Trade Week. 10-17 October.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Bower > Freo
Jono Griffen > Port
Danyle Pearce > Carl

No way port would do that deal.

Pearce always cops the hard tag at Port, wouldn't even be considered for a tag if he came to us. Could make him a much better player. I'd look at him even if we had to chuck a third rounder ports way in that deal above

Would we get an equally good trade if we came out and put them up for trade, insinuating they aren't applying themselves well or doing the right things?

"Requesting a trade" is more likely the player agreeing with the club that they're a viable option for trade bait.
I think with what happened to Walker last year, it shows you need to come to the party or they are going to stay! And we'll be more than happy for them to stay!

Not a bad way of doing business!

I meantioned the same in the rumour thread, but as far as I've heard, Setanta will only be leaving if we get an offer that is beneficial to us, and both Carlton and Irish are more than happy to continue working together. Bower will go for an average offer.

No way port would do that deal.

Pearce always cops the hard tag at Port, wouldn't even be considered for a tag if he came to us. Could make him a much better player. I'd look at him even if we had to chuck a third rounder ports way in that deal above

I agree, Pearce would be a nice inclusion; he has genuine pace, uses the ball well & would benefit greatly from a loose tag. Would compliment the midfield rotations as Carrots & Ellard arn't exactly blessed with pace. We play a hard running brand of footy that Pearce could relish in.

I agree, Pearce would be a nice inclusion; he has genuine pace, uses the ball well & would benefit greatly from a loose tag. Would compliment the midfield rotations as Carrots & Ellard arn't exactly blessed with pace. We play a hard running brand of footy that Pearce could relish in.

Problem is that Carrots and Davey fit into Rattens plans to be "... the most ruthless side in 2012. .." and I'm not sure Pearce does. .. all of our mostly 'one way' outside runners have the ability to switch on the defensive game when required, ie., Simmo, Gibbs, Scotland, Armfield, Yarran, etc. ..

Note, no slight on those lads but they are often given outside (non-defensive roles) but also tend to run the other way. ..

Simmo, Gibbs, Scotland, Armfield, Yarran, etc. ..

Note, no slight on those lads but they are often given outside (non-defensive roles) but also tend to run the other way. ..
Really?:confused:

thats my point exactly. pierce is one of those players that would look better in a better team, considering our strong midfield he wouldnt ever get a tag, and this would allow him to run free on the wings, use his pace and good disposal to hit up targets.

Id be all for getting him in the team

We will not be involved in any trade for Pearce.

We will not be involved in any trade for Pearce.

Good. Do not need.:thumbsu:

Koby Stevens as an inside mid is a much better target, although now that Carlton is the land of the reinvented footballer, I really like the idea of JR having a crack in that role.

i hate trade week. it goes far to long and nothing happens.

Yeah. If it was an orgy all parties would still be fully clothed and not even a french kiss gone down. Its only with 3 minutes to go on Monday that the action happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratten had identified bolstering mid-field depth/rotations any interest in Koby Stevens from West Coast, would have thought he would worth having a look at.

Stevens is contracted till end of 2012 so it will need to be good however something like the following may work

Bower to Collingwood
Toovey to West Coast
Stevens to Carlton

Stevens is contracted till end of 2012 so it will need to be good however something like the following may work

Bower to Collingwood
Toovey to West Coast
Stevens to Carlton

Collingwood win, Carlton 2nd by a fair bit and coming in dead last with a no way in hell deal is W/C

This deal would only happen if ............. na will not happen.

Collingwood win, Carlton 2nd by a fair bit and coming in dead last with a no way in hell deal is W/C

This deal would only happen if ............. na will not happen.

Collingwood get a replacement for Toovey
Carlton get another midfielder
West Coast get a premiership player who by in large is a very solid player and probably the most established player of the 3 players named.

Bower has injury issues
Stevens has not played a game, found it difficult to crack into the West Coast midfield, yet ours is better
Toovey was a part of the best back line of the last 2 years.

Its not so against the Eagles as you think.

West Coast get a premiership player who by in large is a very solid player and probably the most established player of the 3 players named.

Bower has injury issues
Stevens has not played a game, found it difficult to crack into the West Coast midfield, yet ours is better

Toovey played for Essendon? :p

Bower has injury issues

Just as Collingwood tend to overrate any and all of their mediocre players other teams supporters undervalue them. I feel that Toovey, on another team, would be just as good (if not even better) than he is at Collingwood. He's not a product of a system like other players and just has the natural football ability. I feel that he has been quite under appreciated at Collingwood.

Feel your trade may be almost even across the board. Potentially we get the worst of it (if Bower comes good). The issue for mine is how would Collingwood fit Bower under the cap? He'd be demanding almost as much (if not more) as Toovey.

Just as Collingwood tend to overrate any and all of their mediocre players other teams supporters undervalue them. I feel that Toovey, on another team, would be just as good (if not even better) than he is at Collingwood. He's not a product of a system like other players and just has the natural football ability. I feel that he has been quite under appreciated at Collingwood.

Feel your trade may be almost even across the board. Potentially we get the worst of it (if Bower comes good). The issue for mine is how would Collingwood fit Bower under the cap? He'd be demanding almost as much (if not more) as Toovey.
Pauly is not screaming for money, just an opportunity.

Bower has injury issues

None of this deal makes sense.:thumbsdown:

Bowers best chance of a game is still with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back