Bosun

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Spurs
Ive read (and heard) in the media and on these forums that West Coast didnt really want to deal/trade with Collingwood because of some sort of bad history between the clubs. Did they screw West Coast over a few years ago in a trade? Whats the reason for the bad blood?

Collingwood have made unreasonable demands in the past, or have tried to get our players with inadequate offers.

They've never actually managed to shaft us, but we don't appreciate their style.

That said, it hasn't stopped them from picking up some of our former superstars in Andrew Williams, Chad Rintoul, Scott Cummings and Chad Morrison.

It really hurt to lose such awesome players to Collingwood.

Collingwood have made unreasonable demands in the past, or have tried to get our players with inadequate offers.

They've never actually managed to shaft us, but we don't appreciate their style.

That said, it hasn't stopped them from picking up some of our former superstars in Andrew Williams, Chad Rintoul, Scott Cummings and Chad Morrison.

which one was awesome???

Collingwood tried to get some of our players to leave so that they could pick them up in the PSD, I believe, with no compensation to WC.

Malthouse used to try and get Wirrpanda and Braun to leave on a regular basis when he left.

Didn't they also try and get Gherig to shaft us? Fortunately he was having none of it and did a deal with the Saints instead.

Me thinks a few missed the sarcasm in this post:rolleyes:

Me thinks a few missed the sarcasm in this post:rolleyes:
Not at all.

Chad Morrison was a superstar. I remember him regularly racking up 20+ touches playing across HB without an opponent.

And Andrew Williams! He was fantastic as an undersized key forward who failed to kick goals.

When Collingwood poached these guys, it tore the club's heart out.

Ive read (and heard) in the media and on these forums that West Coast didnt really want to deal/trade with Collingwood because of some sort of bad history between the clubs. Did they screw West Coast over a few years ago in a trade? Whats the reason for the bad blood?
There is no doubt WC told Judd they wouldnt deal with Collingwood. On top of this pecieved annimosity you guys would have been nuts to deal Judd to the pies who will continue to be a finals side for years to come. Giving him to Carlton means jack, as that bunch of flogs are going nowhere in a hurry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* Poaching Malthouse
* Trying to get Braun and Wirrpanda to leave.
* Telling Morrison to refuse all trades so they could get him for free in the PSD.
* Tried to screw us over in the Gehrig deal, so much so that Gehrig agreed to go to his second choice St.Kilda.
* Suspiscion that they had been doing 'ground work' to lure Judd for at least 6 months.
* Numerous other trade deals being held up by Collingwood that stopped us from trading other players such as Gaspar and K.Green to the clubs they wanted to go to.
* They are a premiership threat compared to Judd's other choice of teams.

Malthouse tried to take Braun with him and we tried to screw you in the Gehrig deal.

Apart from that, there isn't a great deal of trading animosity.

The Gehrig one was simply the fact that Fraser wanted to come to us, Fraser was out of contract, we had #1 pick in the PSD - so logically, we weren't that keen on offering much for him. Strangely, he agreed to go to St. Kilda, so I'm not so sure he wanted to come to Collingwood in the first place.

Right here

If there's "no doubt", then you "know for sure".

Keep trying.
<Not needed -GB>
Well im so sorry that my opinion of there is no doubt for you, really translates to " I am in the inner sanctum at Collingwood and know all the inner goings on during the trade period".
Settle down and have a cup of tea before you get too excited and hurt yourself <Name calling not needed - GB>

Ok, before this gets out of hand, can we settle it down a bit?

I have already handed out a couple of bannings today and I am feeling trigger happy. :thumbsu:

GB.

Malthouse tried to take Braun with him and we tried to screw you in the Gehrig deal.

Apart from that, there isn't a great deal of trading animosity.

The Gehrig one was simply the fact that Fraser wanted to come to us, Fraser was out of contract, we had #1 pick in the PSD - so logically, we weren't that keen on offering much for him. Strangely, he agreed to go to St. Kilda, so I'm not so sure he wanted to come to Collingwood in the first place.

Ever thought that maybe Fraser had a bit of integrity!!!

<Not needed -GB>
Well im so sorry that my opinion of there is no doubt for you, really translates to " I am in the inner sanctum at Collingwood and know all the inner goings on during the trade period".
Settle down and have a cup of tea before you get too excited and hurt yourself <Name calling not needed - GB>
You said you had "no doubt" despite not actually knowing anything.

I'm just exposing you for the fraud you are.

Not one player that we traded for from west coast has worked out.Chad rintoul played a handful of games and retired.Chad Morrison was a dud and did nothing at collingwood,scott cummings played a few games showed some promise but retired shortly afterwards,and williams is a total dud,that has ended up playing reserves football.
So every player that we got from west coast were either duds or at the end of their careers,and we got screwd on the gehrig deal by west coast.
West coast are about to screw carlton,with chris judd another player who has left a club given his best and now has been put to pasture at 24.Chris judds best days are over,he will have continual injury problems ie ostitis pubis ,all he need to do is get injured one more time and carlton have spent millions for zip,he will be similar to luke ball,(was a good player once).
So i am glad we are not trading with you guys ,because your club is the club that rips other clubs off.Collingwood can deal with freo thank you don't need any players from you guys.Look out Carlton the biggest rip off is about to hound your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trading with the Pies??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back