List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats one of only 3 AFL goals

Stats say he’s no better than Farrell, who we already have.

Probaby no better than Woodcock or Cox who are forwards we already have.

Might be better than Steven Motlop who is a forward (now?) we already have.

It appears we're aiming for a forward line of Cox, Dixon, Woodcock, Cox, and Wood.

Hes the best junior KPf ive seen since Pavlich.

Hes playing for what is probably the worst team since Fitzroy with a terrible midfield group.

His performances this year are entirely on par with the majority of other gun KPFs over the last 15 years

Every Gold Coast game I watch he's usually playing as a second tall down back. Would love to see him get a decent stint up forward

Hes the best junior KPf ive seen since Pavlich.

Hes playing for what is probably the worst team since Fitzroy with a terrible midfield group.

His performances this year are entirely on par with the majority of other gun KPFs over the last 15 years

Most recent KPF haven't developed the same as their junior form. Boyd, Schache, Patton, Watts etc have not come on despite the hype in their draft years. Junior form is just not a good enough indicator of AFL ability for these players as far as I can tell.

The closest comparison to someone in his position is Jeremy Cameron or Tom Lynch in GWS/GC's debut year. They got flogged every week - and yet Cameron still kicked 29 goals (1.8 goals/game) including 6 games with 3+ goals and looked genuinely threatening at times. Tom Lynch in Gold Coasts' debut year also kicked 15 goals (1.1 goal/game from 13 games) and had 2 games with 3+ goals, as well as 6 games with 3+ contested marks which would become his strength.

Lukosius has been nowhere near this level in any game in 2019. He has 3 goals from 11 games forward (3 of which they won), has taken at most 2 contested marks in a game (3 total from rounds 1-11) and had a disposal efficiency of 56%!

Since moving to defence in round 12 Lukosius has increased his average possessions from 8.4 to 14.5. His disposal efficiency has also risen from 56% to 79% since round 12 but his 56% disposal efficiency forward is much worse than Cameron and Lynch had with DE% of 65% and 74% in their first years up forward, and yet this is apparently his strength?

Note: all stats taken from footywire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every Gold Coast game I watch he's usually playing as a second tall down back. Would love to see him get a decent stint up forward
They probably would like him to actually touch the footy so makes sense to have him down back.

2 of 3.

Charlie Cameron possibly limits his opportunity at Brisbane.
Here i don't think S.GRAY has a deal yet?
We only hope for players currently on our list.
They're all maybe maybe not.

Most recent KPF haven't developed the same as their junior form. Boyd, Schache, Patton, Watts etc have not come on despite the hype in their draft years. Junior form is just not a good enough indicator of AFL ability for these players as far as I can tell.
If you want recent, Oscar Allen literally just got Rising Star nominated in his second year of AFL. Beating out Fogarty in his second year.

There is no reason to think Lukosius has gone backward from when we certainly wouldve drafted him had we had pick 2.

And yes, tall forwards early are risky, but you get the best ones by accepting the risk. It is far easier to draft smalls but then you’ve got smalls

The closest comparison to someone in his position is Jeremy Cameron or Tom Lynch in GWS/GC's debut year. They got flogged every week - and yet Cameron still kicked 29 goals (1.8 goals/game) including 6 games with 3+ goals and looked genuinely threatening at times. Tom Lynch in Gold Coasts' debut year also kicked 15 goals (1.1 goal/game from 13 games) and had 2 games with 3+ goals, as well as 6 games with 3+ contested marks which would become his strength.

Lukosius has been nowhere near this level in any game in 2019. He has 3 goals from 11 games forward (3 of which they won), has taken at most 2 contested marks in a game (3 total from rounds 1-11) and had a disposal efficiency of 56%!

Since moving to defence in round 12 Lukosius has increased his average possessions from 8.4 to 14.5. His disposal efficiency has also risen from 56% to 79% since round 12 but his 56% disposal efficiency forward is much worse than Cameron and Lynch had with DE% of 65% and 74% in their first years up forward, and yet this is apparently his strength?

