Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

From all reports had a s**t game last week in the 2's didn't he?

Don't think it was ever likely he was coming in mate as much as we'd all like to see him in the side.
yup, gotta earn it, and he hasn't so far

I'm not sure i'm liking this tactic of ours of having the equivalent of a light pole at CHF just so we can have a relief ruckman in the team.
I look forward to the Lions HB line roaming around without a care in the world.

I guess they are now hoping a more mobile forward line works better

But it likely wont as teams will double team larkey

Noble tried this in his first year.

I remember he tried to argue Zuhaar was like a key forward.

Sigh

I’d love to know what changed between comben breaking his leg last year to now.

At the time of his break “it’s really disappointing for Chom, he’s really put some good footy together as that second forward ruck”

A year later.

Let’s move him back.

Madness. Utter madness.

Sigh

At the time of his break “it’s really disappointing for Chom, he’s really put some good footy together as that second forward ruck”

A year later.

Let’s move him back.

Madness. Utter madness.
I don’t mind comben back

It’s the not playing sellers or Finnbar at chf instead of greenwood that is annoying

I guess they are now hoping a more mobile forward line works better although I’d argue sellers and Finnbar just as mobile if not more than greenwood

But it likely wont as teams will double team larkey

Is he just too slow to get separation on his defender? Compared to Charlie/McKay? Should we just keep him at FF then?

Sigh

A year later.

Let’s move him back.

Madness. Utter madness.

My thoughts, I may be off. But his goal kicking was potentially a factor. Did all the hard work but didn’t capitalise or look close to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenwood could come in and be named on the bench. That way he can play a utility type role when he's not relieving Xerri in the ruck.

That's frees up CCJ's CHF spot for Sellers/ Maley.
I may be mistaken, but neither of them are in Adelaide.

Drury isn't AFL standard and never will be. I like him as he tries and gets the best out of himself but he has no defining attributes to be successful at AFL level. Don't even see value in him as a sub.

Feel sorry for Lazarro - if he's dropped after the weekend then he definitely appears to be getting pushed out the door.

Comden is evidently a CCJ replacement and Greenwood there to replace Lazarro.

Don't think we can use Comden as a defender and go in with a forward line on a small ground where contested possession is important (as Clarkson himself mentioned) with one tall who is a poor contested mark. Would be stupid imo if we did.

So in that case is the defense unchanged?
you're doing the D thing again

I look forward to the Lions HB line roaming around without a care in the world.
That's the real problem. No aerial threat that 1 or 2 of their talls can't handle on their own, and the rest of their defence just set up for the slingshot rebound.

We are the opposite... 3 defenders flying vs 1 forward and still can't win the contest or we end up with crazy mismatches like Fisher on a key forward.

4.8 from 8 games. Sure it’s not great but it’s a pretty small sample size

I’m sure hawthorn aren’t moving Watson down back because of his 2.7
Yeah I agree.
It looked like more of a confidence thing. Granted with the time spent out of the game through injury, it would be expected. However, you’d think they’d let him spend all the time in the world working on it in the 2’s.

Sure we’re crying out for a defender, but comben was breaking packs and taking marks in the forward line (sure, and a few fumbles). Frustrating. Really frustrating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back