Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Xerri
2. CCJ
3. Stare into the void, keep staring, wait until it stares back and the madness takes over.
4. Free
The Void was supposed to be the great white hope Jacob Edwards..

Yet here we are..

What's our ruck options

Katy Perry Dance GIF by Animanias

Im not saying we go full geelong and purposefuly not nominate a ruck around the ground, but if our mids focus more on the oppositions ruck and aim for sharking first, the quality of our ruckman doesnt have to be goldstein level.

Todd's kid I'm pretty sure, if the name isn't a giveaway the Roger Ramjet chin is.
Pretty sure I watched a Dees’ match half-time story on 7 about Viney and Petracca doing extra grappling sessions last season with Viney’s brother to get an edge. They were very positive about the training and obviously the Dees’ Viney looked like a beast at it 🙂 I was watching thinking get my Roo Boys in on this!

Pretty sure I watched a Dees’ match half-time story on 7 about Viney and Petracca doing extra grappling sessions last season with Viney’s brother to get an edge. They were very positive about the training and obviously the Dees’ Viney looked like a beast at it 🙂 I was watching thinking get my Roo Boys in on this!
Yep I remember seeing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recon most people here would happily have greenwood first ruck over them

Hang why don’t we do that
Greenwood does a decent job around the ground but isn't suited for the centre bounce.

Maley could be used for centre bounces and then push forward as a general marking target/pack crasher. With Greenwood rucking around the ground and Comben supporting in the defensive 50.

Thats if Xerri is injured.

Socials team posting photos not only on the day of training but during training, did you have a word to them?
The nostra effect

That one was from yesterdays session fwiw but yes they posted some yesterday on the day

I took my young grandson to his first training session yesterday and he loved it. Can't give much of a report as I was busy looking after him but note the following. Tom Powell really caught my eye he was in everything and moving very well as was Charlie Lazarro. Colby McKercher has some speed and also saw Hardiman turn the jets on. My little boy loved watching the goal kicking and returning the balls that got trapped in the netting. Sheezel, Wardlaw, Curtis and Drury did a fair bit of practice taking set shots starting on one boundary line and moving in an arc across the ground to the other boundary line. Harry Sheezel did not miss, he is a star. Wardlaw and Curtis were also excellent hardly missing a shot and Drury only missed a couple. Of course it is easier to kick goals at training where you have no pressure. Will proably go on Friday to watch the match sim.

I took my young grandson to his first training session yesterday and he loved it. Can't give much of a report as I was busy looking after him but note the following. Tom Powell really caught my eye he was in everything and moving very well as was Charlie Lazarro. Colby McKercher has some speed and also saw Hardiman turn the jets on. My little boy loved watching the goal kicking and returning the balls that got trapped in the netting. Sheezel, Wardlaw, Curtis and Drury did a fair bit of practice taking set shots starting on one boundary line and moving in an arc across the ground to the other boundary line. Harry Sheezel did not miss, he is a star. Wardlaw and Curtis were also excellent hardly missing a shot and Drury only missed a couple. Of course it is easier to kick goals at training where you have no pressure. Will proably go on Friday to watch the match sim.

That's good news considering that kicking for goal is a real weakness in Paul's game.

Everything I’ve seen up to now tells me that he’s a complete klutz.

No doubt he’s a trier but I don’t see anything else.
could say that of just about all young ruckmen....then they get 50-100 games under their belts and they still look like a klutz but just become reliable and effective. I'm not worried about X, he competes hard, his fitness base is up, sure he'll frustrate some but less so when he gets a clear run with injury and some continuity. Will he be an AA ruck? Probably not, but doesn't mean he wont play his role well for the team and afterall, it's not like Goldy was in AA mix year in year out despite his tap world record, excellent service, and longevity.....just played his role very very well.

Im not saying we go full geelong and purposefuly not nominate a ruck around the ground, but if our mids focus more on the oppositions ruck and aim for sharking first, the quality of our ruckman doesnt have to be goldstein level.
What I’m saying is I miss chats about Sharks

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back