Trades and draft selections

Remove this Banner Ad

@AFLNewsInsider
AFLNews
Everitt to the Swans for Veszpremi is looking close to a done deal. Adelaide & the tigers closing in on a a deal for Tambling #Tradeweek
22 minutes ago

Terrible call if true. Everitt might not have shown much this season, but for VESZPREMI who has done NOTHING?! Jesus... Sydney will turn Andrejs into a star in 2011

Maybe Sydney will then back off Sherman as a sweetener?

Forget I spoke. :eek:

The point remains if you are going to write someones name show some respect to that person and spell it correctly.

I have watched DJ play twice but in the 4 games he has played in 4 years and he has been underwhelming. His disposals in each game has been 7, 11, 10 and 11 and has kicked 0 goals. Not good enough to fill a midfield or small forward role.

Not only that he has failed to capitalize on the output of A grade team mates such as Bartel, Ablett, Enright, Corey, Kelly, Chapman, Johnson, Selwood and Scarlett(Scarlett field kick and forward entries are pretty much always effective). He loses that advantage as soon as he walks into our weaker semi rebuilding side, something you cannot lose if you are already not getting enough of the pill.

Lastly he has a extensive history of quad injuries which is never good news. Ive heard stupid stuff like Ward for DJ and late picks, if the club does this it will be worse than Voss 2009.

4th round or rookie draft for me.

I have watched DJ play twice but in the 4 games he has played in 4 years and he has been underwhelming. His disposals in each game has been 7, 11, 10 and 11 and has kicked 0 goals. Not good enough to fill a midfield or small forward role.

Not only that he has failed to capitalize on the output of A grade team mates such as Bartel, Ablett, Enright, Corey, Kelly, Chapman, Johnson, Selwood and Scarlett(Scarlett field kick and forward entries are pretty much always effective). He loses that advantage as soon as he walks into our weaker semi rebuilding side, something you cannot lose if you are already not getting enough of the pill.

Lastly he has a extensive history of quad injuries which is never good news. Ive heard stupid stuff like Ward for DJ and late picks, if the club does this it will be worse than Voss 2009.

4th round or rookie draft for me.

Not really interested in Djerrkura. Sherman, Walker and Veszpremi should be the primary targets.

Rookie draft for Djerrkura.

I will be very very sad to see Everitt go for Vezpremi. Everitt will be amongst the elite as soon as he gets a decent chance and we would give him up for so little? He must have really pissed some people off.

Perhaps. I think we're underestimating Veszpremi. He's shown about as much as Everitt.

Really? I'm hoping he had injury concerns this year because he only managed one game and has played only 9 games total. Everitt is in his 4th season played 34 games and did manage to get 12 of those in 2010.

I hope I am underestimating Ves.

Am I the only one that thinks we look set to have a HORRIBLE trade period?

Losing Everitt is going to hurt. I will be very upset to see him go and even more annoyed if it is a straight swap for Veszpremi. Roos is a coach who loves to give players a go. If he can't get a go under Roos I'm not sure he has what it takes.

Sherman is a bloke who can not kick. Coupled with this he is my most hated AFL footballer. I will find it very, very hard to cheer for him. I know he has had his issues with some Lions players, doesn't really fit in with Eade's 'No D-Head' policy.

Losing Everitt is going to hurt. I will be very upset to see him go and even more annoyed if it is a straight swap for Veszpremi. Roos is a coach who loves to give players a go. If he can't get a go under Roos I'm not sure he has what it takes.

Sherman is a bloke who can not kick. Coupled with this he is my most hated AFL footballer. I will find it very, very hard to cheer for him. I know he has had his issues with some Lions players, doesn't really fit in with Eade's 'No D-Head' policy.

Ummm...Roos is no longer coach of Sydney. You have to give up something to gain something...Everitt will not be a big loss, unless he pulls his finger out in a big way. A change of scenary could benefit both players so hopefully the trade is a win-win for both clubs.

Ummm...Roos is no longer coach of Sydney. You have to give up something to gain something...Everitt will not be a big loss, unless he pulls his finger out in a big way. A change of scenary could benefit both players so hopefully the trade is a win-win for both clubs.

