Trades BOTH clubs wish they could have back

Remove this Banner Ad

BK Eaglesfan

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Thinking about the ruck situation at the Eagles at the moment and likely going into a season with a ruck combination of Lycett (3rd choice a year ago), Giles and someone who essentially will clog the list for a year as back up for Nic Nat's injury. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to undo the Callum Sinclair trade, especially given Jetta was dropped more than he played good games for us in 2016.

Given Sinclair has been passed by Naismith at Sydney, it's very possible Sydney would also like to have that one back.

What other trades have unfolded where it turned into a lose / lose that BOTH clubs probably wish they hadn't bothered doing, either because of circumstance (having to recruit someone to cover a position you just traded out) or simply that neither club has ended up happy with what the got and would have been better off not doing the trade.

The Cam Wood - Travis Johnstone - pick 14 (Jack Grimes) trade is one that all three parties may have wanted their time over again on. None of the three clubs relly got much value out of it.
Can't say I'd want Wood back, but I definitely would rather pick 14 than Johnstone.

What! Melbourne got a club captain out of that trade

Not sure if serious? Look at what was left on the draft board after that pick the next five were Tarrant, Lobbe, Taylor, Rance and Ward, but they nailed it lol.

Paine/Karnezis...

Rather than giving either new contracts their original clubs could've just delisted them and saved us both a list spot and some salary cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paine/Karnezis...

Rather than giving either new contracts their original clubs could've just delisted them and saved us both a list spot and some salary cap.

I get the feeling we're about to go double or nothing on Frost/ Green :(

Why would Sydney want Jetta back?

Sinclair they have as back up and if they wanted to trade him - would have some value (even factoring coming off surgery).

Jetta - seriously you'd have trouble getting someone to take on his contract.

Daniel Chick worked out well for West Coast while he played, though I think both clubs would rather what they had. (Chick traded for pick 8.Luke Brennan)
No thanks, I'd rather keep the flag Chick's smother won us.

Is this actually possible ?

Would be rare if it happens.

plenty of lose-lose trades but taking them back doesn't help either side.

Imagine Pies fans are happy but how do Geelong and Melbourne fans feel about the Varcoe - Clark - Lumumbu deal?
Went from a total loss to a mostly loss. Wish Varcoe came to Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades BOTH clubs wish they could have back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back