Trade Week. 10-17 October.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ocean20.gif

Brock v the tectonic seperation of Pangea...would love to see sportbet frame that market

I cacked out loud in a cold, empty room. :thumbsu::D

The game has changed a bit in the past 18 months, alright to get 31 touches and take 11 marks but can he nullify Travis Cloke???

Couldn't care less if he got a kick or not to be honest, can he lock down Cloke or Dawes now, judge him on what he can do now not what he has done previously!!!

A half fit Jonathon Brown looked very ominous on him this year when he subbed on in the last quarter.

That's right, we should tell all our players, including Judd, they are only as good as their last game (provided it was a recent one, of course). Waite has had a bad run with injuries this year, too, so should we boot him out?
By the way, how many games did Bower play before he came up against Brown? And, who of our current defenders can lock down Brown/Cloke/Dawes?
Fact is, Bower has the youth, skills and ability which he has clearly demonstrated already. All he needs is the chance to recover from his injuries and get his form and confidence back. Also, I'm sure a little support and faith from the club and fans would have been greatly appreciated, too.

Cracking example. The 57 games played prior to this year don't matter a jot, but a quarter he played when subbed on after resuming from injury is a good indication. Classic BF.

Not to mention that when he came on we were winning by 10 goals and all of the heat had been taken out of the game. Extremely harsh to criticize Bower for the Lions game. Not the best situation to be a back man when the opposition are trying to capitalize on a few cheap goal opportunities in an already decided game.

St Kilda are listening to offers for Tom Lynch. 21, 192cm, 4 goals from 5 games this year. Mustn't rate the kid too highly if they have few other forward options to replace Roo and Kosi.

Worth a look as assistance to Jarrad Waite? 18 months older than any KPP we drafted last year.

[youtube]EMhed3ye9-Q[/youtube]

That has to be one of the worst highlights packages I've ever watched, particularly the first minute or so.

From memory the last time we beat Collingwood it was Bower who stitched up Cloke.

Certainly did. Even had Collingwood supporters rating him after that game. One Freo mod wanted to trade Mundy for him and said he was worth more than pick 18 in a trade.

Get injured and you value falls, we all know that. You don't expect your own supporters to have such short memories and hold the belief you can never get back to full fitness when you are still only what 23-24?

Wow.

Jacobs was going to Adelaide whether we traded him or not, as he wanted to be with his family. We took the best offer available, because if we hadn't, he would have been picked up in the PSD by the Crows and we would have received nothing.

Please educate yourself before attempting to discuss topics.

It was no certainty he would get to the Crows. Let him walk rather than set a dangerous precedent of bending over to sh*t offers.

I'm educated enough on the topic to discuss it even if we have differing opinions so there's no need to be a dick.

It was no certainty he would get to the Crows. Let him walk rather than set a dangerous precedent of bending over to sh*t offers.

St. Kilda forum.

The Blues did the right thing in trading Jacobs to Adelaide for unders rather than allowing him to put himself into the draft(s). Teams have shown a willingness to allow a player to get to their chosen club.

I can also assure you that had we played the game your way someone would have made us cough up a pick for Dylan Buckley. We set a good precedent rather than a silly one.

Ultimately, I'm pretty certain that we'll be happy with the outcome of the trade all things considered. Thankfully there was some major talent available at the Crows pick.

I'm educated enough on the topic to discuss it even if we have differing opinions so there's no need to be a dick.
So if you were faced with the option to take compensation for a certainly departing player over nothing at all, you'd choose nothing?

Let me remind you that picks 33 and 67, which we received in exchange, brought Pat McCarthy and Andrew McInnes to the club, two promising young players.

So if you were faced with the option to take compensation for a certainly departing player over nothing at all, you'd choose nothing?

Let me remind you that picks 33 and 67, which we received in exchange, brought Pat McCarthy and Andrew McInnes to the club, two promising young players.

I have no problem with your point of view.

The Blues did the right thing in trading Jacobs to Adelaide for unders rather than allowing him to put himself into the draft(s). Teams have shown a willingness to allow a player to get to their chosen club.

Would those warm and fuzzy sentiments extend so far to let a player like Murphy walk for unders?

Anyway that's just my opinion. I think Port did the right thing with Stevens for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's good to know, but it appears you have a problem with getting the best available talent on our list.

Haha,

God help any club who constantly let their player walk for unders. Won't pay off long term, I assure you.

Who else form our list are you happy to see walk for bugger all?

Lol.

Haha,

God help any club who constantly let their player walk for unders. Won't pay off long term, I assure you.

Who else form our list are you happy to see walk for bugger all?

Lol.

As opposed to clubs letting players walk out the door for nothing? :eek:

So stop me if I'm wrong, but you want us to get exactly what we want for a player that is certainly leaving, or let him walk with nothing to show for it? :eek:

Would those warm and fuzzy sentiments extend so far to let a player like Murphy walk for unders?

As Murphy demonstrated he has loyalty to the club. There is no go home factor with him nor is there a realistic lack of opportunity for him to play as there was with Sauce staying. You're comparing apples to oranges.

You have to see the differences. Sauce staying would have provided him with an opportunity to play maybe a dozen games this year. He would have to prove to be better than two of Warnock, Kreuzer and Hampson. The substitute rule also made it increasingly difficult to get games at Carlton, as I don't believe that he could co-exist with Warnock in the same 21 had it been Kreuzer and Hampson that he received games ahead of.

As good as Sauce's season was and as much as it hurts those of us who really supported him watching him wear another team's jumper the reality is that he wouldn't have done it at Carlton. He took control of another team's #1 ruck job where he would have highly likely remained 3 or 4 here. We had no trading power in that trade from the moment the Power became shortsighted and believed that they did not require him. We took what we could and McCarthy and McInnes were too great picks and are both regarded as steals for where we got them.

It was a unique situation that I believe we ultimately made the most of.

Someone may, but I wouldn't.
Neither brings any fresh to us and we'd just be topping up our depth.
Toovey is not a great kick and Dawson isn't really rated.

If we are talking Zach Dawson... he isnt rated as a footballer. However, as a condom holder he is an elite talent.

And I dont think that there is anyone at Carlton who needs someone else to hold their condoms (as proved by the number of expectant parents suddenly being announced at the club).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back