Trades/Delistings/Recruitment Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I still dont know where all this talk of Dangerfield or Gaff are coming from.

Seriously doubt that any of those two players will leave their respective clubs.

Gaff wants to come home ... and Pat has showed glimpses of interest of leaving.

wouldnt mind a Conca for Gaff trade ... conca is from WA and won't want to leave like gaff

Gaff wants to come home ... and Pat has showed glimpses of interest of leaving.

wouldnt mind a Conca for Gaff trade ... conca is from WA and won't want to leave like gaff

Regarding Gaff is it something that you have heard?

I wouldnt do the Conca trade purely because we need more talent in our midfield. Our midfield talent thins our pretty quickly after Cotchin, Martin & Deledio (when he is used there).

To get Gaff it would need us to trade into one of the GWS earlier picks and then on trade that to WCE plus our compo pick. Foley could be the one.

Regarding Gaff is it something that you have heard?

I wouldnt do the Conca trade purely because we need more talent in our midfield. Our midfield talent thins our pretty quickly after Cotchin, Martin & Deledio (when he is used there).

To get Gaff it would need us to trade into one of the GWS earlier picks and then on trade that to WCE plus our compo pick. Foley could be the one.

yes :D

and Gaff is a better player than Conca and would give us the CF we need

Ha ha PTF I agree with other posts I like the suspense but I think even if the trade doesn't eventuate you MUST tell us what you heard.

For the record my guess is Nicholls from GC to us...reasons being:

1. You at some point said that we would need 4 years to develop someone and therefore somoen would have to be in the system 2 years to be a prospect for us.

2. You also said if the player comes on it could put us in top 4 contention and I believe this guy has the athletic talent at least to do it.

I would be very dissapointed if we weren't throwing some serious coin/effort towards getting the VIC boy Nicholls back. If we are going to waste a second rounder on Ivan Maric I would actually prefer to risk it and have a crack at Nicholls. If he doesn't come on I could cop that.

Like your logic Amcre. I think Maric could be the ideal guy to get us through until we have developed or traded for a finals grade ruckman. I have absolutely no idea what kind of prospect Nicholls is but Maric along with a young talented prospect is a good game plan. Wouldn't be surprised if GC were willing to part with him for our compo pick. Not sure if he is quite worth this but I know they are after the compo picks.

It's unfortunate that Graham still has 2 years on his contract. Massive mistake by CC. Maric for third rounder/psd is a massive upgrade on Graham. Will to compete cannot be underestimated. Graham's attitude is just poison and the fact that Maric was in Adelaide's leadership group is very valuable to our young list.

In regard to Conca... there is now way we will trade him out unless he wants out. Exactly the type of person and player we need at the club.

Like your logic Amcre. I think Maric could be the ideal guy to get us through until we have developed or traded for a finals grade ruckman. I have absolutely no idea what kind of prospect Nicholls is but Maric along with a young talented prospect is a good game plan. Wouldn't be surprised if GC were willing to part with him for our compo pick. Not sure if he is quite worth this but I know they are after the compo picks.

It's unfortunate that Graham still has 2 years on his contract. Massive mistake by CC. Maric for third rounder/psd is a massive upgrade on Graham. Will to compete cannot be underestimated. Graham's attitude is just poison and the fact that Maric was in Adelaide's leadership group is very valuable to our young list.

In regard to Conca... there is now way we will trade him out unless he wants out. Exactly the type of person and player we need at the club.

so is Gaff, just he is just a better player than conca, like iwould rather a Ferrai than an Audi is how it looks to me (gaff being the Ferrai :) )

Ha ha PTF I agree with other posts I like the suspense but I think even if the trade doesn't eventuate you MUST tell us what you heard.

For the record my guess is Nicholls from GC to us...reasons being:

1. you at some point said that we would need 4 years to develop someone and therefore somoen would have to be in the system 2 years to be a prospect for us.

2.you also said if the player comes on it could put us in top 4 contention and I believe this guy has the athletic talent at least to do it.

I would be very dissapointed if we weren't throwing some serious coin/effort towards getting the VIC boy Nicholls back. If we are going to waste a second rounder on Ivan Maric I would actually prefer to risk it and have a crack at Nicholls. If he doesn't come on I could cop that.

Nicholls will go to some one else not us were using all our chips in the Morris and Maric stuff

Nicholls will go to some one else not us were using all our chips in the Morris and Maric stuff
How are we using all our chips in the Morris and Maric stuff? We are getting Morris and losing nothing and in all likelihood giving up a fringe player like Connors for Maric.

There is also no way we will trade Conca. And doubtful we will get Gaff. I've heard he's happy over there.

An Adelaide supporter on the D&T board claims Dangerfield asked for a trade this morning.

How are we using all our chips in the Morris and Maric stuff? We are getting Morris and losing nothing and in all likelihood giving up a fringe player like Connors for Maric.

There is also no way we will trade Conca. And doubtful we will get Gaff. I've heard he's happy over there.

An Adelaide supporter on the D&T board claims Dangerfield asked for a trade this morning.

hmm interesting ... if so .. THROW EVERTHING!!

pick 15 and edwards should do it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting on Dangerfield if true, i would think given the recent retirings in Catland, they'd be the ones in the box seat to snag him. But, you never know.

From all reports he will sign an extension soon, the homesick stuff came from when he wasn't getting a game and Dangerfield won't be leaving either, the rumor on the trade board came from a delisted crow rookie and Dangerfield is away on holidays so he couldn't possibly have gone in and told the club he wants out.
People need to stop deluding themselves and speculating on rumor as fact.

pure speculation here but would another ruckman target be a Vardy/Simpson. If Geelong interested in Jackson (mind-boggling) then maybe him and second rounder to get job done, prefer Vardy.

pure speculation here but would another ruckman target be a Vardy/Simpson. If Geelong interested in Jackson (mind-boggling) then maybe him and second rounder to get job done, prefer Vardy.

Please Please Please Please Please please Please Please,Please Please

Let This Be True

UPTHEGUTS .................... What is it that you love so much about maric !

apart from 1 incident 3 years ago that he punched some player in the guts.

What part of his footballing ability that you have been impressed with also what advantage would Maric give us over seaby who we could just pick up for free !

Really love to know where/why all this love for eevvaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn comes from.

Or do you just like his name/Are you of croat backround / are you related

Vardy just signed for another 2 years and loves it at Geelong. Why on earth would he move?

just hypothesising and didnt know he had signed, so chill, comment is based on pace to freeze's statement of another ruckman. I am all for Maric but if in addition we can get a good young ruck then we can cut browne (although has improvement but still 2-3 years away) and pay out or trade(lol) graham.

just hypothesising and didnt know he had signed, so chill, comment is based on pace to freeze's statement of another ruckman. I am all for Maric but if in addition we can get a good young ruck then we can cut browne (although has improvement but still 2-3 years away) and pay out or trade(lol) graham.

Absolutely agree with you, though would hope to push out Graham, even if that is unlikely

If we could extract Nicholls for say McGuane, and add Maric for Connors our greatest weakness may in fact in 2013/4 be one of our main strengths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back