Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been a massive supporter of Curtis Taylor but the guy is going to find himself delisted within 12 months if he doesn’t start acting like a professional. Always the first to head to Europe, the races or a night club launch. Comes across as a genuine flog

I dare say his on field output will lead to him being delisted, not this stuff.

Wont be at the club in 2025.

I get it, which is why I wish social media didn't exist, as I wouldn't see it, for it to annoy me.

We have the same conversation every year. Has much changed? Has the refreshing up given them a new lease on life to attack pre-season and come back AFL fit?

Nope.

I think we'd be 18th in the fitness ranks and have been for the best part a decade.

I don't begrudge them european footy trips holidays at all, they can do what they want, but holidays like that aren't going to change the needle and I'm over this clubs performances.

Our single biggest issue over the last 5 years has been fitness.

This isn't on the club at all, as this is now built into their CBA, I don't believe the club is actually allowed to formally contact them in this period regarding training etc.

This is on the players and how much they actually WANT to be elite footballers.

Maybe you should read about the pre-season that turned Melbourne around as a football club. It didn't involve sail croatia and steins in Munich...
Apparently when Clarko arrived at the club the players during their first preseason under Clarko has the option to heavily focus on game plan or fitness with the subsequent year being heavily weighted in the other direction - player picked game plan (we won't discuss how that worked out for us).

You'd be hopeful that there will be a significant increase in physical strength, endurance etc etc come round one.

In saying that, seeing players (co cap) with darts in a seedy old Euro alley compared to our first year kids tearing it up already is something that needs to be looked into now - not when players are required back to the club.

Understandably holidays from a working environment are exactly that, albeit with increased public scrutiny & expectations.

Maybe I am getting grumpier as I get older...

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back