Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going down to Norwood oval shortly, hope to get there around 12.30, fiancee is dropping me off then I'll have to get the bus home, I'll have a short sleeve North Melbourne "rugby" top on with jeans.

I’m there atm but wfh today on my lunch break and getting some exercise so need to get back. Guys aren’t out yet.
Please let us know if you see comben, sellers and Finnbar there

25 players visible:

Greenwood
Stephenson
Sheezel
Corr
Wardlaw
Duursma
Scott
Davies-Uniacke
McKercher
McDonald
Simpkin
Tucker
Shiels
Stephens
Fisher
Larkey
Powell
Curtis
Comben
Pink
Xerri
Ford
Drury
K.Dawson
Zurhaar

No Lazzaro

Drury isn't AFL standard and never will be. I like him as he tries and gets the best out of himself but he has no defining attributes to be successful at AFL level. Don't even see value in him as a sub.

Feel sorry for Lazarro - if he's dropped after the weekend then he definitely appears to be getting pushed out the door.

Comden is evidently a CCJ replacement and Greenwood there to replace Lazarro.

Don't think we can use Comden as a defender and go in with a forward line on a small ground where contested possession is important (as Clarkson himself mentioned) with one tall who is a poor contested mark. Would be stupid imo if we did.

So in that case is the defense unchanged?

Drury isn't AFL standard and never will be. I like him as he tries and gets the best out of himself but he has no defining attributes to be successful at AFL level. Don't even see value in him as a sub.

Feel sorry for Lazarro - if he's dropped after the weekend then he definitely appears to be getting pushed out the door.

Don't think we can use Comden as a defender and go in with a forward line on a small ground where contested possession is important (as Clarkson himself mentioned) with one tall who is a poor contested mark. Would be stupid imo if we did.

Comben will play back, will come in for Pink/Corr IMO.

Greenwood will be CHF. hopefully he has his jumping boots on!

Comben will play back, will come in for Pink/Corr IMO.

Greenwood will be CHF. hopefully he has his jumping boots on!

It's possible that Comben plays back, and Greenwood plays forward and ruck as you suggest, but also, McKercher takes Lazzaro's spot in the midfield rotations, and Shiel plays off half back.

We’ve had a gaping hole at CHF since Larkey became our sole KPF.

And we’re now filling it with…checks discussion

Hugh Greenwood?

Despite having an actual CHF (Comben) on the list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

25 players visible:

Greenwood
Stephenson
Sheezel
Corr
Wardlaw
Duursma
Scott
Davies-Uniacke
McKercher
McDonald
Simpkin
Tucker
Shiels
Stephens
Fisher
Larkey
Powell
Curtis
Comben
Pink
Xerri
Ford
Drury
K.Dawson
Zurhaar

No Lazzaro

There’s some names there that could be termed “invisible “

Who is Comden?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back