Trade Week 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

My mail is there is an offer on the table involving Essendon, Collingwood and Hawthorn, where Pendlebury will end up at Essendon.

My mail is there is an offer on the table involving Essendon, Collingwood and Hawthorn.

Essendon will get Scott Pendlebury and Rick Ladson
Collingwood will get Pick 8 from Ess
Hawthorn will get Cale Hooker from Ess (plus a late pick from Coll)

Essendon are not keen on losing Hooker and this appears to be the sticking point and why the deal hasn't been closed.

Thoughts?

I must say I'm a little excited by the prospect of having a class player like Pendles in the midfield. Not 100% on Ladson, though apparently his father passed away this year which would make a little sense of why his year was pretty average football wise.

Whilst losing Hooker is not ideal, I think we have a lot of tall defensive options. Particularly if Ryder is set to play CHB for the year.

Sounds unlikely for many reasons. These 3 ways deals rarely occur, why would pendles leave, etc.

But maybe I am not getting the full picture. So:

Coll get pick 8 and lose Pendles and late pick
Ess get Pendles and Lason and lose pick 8 and Cale
Hawks get Cale and late pick and lose ladson

So Hawthorn effectively get Cale and a late pick for Ladson? They would be cheering.

Sounds unlikely for many reasons. These 3 ways deals rarely occur, why would pendles leave, etc.

Pendlebury is worth pick 1, at least. Established gun with 10 years ahead of him. Hypothetically we would need to part with Pick 8 and some serious quality.. Think Hurley, Pears etc. Not gunna happen.

I've been herring similar rumours. If we can shark a top catch we'll be playing to a different tuna.

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Havent been on over the trade week period so I was just hoping if I could have a few questions asked.

What players are believed to be on our radar and are we going to make a big play later in the week for a player? if so, who could this be.

Cheers :thumbsu:

And you also rate Houli yeah?

I like having you around as a sounding board. As an aside, were you a Jay Nash fan?

I'm very, very worried that you rate Leroy.

umad?
Looked at your name recently bro?

Sorry to intrude your board guys, just wondering whether us chasing hooker is genuine or just made up crap. Would love him at the hawks he's just what we need a key defender, would think it would cost more than ladson though.

I think the Hooker rumour just spawned out of the 'hawks chasing an "unnamed" defender'. No substance to it afaik.

From then, all the Mitchell / Hooker swap bs came out. Probably what inspired the Pendlebury rumour as well.

Doubt Hooker would go, but it's not illogical for either club to swap inside mids for KPBs.

maybe add neagle to give it a bit of weight

neagle i reckon will be hoping he gets traded, as his pre season will hell under hird who has never rated him based on the way he presents on the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Week 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back