Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Pink might be used as a forward until Logue get backs and then frees up Comben to go back to the forward line...He did play forward at Glenelg eventhough he seemed to have found his spot on the backline..

"A mobile, tall target at 195cm, Pink is also capable of roaming further down the ground. Composes himself well in front of goal and is strong overhead when marking the ball in contested situations"

Maybe Pink might be used as a forward until Logue get backs and then frees up Comben to go back to the forward line...He did play forward at Glenelg eventhough he seemed to have found his spot on the backline..

"A mobile, tall target at 195cm, Pink is also capable of roaming further down the ground. Composes himself well in front of goal and is strong overhead when marking the ball in contested situations"
it will be CCJ forward and pinch hit ruck

Good. Create competition for spots and depth in position through the AFL and VFL and in a position that means Charlie is least likely to get injured. We can always swing him forward at a later stage, but we're in effect rolling the dice on a number of later speculative picks (Dawson Chom Pink Biggie) hoping one or two can fill the void. Then all it leaves in effect is us having to fill a hole for a second key forward.

Fortunately we've got levers in cap space and future draft capital over the next couple of years to just fill one position.

conceptually I have no issue with moving a player anywhere really.

However:

Established
Corr - KPD
Logue - KPD (injured)

New
Pink - KPD
Biggie - KPD
Dawson - KPD

Existing not established
Dawson - KPD (extended)
Chom - KPD (Moved)

that is a hell of a focus on bridging a gap on losing a single player while leaving us thin for KPFs.

While I get the whole small ball, 1 tall surrounded by mediums and smalls, We are asking a lot of Larkey and of a midfield that has spent decades dump kicking the ball forward.

Not saying it won't work but, seems like a lot of eggs in one basket.
I can see a long game here if they are rating based on talent / athletic attributes. KPD's with consistent games could always move forward if we have a lack or issue with Larkey. The club might see it as simply more important to get games into Comben to develop - or make a decision on his future - over covering gaps today.

it will be CCJ forward and pinch hit ruck

If he can get on the ground. He'll be given every chance this year I agree - in the words of Tallahassee: It's time for CCJ to nut up or shut up.

A lot on here mistaking an intercepter type vs a key back.
Corr/Dawson aren't stopping any of the monsters of the league.
Chom might be able to in a couple of years.

Still not sure how this makes sense considering we've now got like 5 guys that are key backs and only 1 that's a legitimate key forward. Yet we're going to throw this guy back? Isn't that why we went after Pink and Biggie?
Let Clarko Cook.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I know natural improvement to that the physiques is expected by such a young group but it's hard to not be impressed by the size that players like Sheez, Wardlaw and Arch have put on and I've also been equally impressed with Cam Z and Luke Mc noticeably slimming down.

easy to add others such as LDU, Tucker, Powell and Phillips who have all come back in ripping condition.

I know I'm usually on the positive side of the ledger but if we can get these lads through Xmas injury free we are going to be set up for a pretty fun 2024.
Totally agree and I reckon you can throw Elvis into the put on size group, looks like he's ready to keep building on the back half of last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

conceptually I have no issue with moving a player anywhere really.

However:

Established
Corr - KPD
Logue - KPD (injured)

New
Pink - KPD
Biggie - KPD
Dawson - KPD

Existing not established
Dawson - KPD (extended)
Chom - KPD (Moved)

that is a hell of a focus on bridging a gap on losing a single player while leaving us thin for KPFs.

While I get the whole small ball, 1 tall surrounded by mediums and smalls, We are asking a lot of Larkey and of a midfield that has spent decades dump kicking the ball forward.

Not saying it won't work but, seems like a lot of eggs in one basket.
It could just be a long term smoke and mirrors plan where we ambush GWS by playing him forward.

The Ambush to end all Ambushes.

Hi guys
Sorry for the intrusion.
My son is a north Melbourne supporter and we are down in Melbourne for the next 10 days and I was going to take him to watch his boys train. But this morning I noticed that Arden st footy ground has been dug up.as we were driving to our motel in the city.
Could someone please let me know where the players are doing there training at the moment .
Thanks in advance

According to the injury list (updated 16/11) TT and Archer won't be joining full training until after Xmas. But maybe that's changed.

Archer and TT came out of the rooms right at the end of the session.

Was hard to draw anything from today’s session, so many of the players are unfamiliar, wearing hats, jumpers with the wrong numbers.

My observation was that Biggie was heavily involved, a drill was run that started with him taking an intercept mark and then playing out of the back line staring with him. If I had to guess, he is in round one sights at this stage.

We look so slight, no mature Ziebell style bodies out there anymore but we do look decidedly quicker. Duursma can jump and mark, took two big marks in the forward line that were eye catching. Brayden George is a unit but I was shocked at his height, or lack there of. Sheezel is annoyingly perfect in everything he does and Ford is just such a natural player, always makes the right decisions and his disposal is super neat.

That’s all I have, I was mostly distracted by the bird attacking the drone.

I would rather we try Pink there if Comben is playing down back. Rotate CCJ off the bench with Xerri.
Rucks aren’t rotated off the bench all game… if we go with 2 rucks, then one will spend a lot of time forward.
We may only go with Xerri in the ruck, but considering we are trailing Chom down back, I think we will be starting with CCJ forward to help out Larkey & then chop out Xerri.

Hi guys
Sorry for the intrusion.
My son is a north Melbourne supporter and we are down in Melbourne for the next 10 days and I was going to take him to watch his boys train. But this morning I noticed that Arden st footy ground has been dug up.as we were driving to our motel in the city.
Could someone please let me know where the players are doing there training at the moment .
Thanks in advance

These are training times on the official Web site.

1701830976183.png

I like the move of Chom down back.
It gives us plenty of options with Pink, Biggie & Dawson all unproven.
They can battle it out to see who gets the two spots available down back.
By the time Logue comes back at the end of the year, we will have a fair idea if any of these guys are up to the task of partnering with him.
Chom has all the attributes to be an excellent key/intercepting back. His athleticism, marking & attack on the ball/man will be a great asset to our our back line.

I was at the training and I got a photo of the crow attacking the drone...LOL
Biggie has a good kick on him and moves well.
I like the look of Goad he moves well and looks like he could play a few games next season, Maybe across CHF.
Dylan Stephens has chicken legs, very lean.

I was at the training and I got a photo of the crow attacking the drone...LOL
Biggie has a good kick on him and moves well.
I like the look of Goad he moves well and looks like he could play a few games next season, Maybe across CHF.
Dylan Stephens has chicken legs, very lean.

Can you confirm if TT has made it to Qld?

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back