Note: all stats taken from footywire

You are putting a lot of weight on the shoulders of an 18yo in his first year playing for a shit club with a shit team in a place he does not want to be. Comparisons to 1 or 2 players don't really mean much.

Has Luko kicked as many goals as Ben King?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King has kicked 12. King is playing at FF.

Lukosius was basically playing on a wing in his first few months, then has gone to the backline since.

If you want recent, Oscar Allen literally just got Rising Star nominated in his second year of AFL. Beating out Fogarty in his second year.

There is no reason to think Lukosius has gone backward from when we certainly wouldve drafted him had we had pick 2.

And yes, tall forwards early are risky, but you get the best ones by accepting the risk. It is far easier to draft smalls but then you’ve got smalls

My point is that tall forwards' draft year is often the least accurate to their actual performance in the AFL. Yes if they can live up to it you get an incredible talent, but we shouldn't be recruiting someone on their draft year now that we've seen them in the AFL system. And when compared to other players in a similar position he's well behind.

You are putting a lot of weight on the shoulders of an 18yo in his first year playing for a s**t club with a s**t team in a place he does not want to be. Comparisons to 1 or 2 players don't really mean much.

I'm literally just showing stats for the most fair comparisons there are available.

There's plenty more players stats though if thats what you want - Schache, Watts, McCartin, Boyd, Day, Weideman - all top 10 picks and none have lived up to the pre-draft hype. And remarkably they've all got similar stats to Lukosius in their debut years. The guys who have actually delivered have shown way more in their debut seasons like Cameron, Lynch and Daniher.

No matter how good Lukosius looked in his draft year, we should not be throwing everything at him when chances are on exposed form and history he is not worth it.

My point is that tall forwards' draft year is often the least accurate to their actual performance in the AFL. Yes if they can live up to it you get an incredible talent, but we shouldn't be recruiting someone on their draft year now that we've seen them in the AFL system. And when compared to other players in a similar position he's well behind.

I'm literally just showing stats for the most fair comparisons there are available.

There's plenty more players stats though if thats what you want - Schache, Watts, McCartin, Boyd, Day, Weideman - all top 10 picks and none have lived up to the pre-draft hype. And remarkably they've all got similar stats to Lukosius in their debut years. The guys who have actually delivered have shown way more in their debut seasons like Cameron, Lynch and Daniher.

No matter how good Lukosius looked in his draft year, we should not be throwing everything at him when chances are on exposed form and history he is not worth it.

You are picking and choosing players to suit your argument. Why is Cameron similar to Lukosius? One was playing out of FF, the other on a flank, a wing and down back. Ditto Lynch.

Daniher kicked 3 goal in 5 games in his debut season and looked like a baby giraffe learning to walk.
Josh Kennedy kicked 18 goals in his first 28 games across 3 seasons, everyone wrote him off before becoming the 2nd most prolific goalscorer of the last 15 years
J Riewoldt averaged 6 touches a game and kicked 7 goals in 8 games in his first year. Looked out of his depth
N Riewoldt kicked 2 goals in 6 games in his first year playing the exact role that Luko was playing early in the season

There are many others in the same boat.

You do raise a fair point that KPF's over the last 5-6 years have struggled compared to their pre draft reputation.

If he's available for cheaper and we can get him, then happy days.

Joe Daniher only played 5 games in his debut year for 3 goals

Lukosius isnt even being played forward. Are we condemning Rozee as a s**t mid for not being played there yet?

Yep, he did. He also averaged over 5 marks a game (Lukosius averaged 2.8 while playing forward), 12.2 disposals a game (lukosius 8.5 while forward), had disposal efficiency of 67% (lukosius 56% while forward) and 6 contested marks from his 5 games (lukosius managed 3 from his 11 games). Daniher's stats are what I want to see from Lukosius. But he's behind, in every. single. category.

And just on Rozee.. He comes out ahead of the majority of comparable players. Look at his first year versus Chad's first year - Rozee wins hands down (more marks, disposals, goals, behinds, tackles etc).

Show me a comparable player that has delivered on pre-draft hype that has had a debut year like Lukosius'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back