List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boak said the same yesterday and seemed completely unfazed by the request.
The really disappointing part of this story is not the "financially insecure" insinuation. The disappointing part is that we clearly have no plans for a Marque signing for 2020. We obviously had space under the 2020 salary cap for a free agent like Coniglio or a high profile trade like Lukosious. We apparently have given up hope of landing anyone of note in October and will rely on organic growth for our 2020 celebrations.

Disappointing.

We apparently offered more money to Adam Tomlinson than any other club chasing him, he just doesn't want to move to Adelaide.

This suggests next years salary planning isn't that dire. Change beckons though.

People not wanting to move their career because of a perception of a city it pretty silly.

Good news for us however

The really disappointing part of this story is not the "financially insecure" insinuation. The disappointing part is that we clearly have no plans for a Marque signing for 2020. We obviously had space under the 2020 salary cap for a free agent like Coniglio or a high profile trade like Lukosious. We apparently have given up hope of landing anyone of note in October and will rely on organic growth for our 2020 celebrations.

Disappointing.

I don't doubt for a moment Port would make a move on Lukosius if the opportunity was there. The issue there is more around trade capital not salary cap.

There was a rumour we inquired about Coniglio and were told he wouldn't move to SA. Ditto Tomlinson.

I'm over 'marquee' signings anyway. Ryder, Dixon, Watts, Motlop, Rockliff - have they made us any better?

Fair enough.

I can't read the full articles. Are they mostly speculative?

I think they all come from a single source which was a tweet on AFL trade radio that Amon had rejected Port's contract offer and was considering a move back to Victoria.

Arsene Wenger has since poured cold water on that report anyway.

I think they all come from a single source which was a tweet on AFL trade radio that Amon had rejected Port's contract offer and was considering a move back to Victoria.

Arsene Wenger has since poured cold water on that report anyway.
I think the author Sam Edmund has unsurprisingly used some creative journalism and noted that he has not signed and inferred that he is going to ask for a trade. My information is that this is false. He wants to stay. However, it is silly season, so who knows what the truth is....

I don't doubt for a moment Port would make a move on Lukosius if the opportunity was there. The issue there is more around trade capital not salary cap.

There was a rumour we inquired about Coniglio and were told he wouldn't move to SA. Ditto Tomlinson.

I'm over 'marquee' signings anyway. Ryder, Dixon, Watts, Motlop, Rockliff - have they made us any better?
There is a big difference between targeting players whose teams are happy to let them go for the right price as we have done versus targetting players that teams want to keep at any price like Coniglio and Lukosius.

A different calibre of player to Rockliff, Watts, Motlop etc.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We apparently offered more money to Adam Tomlinson than any other club chasing him, he just doesn't want to move to Adelaide.

This suggests next years salary planning isn't that dire. Change beckons though.

Which should be grounds for termination by itself.

Would have cost big money for someone that wouldn't address any issues at all we have, not to mention he's bog average in everything he does.

Tomlinson - wow. Would become a massive whipping boy playing for us on big coin.

Whoever had that idea should be stripped of any input in to trades immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the author Sam Edmund has unsurprisingly used some creative journalism and noted that he has not signed and inferred that he is going to ask for a trade. My information is that this is false. He wants to stay. However, it is silly season, so who knows what the truth is....

I would think that Karl’s manager, Liam Pickering is providing Sam with this info.

Which should be grounds for termination by itself.

Would have cost big money for someone that wouldn't address any issues at all we have, not to mention he's bog average in everything he does.

Tomlinson - wow. Would become a massive whipping boy playing for us on big coin.

Whoever had that idea should be stripped of any input in to trades immediately.

Sounds just like his sister.

Someone’s going to have to break out the chalkboard and math this underspend for me.

As I understand it you can spend 95% of your TPP this year and carry the remaining 5% into next season - let’s call in $500k. For simplicity, let’s also assume that next year we are projecting to pay 100% of our TPP.

When Boak and a few other move salary from this year to next year it increases our roll forward underspend by $500k but 1:1 also increases next years payments by $500k. How does that increase or available spend next season? It makes 0 net different right?

Unless there is some multiplier in the AFL’s equation that I’m missing or a Lukosius hidden in this year’s workings then I call bullshit on this being for cap management.

Last edited:
Someone’s going to have to break out the chalkboard and math this underspend for me.

As I understand it you can spend 95% of your TPP this year and carry the remaining 5% into next season - let’s call in $500k. For simplicity, let’s also assume that next year we are projecting to pay 100% of our TPP.

When Boak and a few other move salary from this year to next year it increase our roll forward underspend by $500k but 1:1 also increase next year payments by $500k. How does that increase or available spend next season? It makes 0 net different right?

Unless there is some multiplier in the AFL’s equation that I’m missing or a Lukosius hidden in this year’s workings then I call bulls**t on this being for cap management.
Perhaps they are finding money to pay out Hinkley in a few weeks time.

I think with St Kilda and Marshall they want him to play as a key forward, so want to bring in a ruckmen that allows that to happen.

I'd just stick with Marshall in the ruck personally

Will Hayward and Brandan Parfitt are two that interest me. Both in the age bracket were after (20 and 21 respectively), both from SA, and both out of contract at the end of 2020. Lukosius is as well. Any chance this salary rollover business has anything to do with planning some big plays end of 2020? Need to stockpile some picks as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back