Training 25th January - Scratch match vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Have it on good authority he (Lappin) wasn't there watching your blokes go around ;)

I can only hope that Geelong are stupid enough to send Lappin to HFC training to watch everything other than Hawthorn.

Provide some substantiation or ****offski Hodgepodge - this isn't Bay 13 or your alternate universe pal.

I didn't say he did or didn't have the foot injury, just that this was the news I'd heard, and therefore I was glad to hear he was playing which implies the rumour I heard was wrong.

You've flown way off the handle on this one.

I have long been a moaner that we are not strong enough. The tigs were comfortably bigger across the chest and arms than our guys. Initially, I thought we were doing some cross training with a rugby league team such was the difference. The tigs looked intimidating until the game started.

Woodward and Hallahan were very good in tight. Two nuggety buggars that can hold their ground. Hallahan's disposal needs work, or confidence. Woodward is your classic MoneyBall recruit. He has the game but was overlooked as he is a short rrs.

Langers played deep defence. His positional play is very very good. He was regularly getting pushed in the back. Again needs more polish on his disposal.

Suckers kicking has gone past being sublime. It is sublimer. His ability to destroy a zone and put someone in space is what makes this guy starting 18.

The Jack played the running HFF. He has very sure hands and moves well. Happy.

Bruester just walks to where the ball is and kicks goals, as we already know. I saw him do one huge chase and then take a really gutsy mark. He looks to have STEPPED IT UP. Throw away the lid.

Isacc Smith showed last year was no fluke.

The soon to be 'Famous' Amos played HFF and had a run on the ball. Couple of nice things. Very well balanced player.

Schoe played FB. Got exposed a few times. Not sure what we are doing with him. He appears to play off his opponent and only make contact in the actual marking contest. When it comes off it allows him to mark the ball, when it doesn't he gets outmarked.

It will be interesting to see who signs Deledio next season.
I believe he can make a massive step up and with all reports is on the way to making it happen.:thumbsu:

Gunston really nice hands which is great. Not sure whether he was going at half pace at times as lacked intensity a couple of times. Still has a fair bit of development left in him but looks a smart mover.

Thats just the way he plays, very laconic kind of player, but in a similar way to how Darren Jarman was laconic(not quite to that level yet obviously). Is one of those players who is ultra clean and moves extremely well in traffic, making him look like he always has heaps of time.

Thats just the way he plays, very laconic kind of player, but in a similar way to how Darren Jarman was laconic(not quite to that level yet obviously). Is one of those players who is ultra clean and moves extremely well in traffic, making him look like he always has heaps of time.

Thanks James - appreciate the info, and hope the comparison with Jarman is prophetic! :D

Looking forward to seeing him out there this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 25th January - Scratch match vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back