Remove this Banner Ad

ErnieSigley

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I went again on Friday.
Paul Dimantina turned up with his 2 kids. The young boy has a pretty good left foot on him.

Same old same old on the track. In rehab were Lake(Harris), Harbrow, Skipper, Gia, Hill, Minson.
Welsh, Grant and a few other did limited stuff.

The rookie recruits were back.
Like the look of Tim Callan. Seems is no nonsense, trains hard, and doing all the right things. He was playing deep in the backline.

Questions?

I went again on Friday.
Paul Dimantina turned up with his 2 kids. The young boy has a pretty good left foot on him.

Same old same old on the track. In rehab were Lake(Harris), Harbrow, Skipper, Gia, Hill, Minson.
Welsh, Grant and a few other did limited stuff.

The rookie recruits were back.
Like the look of Tim Callan. Seems is no nonsense, trains hard, and doing all the right things. He was playing deep in the backline.

Questions?
how r Harbrow, Hill and our other Draftees from last year going? beefing up?

who has been ripping it up over the summer, and who from a fringe player looks like they might have a big 2008

thanks

That is good news. He might find himself as the dour small BP we need to negate the opposition goalsneaks. McMahon had the talent but not the concentration for the role - a case perhaps of the better player not being better for the team?

I have a question for you ernie,

you said hill and harbrow were in rehab, any idea what is wrong with them?

also do hill, lynch and harbrow still look like breece rude?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is good news. He might find himself as the dour small BP we need to negate the opposition goalsneaks. McMahon had the talent but not the concentration for the role - a case perhaps of the better player not being better for the team?

Totally agree. Callan may just fill that void (not that I've actually seen him play) but have heard he goes alright especially as a tagger and will probably struggle to get a game in our midfield.

There has been a lot of talk about our best 22 for 2008 in other forums with the common backline presented as Lake, Williams, Everitt, Hargrave, Morris and Gilbee. Now sure they probably deserve to be our back 6 although for team balance Gilbee can't play back pocket as he needs to be up the ground using his penetrating kick to half forward and it's a big ask for Morris to chase these whippets from some clubs so Callan could be the answer.

There was also a mention of Harbrow, although I don't think he's a backman by any means, plus he seems to attract the ball okay in the midfield. A bit of a smoky there!

Any thoughts/argument?

Totally agree. Callan may just fill that void (not that I've actually seen him play) but have heard he goes alright especially as a tagger and will probably struggle to get a game in our midfield.

There has been a lot of talk about our best 22 for 2008 in other forums with the common backline presented as Lake, Williams, Everitt, Hargrave, Morris and Gilbee. Now sure they probably deserve to be our back 6 although for team balance Gilbee can't play back pocket as he needs to be up the ground using his penetrating kick to half forward and it's a big ask for Morris to chase these whippets from some clubs so Callan could be the answer.

There was also a mention of Harbrow, although I don't think he's a backman by any means, plus he seems to attract the ball okay in the midfield. A bit of a smoky there!

Any thoughts/argument?

Well yes i di agree but you have to remember that we have plenty of players that can play the HBF possession and play it good. Players like Griff, Gilbe etc can play it so we have no problem in that area. Its just about having versatility which is what we have lacked in previous seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 11/1/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Back