List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** I’m absolutely shattered right now.

I couldn’t handle Wingard getting traded last year, now the club spins the wheel of misfortune and it lands on my buddy.

I’m dreading seeing the clubs tweet with Howard photoshopped into another clubs jumper.

So we get rid of frampton, ryder and howard. The aim is to rid our club of all tall athletes? Ken has learnt nothing from failing with an undersized forward line, now we want an equally undersize defence?

I grew up with the maggies. Have 2 PB guernseys. Bang on about our history to anyone who will listen. Im the exact target demographic to get into our 150th.

I have NEVER felt less connection to this club. I hate every decision we are making on and off the field. I hate Ken and i hate that i fell for his shtick for years.

Ryder - finished
Billy - hack
Howard - 24 not currently in best side? For a first round pick no problem with that at all. Maybe more so because he's been made out to be a far better player than hes shown so far.
Howard has spoilt the fun I used to have laughing at Crows supporters and "the next McLeod".

I don't think we have as much trade value for Howard now as we would have if he had initiated it.

Fairly ridiculous to tell someone to go explore their options and to get them to nominate a club, then also say you're demanding a first round pick.

Almost as ridiculous as expecting anybody to pay full price for a perma-injured small forward who is undertaking hip surgery and who has made it clear he is leaving... but that's another story.

Um how the fu** are we going to get something out off saint Kilda?

We are gunning for Nathan Burke’s helmet as part of the big plan to bring back Jake Neade as a power forward of the Wayne Henwood ilk.

Our drafting and trading have been fabulous.

Our management in terms of contracts etc.... maybe not so much. We should have signed a lot of players much earlier than we did. Frampton, Jackson Trengove, and Polec jump to mind.
You realise that drafting, trading and player contracts all fall under list management right? It's been arse. I can't even give us a pass mark on drafting. I usually rate who we draft, but we subsequently f**k those players off at the age of 22/23, so how could anyone give it a pass mark?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s clearly behind Dixon, Lycett, Marshall, and Ladhams and I think will fall behind Sam Hayes.

As a defender he has more value long term but is likely to be behind Jonas and Clurey until one of them retires. As well as Watts and Westhoff.

So I think it’s fair to say he’s likely to he out of our best 22 at least until Westhoff, Dixon, Watts and Jonas start retiring.

If he didn’t play for us and wanted to come here I dare say we wouldn’t want to pay a first rounder for him.

I honestly think I could go either way on keeping or trading him. If like many on here I had no faith in our list management I would probably be freaking out, but IMO we have absolutely aced it in recent years.

I’m also sure we have a better KPF in our sights anyway. Which would make trading Howard out for high value even more astute.

I dunno maybe I’m a “happy clapper” but I still have plenty of optimism about next year if we can get two forwards from this trade period that can slot into our first 22. To me that’s worth the risk of us not being able to replace Howard within the next 2-3 years as Westhoff, Watts and Dixon retire.

Excluding the drafting of Rozee, Duursma and Butters, our drafting, development and player trading has been poor. The 3 young amigos are excellent prospects but it's given many a false sense of security as the team around them is inconsistent and unstable.

Excluding the drafting of Rozee, Duursma and Butters, our drafting, development and player trading has been poor. The 3 young amigos are excellent prospects but it's given many a false sense of security as the team around them is inconsistent and unstable.
The list at large may seem a flaming bin fire but look we have been playing these three exciting kids & Ken deserves credit for that - G. Poobah

“Dougal is aware that if a suitable outcome for our club cannot be reached, that he will remain a Port Adelaide player in 2020.”

“Chad is aware that unless an acceptable trade can be struck, that he will be playing for Port Adelaide in 2019."

“Dougal is aware that if a suitable outcome for our club cannot be reached, that he will remain a Port Adelaide player in 2020.”

“Chad is aware that unless an acceptable trade can be struck, that he will be playing for Port Adelaide in 2019."

At least they paraphrased rather than just plagiarising themselves.

We all need to calm the farm with Doogs, listening to his manager and hearing further reports Doogs has only said if he is part of any trade to Victoria he is only going to the Saints.

I really don't think he's going anywhere and he'll be at Port in 2020.

If not I honestly will lose my poo because a player like him doesn't grow on trees.

And also **** off with this Fantasia crap, bloody hell there is something not right about him and how he's churning through managers.

The club is copping a lot of flack for trying to push Dougal out, and rightly so. It alienated a lot of supporters with its decision not to sack Ken. They should be trying hard as hell to win back more fans and all they've succeeded in doing is to alienate more of us. What a bunch of amatuers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back