Trades BOTH clubs wish they could have back

Remove this Banner Ad

Seedsman to Adelaide. It didn't work out surprisingly at Adelaide and I think Collingwood could have used him.
The pick we got for Seedsman was used to bring in Howe, so while Seedsman offers run and is a nice kick I wouldn't take back that trade.

Carey to the crows for pick 2 i believe? North got some kid named Daniel wells...
imo Wells has never been that good... also to injury prone

Carey was already well on the decline, not to mention the personal stuff. For us to turn him into pick four sort of signifies how little forward thinking went into trading in those days - would be a swap of third rounders now.

Wells will leave with two Syd Barkers and 250 games for the club. I don't think we want that trade back.

Thinking about the ruck situation at the Eagles at the moment and likely going into a season with a ruck combination of Lycett (3rd choice a year ago), Giles and someone who essentially will clog the list for a year as back up for Nic Nat's injury. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to undo the Callum Sinclair trade, especially given Jetta was dropped more than he played good games for us in 2016.

Given Sinclair has been passed by Naismith at Sydney, it's very possible Sydney would also like to have that one back.

What other trades have unfolded where it turned into a lose / lose that BOTH clubs probably wish they hadn't bothered doing, either because of circumstance (having to recruit someone to cover a position you just traded out) or simply that neither club has ended up happy with what the got and would have been better off not doing the trade.

Cant say I want Jetta back. Would be happy to trade Sinclair back ;)

Josh Kennedy - Hawthorn to Sydney, would have to be 1 of the all time great trades.
Josh Kennnedy agrees as he would have 2 more premierships than he does now, and at the club he requested a trade away from, where his father and grandfather are heroes.

Plus we got Ben Stratton (Pick 46) and Promoted Suckling (Pick 70) off the rookie list with the trades we received from Sydney so didn't work out that bad for us.
Duryea (Pick 69) was a pretty good pick up that year as well.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seedsman to Adelaide. It didn't work out surprisingly at Adelaide and I think Collingwood could have used him.

Shit post. What is it with you and talking down Adelaide? It was only 12 months ago and Seedsman has given us some more of the run we needed, not a massive win, but I'm comfortable with what we gave up for him.

Green goes alright. Better player than guys like Blair and Crocker who got plenty of games for Collingwood this year.

Setting the bar real high there! Replacing "meh" with "well at least he isn't meh" isn't what I call good list management.

That's my main issue with many clubs these days they trade just for the sake of it to convince supporters they're doing something...

Paine/Karnezis even saving the costs of the phone calls during trading would have been better than that trade

Jokes on Collingwood. Brisbane was ringing reverse charges the whole time.

McLean/pick 11.

Carlton could have actually brought in some youf while Melbourne kept a leader around to stave off the disaster.

McLean/pick 11.

Carlton could have actually brought in some youf while Melbourne kept a leader around to stave off the disaster.

Lol but you got a good deal pick wise...unfortunately you drafted gysberts.

Shocking to think how behind Carlton were, I recall we did that trade straight away once trade week started...overpaying, no finesse or guile etc with trading.

The pick we got for Seedsman was used to bring in Howe, so while Seedsman offers run and is a nice kick I wouldn't take back that trade.
I think both parties would still be happy with that trade - as an Adelaide supporter I certainly am. Seedsman was injured quite a bit but is best 22 when fit for the foreseeable future.

Do I only get one to choose from?

Oh you said BOTH clubs .. well that's never going to happen because they all got away with highway robbery

Is this actually possible ?

Would be rare if it happens.

plenty of lose-lose trades but taking them back doesn't help either side.

I imagine the best examples would be team A contending but gives up an experienced player for a draft pick, while team B down the bottom gives up a draft pick for a player they don't really use.

In this case team A would want the senior player back, and team B would want the draft pick back.

I can't really think of any real life examples but I'm sure a few exist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades BOTH clubs wish they could have back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back