
Would like to secure a player with a burst of speed that can break the lines in this trade period. If Milera or Galluci step up then not so much an issue.
Thoughts on Sloane for Pruess and swap of 1sts.

I would say Sloane going to North is pure fantasy regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those interested in how Live Trading works the NFL Draft starts at 9.30. I think its easier in the NFL as they draft (mostly) for need ie positional rather than best and make it fit. This helps LT because if you see 3 teams behind you that dont need the positional player that you DO need you can trade back but pick up an extra picks further down

Ahh watch it they make more sense than I do

For those interested in how Live Trading works the NFL Draft starts at 9.30. I think its easier in the NFL as they draft (mostly) for need ie positional rather than best and make it fit. This helps LT because if you see 3 teams behind you that dont need the positional player that you DO need you can trade back but pick up an extra picks further down

Ahh watch it they make more sense than I do
And there is a lot more talent so late picks are actually valuable. Nobody cares about a 5th round pick in the AFL.

Get One of the big 3 SA boys in this yeats draft
Target Grundy when he's out of contract
Orazio
And someone like Day depending how he goes this year
Also target a Ruck in the draft. Because I'm not sure how ROB is travelling

I reckon if Lynch were to depart then Bailey Dale (who IIRC is an SA lad) would be a good replacement.

Rangy, moves well, can take a grab and good around goals...plus still young.

Nup Wangaratta boy/Dandenong Stingrays, perhaps you have him mixed up with Bailey Williams/Glenelg.

Get One of the big 3 SA boys in this yeats draft
Target Grundy when he's out of contract
Orazio
And someone like Day depending how he goes this year
Also target a Ruck in the draft. Because I'm not sure how ROB is travelling
Day...no thanks, big, athletic, zero footy nous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back