Oh sorry, I thought he was coach for the last 7 odd years..:rolleyes:

No, but it is something that we have no control over so not much point worrying about it.

Thinking it from a holistic point of view, if we pick up all these recycled players that are being mentioned, there will be more happy people than unhappy people in the off season so it's not all bad. :)

Just seems very silly.
Honestly if we pick up the players we have been linked to and lose the ones we have been apparently floating as bait we are no closer to a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seems very silly.
Honestly if we pick up the players we have been linked to and lose the ones we have been apparently floating as bait we are no closer to a flag.

Sometimes you have to take risks. Yes we all like Everitt, but has he really improved since his 2007 season? He is a talent but maybe its a talent that can only blossom elsewhere. The same could be said with Veszpremi. Both taken first round and both havent showed their full potential. Id be happy to bring in some new players, we need change if we're going to go forward.

You would think the club would have some inside knowledge re vespremi via big bad Barry.

He is the type pf player we need and worth a punt IMO. He was rated very highly by swans fans after his first year.

Maybe Barry knows what went wrong and that is a factor in our club per suing him.

Just guess work though........

You would think the club would have some inside knowledge re vespremi via big bad Barry.

He is the type pf player we need and worth a punt IMO. He was rated very highly by swans fans after his first year.

Maybe Barry knows what went wrong and that is a factor in our club per suing him.

Just guess work though........

If scouts and recruiters are relying on the good word from Baz then we are in strife.

I think if we walk away gaining Sherman, Walker, Vez and DJ, with the expence of Everitt, Hill, Stack and Tiller i think we should be pretty happy.

People are forgetting we get Wallis and Libba, two players who should've and would've gone bewteen 1-15, at picks 22 and 40.

Gain Sherman, we who come straight in onto our wing, and adds a heap of pace to our 22. Player who can brake the game open, and has awesome speed.

Walker, having my doubts that we will snap him up, but i think he is very under-rated because of his injury trouble, he can be a hit and will replace Harbrow.

Vez and DJ, yet to really show us anything to show we want them. Wouldn't mind atleast 1 of them to show what they can do in our forward line set up.

If scouts and recruiters are relying on the good word from Baz then we are in strife.

Love the condescending put down don't you hard ball get. Does it make feel like one of the cool kids?

So if vespremi came onto our recruiting radar do you think they may have asked bbbh his view on him? Would an opinion from a respected senior bulldog player with inside knowledge be completely disregarded?

Please think before you shoot down other posters.

Love the condescending put down don't you hard ball get. Does it make feel like one of the cool kids?

So if vespremi came onto our recruiting radar do you think they may have asked bbbh his view on him? Would an opinion from a respected senior bulldog player with inside knowledge be completely disregarded?

Please think before you shoot down other posters.

Don't mean to be condescending. I'm serious. If our recruiters are relying on a positive reference from Barry we are in real trouble.

THey may have asked his view but it would not carry much weight I wouldn't have thought.

This board overrates Everitt.

A season where our list was ageing and injured and he couldn't crack it. Fringe player. Vezpremi fills a gap in our 22. Everitt doesn't. What's not to like about this deal?

Fair enough.

But what do recruiters rely on other than instinct and feedback from people in the know? At the end of the day when you are dealing with humans you will always be unsure as to the outcome and every available source of information is helpful. That's all I was saying.

Eg: baz might know that a coach took a set against vespremi unjustly or that he had op etc etc.

Anyways it will all come out in the wash.

Completely agree with you, similar thoughts on Walker (can't kick, doesn't tackle). Would rather get into the draft than pick up players who can't kick, Fyfe and Ballantye were about pick 20 last two drafts.

Can see us picking up Vpremi, Sherman and DJ.

Carlton will want too much for Walker and he's not someone I'd want anyhow.

Will see us losing Everitt (shame), Compo selection and a late draft pick.

Maybe See Hill or similar also go for a draft pick.

Would be happy with that outcome and see our needs being met.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades and draft selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back